EA Forums - Banner

Landing Zone question

Prev1
I thought it was the "center" of your town. Regardless, as you purchase more land to the right side, your dropzone also moves to the right. I am unsure if land "up and down" effects as well.

Replies

• wagondriver4
    306 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Also, what you see when you enter your town is what visitors see. Unless there is an event that has an item or building that overrides where a town is entered.
  • tilycoclem
    272 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Yes ^
    Where you first land in your own town is your Landing Zone.
    That is also where your friends will land.
    This will change with land purchases and move accordingly.
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Ok, thank you. I'm glad to finally know this for sure. I'm going to go to my town and really take note of where the heck I land upon entry. I want to be sure my landing zone is presentable to guests lol :wink:
    Thanks again :)
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Well I just checked my landing zone. It's kinda blahhhhh. I wish it was somewhere else in my town, somewhere more interesting lol :roll: . Oh well. I'll have to buy more land and try to shift it. :wink:
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Your landing zone is determined by purchased land. It's centered left and right, and up and down (no matter how you look at the NSEW debate :)) on the outermost piece of land you bought. So, if you buy another space moving out east, then your landing zone will move slightly to center your LZ in the middle.

This is why you see a lot of people buy one run of land off to an edge and do nothing with it until they start to fill out the rest. This is so they can have their LZ centered right off the bat, and design around it.

Hope that helps. :)
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    EA should think about creating a moveable item that marks your landing zone, like the Present Depot was during Christmas 2013. I think a lot of players purposely design their LZ a certain way, myself included, and unless we have a multiple-item select tool to shift a whole section of town (not gonna happen), it's a tedious task to have to break down the center of your town each time there's new land.

(BTW, by no means am I complaining about the new land. I'm extremely grateful for it, no matter what direction it is.)
  • 4junk3000
    6028 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Jedihntr wrote:
    EA should think about creating a moveable item that marks your landing zone, like the Present Depot was during Christmas 2013. I think a lot of players purposely design their LZ a certain way, myself included, and unless we have a multiple-item select tool to shift a whole section of town (not gonna happen), it's a tedious task to have to break down the center of your town each time there's new land.

(BTW, by no means am I complaining about the new land. I'm extremely grateful for it, no matter what direction it is.)

I agree completely. :-)
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Jedihntr wrote:

That's a really great idea.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I had no idea about the LZ u ntil recently after reading a post here. My lz isnt really great but i havent had a chance to do much as i was busy with halloween and xmas quests. Probably will try moving some buildings although it sucks that it will shift after buying land.
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Thank you to everyone who replied. :)
    I, too, agree that it would be a great idea if there was an item/object that could move around and serve as our LZ wherever we preferred it. I like that idea. 8)
  • crsroyal
    108 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Of course no matter which building they choose for the landing zone center piece, there would be a swarm of complaints about why this and not the other :? No way we would ever agree on which Building it should be. If anything it should be an invisible moveable marker.
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    If you ask me, everyone has The Simpsons house so if there were to be a permanent marker (which I like the idea of) it should be that.

Another way to determine your landing zone is to leave your entire town untapped, and see where the handshakes are appearing most often.

Not quite as exact as the method already discussed, but an idea.
  • 4junk3000
    6028 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    It would be very simple to have a marker which is only visible in editing screen, that we place on one square and it determines the LZ.

They've demonstrated the LZ is not static. We should determine its placement.

All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Really?!? I think this is an extremely personal question for Game Discussi... Ohhhh, landing zone.

Nevermind.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    If you ask me, everyone has The Simpsons house so if there were to be a permanent marker (which I like the idea of) it should be that.
    But then they would all look the same. That would be boring.

I've said before that I'd like a small, simple, but unique decoration. A directory map would be my first choice, but some sort of sign or even a unique rock would also work well. Something that would blend in or be easily hidden.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited January 2015
    My LZ consisted of the city hall building and Squidport bus station which was perfect for me. I have landscaped gardens in front of the city hall that contain both Jebediah Springfield statues. Now my LZ is part of my restaurant area. I'm not bothering to move things around as it will mess too many things up but it is irksome. As another poster said we need to have a marker that we can move around to suit.
  • StuStu66
    5 posts
    edited January 2015
    Every Krustyland has the same LZ no matter how big. Why can't Springfield be the same?
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Well maybe a cool tree, something like the Lemon Tree or the Cherry Tree that came with GW, could be the LZ marker. I love the trees in the game and wouldn't mind having a special tree as a marker.
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    My landing zone is on my Shopping Mall which I hate! I wish our landing zones changed with each new building outside of events.
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    MamaLuck wrote:
    Well maybe a cool tree, something like the Lemon Tree or the Cherry Tree that came with GW, could be the LZ marker.
    I would prefer it not be a tree. Trees are generally at least four squares and can't be hidden as easily as a small sign or rock could be.
    Say someone wants their landing zone to be their Jebediah statue. A small deco could be hidden behind the base of the statue, making it appear to be the landing zone. However, if the marker is a tree, they might not be able to integrate it well enough for the statue to be the landing zone. This would frustrate a lot of people.
    A small and unique decoration that could be hidden easily or blend in with several landscapes would be the easiest way to give everyone the LZ they want, make it easy to move if you want to move it, etc. A tree is too large and wouldn't blend with all locations. (Trees also can't generally be placed on squidport.)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.