EA Forums - Banner

PSA: Islands and cars

Here is a link to the thread that this ('islandgate')was originally discussed on at length for those who missed it:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10276084.page

EDIT: clarity

Replies

• bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for summing it up in a nice PSA. I think that was a good idea!
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't think it'll happen again with the cars though, since the islands were kind of a Christmas gift. I guess I can see why people would still be nervous to buy them though.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • grogtheslayer
    12 posts
    edited January 2015
    I'm not nervous, I'm suffering from donut fatigue. I'm waiting to see if tonight's episode is enough motivation to push me off the fence and buy them. Yes, I've been a premium player since September 2012 and have almost everything in the game, but quite honestly, my enjoyment of this title has really sunk.
  • ernienbenny
    149 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm not nervous, either. I have absolutely no need for these electric cars. I'm tired of cars that can't be placed on roads, or that don't just move around town (on said roads), like the characters roam around on the sidewalks.
  • stinkbugger
    1950 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I can't wait until they offer "limited time" premium fancy gates, only to later sell them to all. Gategate will be all the rage.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm not nervous, I'm suffering from donut fatigue. I'm waiting to see if tonight's episode is enough motivation to push me off the fence and buy them. Yes, I've been a premium player since September 2012 and have almost everything in the game, but quite honestly, my enjoyment of this title has really sunk.

Ahhhh nearly a completionist and about to buy the boatload. Godspeed!
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    OKAY!!!! I got my donuts back! I have to tell you though that it took an hour. I'm actually wondering if it was worth it. An hours worth of time means a lot to me. But I did get my donuts back and I did end up using those to get the cars. I am a happy camper.
  • suetopia
    4219 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    OKAY!!!! I got my donuts back! I have to tell you though that it took an hour. I'm actually wondering if it was worth it. An hours worth of time means a lot to me. But I did get my donuts back and I did end up using those to get the cars. I am a happy camper.

That's great news! I'm glad it all worked out for you! :D
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I can't wait until they offer "limited time" premium fancy gates, only to later sell them to all. Gategate will be all the rage.

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

:D
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited January 2015

Congrats!! I am very glad this worked out for you!!

I guess since it took you an hour, you were forced to use the chat option? I'm not sure where you are located, but I believe the chat is the only option now for international users. I think it is crazy that EA has removed the option to contact them via email. Anyway, I am glad you were able to get a refund. And anyone else who may have experienced the same thing is able to get a refund if they choose to do so.
  • sith9er696
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I got my donuts back by using the call option. It took them about 3 hours to call even though it said 45 minutes, but I got the donuts so it was worth it
  • CPTSean541
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I bought the stupid islands and I don't care anymore. After not knowing if they'd extend Christmas and I could barely login so I bought the last few items in that.

I'm over the whole thing. Let's get some kick-butt stuff soon and move on.
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    bradyc79 wrote:

Congrats!! I am very glad this worked out for you!!

I guess since it took you an hour, you were forced to use the chat option? I'm not sure where you are located, but I believe the chat is the only option now for international users. I think it is crazy that EA has removed the option to contact them via email. Anyway, I am glad you were able to get a refund. And anyone else who may have experienced the same thing is able to get a refund if they choose to do so.

I wouldn't have even known a refund was possible if it weren't for you! So thanks!
  • TheREALRAWPrAwN
    13 posts
    edited January 2015
    Well, here's the new official copy/paste response I recieved pursuing my refund :

Screenshot_2015-01-27-14-58-32-1_zpsbbs9sjqz.png

And that is how you turn premium customers away. Im too disgusted to write anything more
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!