EA Forums - Banner

Did the forum disappear

Prev13
Yeah the site was down for a while. First there was an error message. Then later it was redirected to the main EA page (with no access to the forum)

Replies

• rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Yeah the site was down for a while. First there was an error message. Then later it was redirected to the main EA page (with no access to the forum)
    scared the crap out of me!

The thought of this place going missing with out a trace!

I live a third of my life here!!! :mrgreen:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    There was a lingering DNS error, in layman's terms the site was still there but our service providers didn't know how to get to the website.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    There was a lingering DNS error, in layman's terms the site was still there but our service providers didn't know how to get to the website.

That explains it, then. I was wondering what was going on. I searched online for answers but got very little information - One comment on EA's Twitter help account, and one on an outage site saying the forum was down (made by a user, not the site).
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Yep, was gone when I got home. Found a post about it on Answers HQ a couple hours later. Glad to be back!
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Yep, was gone when I got home. Found a post about it on Answers HQ a couple hours later. Glad to be back!

Yep, that was me. I was having forum withdrawal. I was missing y'all too much.

I may or may not had opened a ticket with EA inquiring about the issue. That was an Abbott and Costello routine if I ever saw one :lol: :roll:
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    rolybert7 wrote:
    scared the crap out of me!

The thought of this place going missing with out a trace!

I live a third of my life here!!! :mrgreen:

:thumbup: :lol:
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Was it a DDoS attack?
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    What time did you go to bed Taz?

And anyone know what time it came back?
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    That is really strange! I know I came on at about 10pm ish and it was working fine, but when I went to reply a PM about ten minutes later I couldn't get on for the rest of the night :?

Glad it's back anyway!
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    When i try to come back, this forum disappears. They really don't. Want me here :lol:
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Tazzy452 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    That is really strange! I know I came on at about 10pm ish and it was working fine, but when I went to reply a PM about ten minutes later I couldn't get on for the rest of the night :?

Glad it's back anyway!

The issues started about 5 pm in the afternoon. I had issues then and after 3/4 of an hour it seemed to sort it's self out.

I was able to get on all the time after that. There was issues with the game too but they didn't seem to last long for me either.

Yeah there were problems then because no one could get on for the last hour of the conspiracy game so it had to be extended a bit, then I thought it had got fixed. 5 hours later and it was gone completely! :shock: scary!

@ wij lol aw, well it's back now! :D

• henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I was oblivious to any of this but I'm glad you people who live in my iPad are still here! ;)

Good to see you back Wij :thumbup:
  • bgfujino
    499 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I was off the forum and checked out Twitter. And other forums - LPNintendo, one of my neighbors let me know what was up with the site so I just shut it down for the nite. Great to see all is well this morning.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Tazzy452 wrote:
    Funny thing is I couldn't get on here via my ipad or my iphone till this morning.

But I could on the PC. But then I never sign out on my PC so maybe that is why. It happened before too. :-)

I don't think that's it as I never sign out either!
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I woke up to see what happened in the CG and I couldn't get on. It was driving me nuts!
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Tazzy452 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Tazzy452 wrote:
    Funny thing is I couldn't get on here via my ipad or my iphone till this morning.

But I could on the PC. But then I never sign out on my PC so maybe that is why. It happened before too. :-)

Ok I have a very special computer that is magic. :lol:

I'm going on this belief. :mrgreen:
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Tazzy452 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    Tazzy452 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Tazzy452 wrote:

Ok I have a very special computer that is magic. :lol:

I'm going on this belief. :mrgreen:

Now how did I know you were going to spot that post Sue ? :lol:

:lol: LOL!
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    What we need is a disaster backup!! A place where we can go if the forum ever goes missing again like a facebook page.

Or some other super stable place that will always be there!

I made allot of friends here and it is always possible that one day they will close the forum.

OK I made a facebook page. search for Roly Bertram. If you want to create a fake Facebook page its no problem just drop a hint if you request to friend!!

• Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    While I figured it would go back up after not too long, I will admit I got a little uneasy, and agree that we need a backup :lol: Like when you go to an amusement park and say to meet at the fountain, if we get split up and our phones don't work

not facebook though :P
  • Bluejays20091
    403 posts
    edited January 2015
    I thought EA got hacked sorry EA I was wrong :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!