EA Forums - Banner

To my friends and neighbours

ladycatlow wrote:
Hey friends and neighbours! I wanted to apologise for my sparse tapping and forum posting at the moment, my tapping should be getting back to normal in another week.

Long story short I returned to work after my maternity leave but struggled because of my sight loss so ended up signed off sick, had a meeting with my neurologist before Christmas who said as it been a year now I most likely won't get any more sight back so can be registered partially sighted. Decided work wasn't worth the struggle and stress so handed in my notice and I finish next week, so while I'm working my notice I'm not tapping or posting so much sorry.

I didn't want anyone thinking I had given up or was getting bored with the game :D

Hi neighbour :D

Sorry about everything that has happened. I hope your ok and it will be good to see you about tapping again. :-)

Replies

• davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    ladycatlow wrote:
    Hey friends and neighbours! I wanted to apologise for my sparse tapping and forum posting at the moment, my tapping should be getting back to normal in another week.

Long story short I returned to work after my maternity leave but struggled because of my sight loss so ended up signed off sick, had a meeting with my neurologist before Christmas who said as it been a year now I most likely won't get any more sight back so can be registered partially sighted. Decided work wasn't worth the struggle and stress so handed in my notice and I finish next week, so while I'm working my notice I'm not tapping or posting so much sorry.

I didn't want anyone thinking I had given up or was getting bored with the game :D

Sorry to hear that ladycatlow :(
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2015
    Really sorry to hear what you have/are going through :( No need to apologise for the non tapping Ladycatlow RL always comes 1st :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • ladycatlow
    1010 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Hey taz and Davo :D

I'm good and I'm happy. The only thing I'm sad about at the moment is I'm going to miss the loonies I work with like crazy. There is not many people that can say that they laugh every day they go to work no matter what is stressing them out. :lol:

I'll be even more happy when I get back into a regular tapping schedule, it's really hitting my cash earnings! :shock: :lol:

• davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    ladycatlow wrote:

I'm good and I'm happy. The only thing I'm sad about at the moment is I'm going to miss the loonies I work with like crazy. There is not many people that can say that they laugh every day they go to work no matter what is stressing them out. :lol:

I'll be even more happy when I get back into a regular tapping schedule, it's really hitting my cash earnings! :shock: :lol:

It will be hard leaving your mates behind :D It won't be long be for u get back into the game :D
  • ladycatlow
    1010 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Really sorry to hear what you have/are going through :( No need to apologise for the non tapping Ladycatlow RL always comes 1st :)

Hey Neo :D

Thank you, I just hate anyone to think I'm being rude and just not visiting or even worse had given up! :shock:

I'll be good, I've been getting used to it. At least I'll have some happy children now I won't be working Sundays any more bless them! :D
  • ladycatlow
    1010 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Tazzy452 wrote:
    ladycatlow wrote:

That is good to hear as long as your ok. :-) That is the only thing about leaving a job you really like and get on with the people you work with.

I am sure you will be fine once it all sinks in and your back tapping. Yes that is the other problem. It all comes down to the cash in the end. :roll:

I'm ok, it just had to be done as I was tripping over and walking into people and things. So it was time to say enough is enough.

On the flip side I get more time with my beautiful children, more important now than any of it. 8)
  • ladycatlow
    1010 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    davo180 wrote:
    ladycatlow wrote:

It will be hard leaving your mates behind :D It won't be long be for u get back into the game :D

Thank you Davo :D

It really is hard, I'm going to have a leaving meal as well. I'm going to pack tissues as I will most likely be in tears! :lol: I tried to keep up while I was working but it just didn't pan out but one more week and I'll be back regularly. :D
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    ladycatlow wrote:
    davo180 wrote:
    ladycatlow wrote:

Thank you Davo :D

It really is hard, I'm going to have a leaving meal as well. I'm going to pack tissues as I will most likely be in tears! :lol: I tried to keep up while I was working but it just didn't pan out but one more week and I'll be back regularly. :D

I hope u have a great leaving meal :D
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Sorry to hear that ladycatlow :( glad you're not letting it get you down though!

• chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Sorry to hear that, ladycatlow. :( No worry about deleting you. Your are a very good neighbor. :)
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2015
    ladycatlow wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Hey Neo :D

Thank you, I just hate anyone to think I'm being rude and just not visiting or even worse had given up! :shock:

I'll be good, I've been getting used to it. At least I'll have some happy children now I won't be working Sundays any more bless them! :D

No one would ever think your being rude :D Did wonder why i hadnt see you about as much, really hope you coping ok and everything works out for you :D

Aww least your kids will be happy to see you about more :D
  • ladycatlow
    1010 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    @ Davo, thank you. I've planned on the local Thai restaurant, it's awesome so really looking forward to that one! :D

@ taz, we used to get a lady bring in the puppies she was training into our store to get them used to public places and being around people. Such an amazing and rewarding job knowing they are going off to help make someone's quality of life better. 8)

@ Juliet, thank you. I decided it's a waste of energy and time being down about it, it's not going to change the outcome so I decided to be proactive and do what makes me happy! :D I feel so much less stressed since not having to worry about how to cope with work.

@ Chris, thank you! I always try my best to be a good neighbour. I'm going to make sure I get some visits in today. I love visiting your town, I trawl all around it to see what is happening! :D

@ Neo, I'm coping good thank you. I have great support from my GP and my neurologist. Work were great and didn't want me to leave. I also have a helper husband for all the stuff I can't do :lol: He's been great bless him. It's taken a while to adapt, still adapting on some things. Main thing is we don't take it too seriously, we have a little joke here and there. I think sometimes people can take their conditions a bit too seriously.

I'll be about more soon! :shock: :lol:
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    ladycatlow wrote:
    @ Davo, thank you. I've planned on the local Thai restaurant, it's awesome so really looking forward to that one! :D

@ taz, we used to get a lady bring in the puppies she was training into our store to get them used to public places and being around people. Such an amazing and rewarding job knowing they are going off to help make someone's quality of life better. 8)

@ Juliet, thank you. I decided it's a waste of energy and time being down about it, it's not going to change the outcome so I decided to be proactive and do what makes me happy! :D I feel so much less stressed since not having to worry about how to cope with work.

@ Chris, thank you! I always try my best to be a good neighbour. I'm going to make sure I get some visits in today. I love visiting your town, I trawl all around it to see what is happening! :D

@ Neo, I'm coping good thank you. I have great support from my GP and my neurologist. Work were great and didn't want me to leave. I also have a helper husband for all the stuff I can't do :lol: He's been great bless him. It's taken a while to adapt, still adapting on some things. Main thing is we don't take it too seriously, we have a little joke here and there. I think sometimes people can take their conditions a bit too seriously.

Nice :D
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2015
    ladycatlow wrote:

Thats good news and great to hear you are up beat about everything :D

Hopefully see you about these parts soon :D
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Can you get guide dogs for being partially blind? That would be a positive :-)
  • ladycatlow
    1010 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    juliet603 wrote:

I wasn't sure on that one so I went and had a look and yes you can. I think a lot depends on whether you can let the dog guide you around, it's definitely something to look into :)
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    ladycatlow wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

I wasn't sure on that one so I went and had a look and yes you can. I think a lot depends on whether you can let the dog guide you around, it's definitely something to look into :)

That would be nice! :D
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Sorry to hear you are having a rough time ladycatlow. Can't imagine how hard this must be for you. Enjoy the extra time with your kids and don't worry about the tappers. We will all be here for you whenever you need us.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!