EA Forums - Banner

Yaaay more land!

13Next

Replies

  • suetopia
    4232 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Glad for new land but why do they keep adding it to the right/East.. Why don't they ever add a strip from the moutains down(west to east) if that's how u look at it lol.. Been hoping for a new strip there for the longest.. Woulda thought they would do that before adding all of it to the right(even though I consider that the bottom lol)
    You consider east the bottom?

    The east of this Springfield, yea. Might be just because that's what a good amount of my buildings face and that's the way we expanded.. I don't see the Squidport or beach south.. Even though South Beach has a good ring to it lol.. Just my way of seeing it

    Mountains can be North or South in certain places on the Earth.

    BUT Springfield is located in the US. The mountains there are to the west (the Rockies) and to the east (the Appalachians). So, if you put it in that context, the bottom of our screens cannot be south.

    EDIT: ninja'd by Neuro :D
  • suetopia
    4232 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Oh, more importantly - thanks for the land EA!
  • orionsbell
    478 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    An immediate complete purchase was a no-brainer.
    neuroheart wrote:
    If the mountains are west and the top of the map is north, the new land is to the east, or the right side of town. The bottom, or south, is the shore.

    (Note: I'm 99% certain that within the continental United States, a mountain range is either to the west or the east of you.)

    I watch/play under the premise that it's Springfield, OR so that would make the mountains north, the ocean west, etc.
    BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    Can mountains not be north? Ask the Indians where the Himalayans are....
    Otherwise I totally agree with the directons of the SF land/map.
    I didn't realize Springfield was in India. I thought it was somewhere vaguely U.S.

    Mountain ranges in the States run generally north to south (with a few minor bends) so if you are next to them, they are to the west or the east of you.


    We could call the mountains east, but I think that would be even more confusing.

    Well... you didn't refer to US, you said "Not if you accept the convention that the top of a map is north and have ever lived around mountains. (Mountains cannot be north, thus cannot be the top, thus land opposite the mountains is not the bottom.)

    I don't really connect SF to US. Sort of, but it could be anywhere. It'a made up city.
    And I think that if you live with a mountain range north of you, you will think that the mountains in the game is north. I have no mountains at all where I live (Denmark if flat as a pancake), so I just go with "the sea is south" instead. Because it was where I grew up. Now I live on an island. :-)
  • wagondriver4
    310 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Ha! I just put jebidiah at center of landing zone last night. Glad I didn't get any further with my redisign. Was mainly storing a lot of hedges and bushes that were hidden.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    Can mountains not be north? Ask the Indians where the Himalayans are....
    Otherwise I totally agree with the directons of the SF land/map.
    I didn't realize Springfield was in India. I thought it was somewhere vaguely U.S.

    Mountain ranges in the States run generally north to south (with a few minor bends) so if you are next to them, they are to the west or the east of you.


    We could call the mountains east, but I think that would be even more confusing.

    Well... you didn't refer to US
    Oh?
    neuroheart wrote:
    (Note: I'm 99% certain that within the continental United States, a mountain range is either to the west or the east of you.)

    The Simpsons, made up city or not, still takes place in the U.S.
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    Oh, more importantly - thanks for the land EA!




    HOOOOORAYYYYYY!!!!! I'm sure I'll use it up fast , but thanks for the land!!!!
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Whatever neuroheart. Whatever.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Whatever me all you want. Doesn't make the show less of an American creation taking place in America with American accents and American holidays and traditions.
    orionsbell wrote:
    An immediate complete purchase was a no-brainer.
    neuroheart wrote:
    If the mountains are west and the top of the map is north, the new land is to the east, or the right side of town. The bottom, or south, is the shore.

    (Note: I'm 99% certain that within the continental United States, a mountain range is either to the west or the east of you.)

    I watch/play under the premise that it's Springfield, OR so that would make the mountains north, the ocean west, etc.
    The mountains would be more east in Springfield, OR, though it's tucked into the range, so really every direction could be mountains there. It is not a coastal city.
  • barszap785
    454 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    Can mountains not be north? Ask the Indians where the Himalayans are....
    Otherwise I totally agree with the directons of the SF land/map.
    I didn't realize Springfield was in India. I thought it was somewhere vaguely U.S.

    Mountain ranges in the States run generally north to south (with a few minor bends) so if you are next to them, they are to the west or the east of you.


    We could call the mountains east, but I think that would be even more confusing.

    Well... you didn't refer to US
    Oh?
    neuroheart wrote:
    (Note: I'm 99% certain that within the continental United States, a mountain range is either to the west or the east of you.)

    The Simpsons, made up city or not, still takes place in the U.S.

    I've always thought of the mountains as North and the ocean as West since that's the way it pretty much is here in Northern CA (mountains are NE). There are a lot less places in the US with an ocean to the South than either East or West of them.
  • adammeadeisd
    596 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I say thank ya kindly.
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Whatever me all you want. Doesn't make the show less of an American creation taking place in America with American accents and American holidays and traditions.

    Why are you so mad at me? I have never been to the US, and I don't have the location of all mountains in US in my head when I play. And I don't know where in the US SF is supposed to be. If I look at a made up, imaginary map, for me the ocean/water is south. No matter if this made up map is from US, India, New Zealand or Sweden. And except for Thanks giving, I think we have the same holidays. Well maybe not "midsommar". That is scandinavian.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    People are already complaining about needing more land when we get a new strip today? :shock: :roll:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Whatever me all you want. Doesn't make the show less of an American creation taking place in America with American accents and American holidays and traditions.

    Why are you so mad at me?
    I went and found maps and argued the logic of the map orientation after being told it was "weird" to look at it that way. You ignored much of what I said and then dismissed what you did read with a "whatever." Now you're playing the victim. I'm done talking to you.
  • awez1
    408 posts New member
    edited January 2015
    i really wanted the next strip of land to be the top.... :(

    also idk if i wanna buy the new land..... my springfield is so perfect and pretty and my landing spot is gorgeous and if i buy it.... that all.... goes.... to.... HELL!!!!!! :evil:
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited January 2015
    Mountains are north because I say so. America is wrong.
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    We timed. While I can't afford it at the moment, this will be dandy for my nuke. Yay!
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Woohoo! :mrgreen: Wrong place though! :P Would've preferred it the other side. :)
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Just bought all the new land & water, chump change. :)

    image.jpg1.jpg

    Change please :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.