EA Forums - Banner

I just want to understand this

Prev1
Being active is important so that people can visit your town and tap buildings and get money/xp. :)

Having an organised town? I don't know! Maybe they mean not a house farm and it just generally looks like a real city? :?

Replies

• KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Hopefully I've put this topic in the right place, but I just have questions about this game.

Like I've only been on this forum for about 3 weeks. But in those 3 weeks I've seen people say things like "ONLY ADD ME IF YOU'RE ACTIVE." "ONLY ADD ME IF YOUR SPRINGFIELD IS ORGANIZED"

And I just want to know why do those things matter to some of you? And also what is considered "active" to you? People playing every day? What is an organized Springfield in your eyes? Why is this game a competition, i guess, to some of you instead of it being a fun game?

Like I'm not trying to attack anyone I just really want to understand why some of you are like this?

Personally I don't care. Just as long as your town consistently has something to tap when I do visit I'm good.
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm a premium player so I am after donuts through friend taps.
    If you as a neighbour keep having nothing to tap, you wouldn't meet my personal needs for the game :)
    Also if you are not an active player, that's no good to me during events, through both neighbour taps & visits to my town.
  • kxtr
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    - active may mean neighbours, that visit. at least it means you should clean the handshakes in your town so that there's something to tap-

- organized: some people just don't want to look at a bunch of houses hunched together with no streets, decoration and so on
  • alainaroyste
    12 posts
    edited February 2015
    Being active is important so that people can visit your town and tap buildings and get money/xp. :)

Having an organised town? I don't know! Maybe they mean not a house farm and it just generally looks like a real city? :?

Well that's understandable the being active part. The organized town is the one that gets me the most.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2015

Well that's understandable the being active part. The organized town is the one that gets me the most.
    Why does it bother you that some players want to visit nice towns?
  • alainaroyste
    12 posts
    edited February 2015
    If you as a neighbour keep having nothing to tap, you wouldn't meet my personal needs for the game :)
    Also if you are not an active player, that's no good to me during events, through both neighbour taps & visits to my town.

See that makes sense. Thank you for your input. Now that I think about it it must be mostly premium players who say things like that the most. Most of my friends on the game are my actual college friends and none of us are premium players so we don't have the need to be active every day. Also we're busy all the time so we play when we can, haha.
  • alainaroyste
    12 posts
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:

Nothing about it bothers me. I just wanted to understand why they're so adamant about visiting nice towns. I play with a lot of my real life friends and none of our towns are perfect so it doesn't really bother me.
  • alainaroyste
    12 posts
    edited February 2015
    Tazzy452 wrote:
    Personally all my neighbours are awesome. They either visit every day or they don't. They have great towns to wander round or they don't. They only visit when there is an update or they don't. Can you see where I am going with this ? :lol:

I do not care what my neighbours towns look like. How often they visit. They are all awesome in there own way. :thumbup:

I'm the same way! :)
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:

Nothing about it bothers me. I just wanted to understand why they're so adamant about visiting nice towns. I play with a lot of my real life friends and none of our towns are perfect so it doesn't really bother me.

Maybe people see the disorganized town and they think that this person does not take the game serious. So by that logic, they only one active neighbors who take the game serious.
  • CPTSean541
    118 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't care much. They allow to to have X amount of friends which is more than enough when it comes to the events.

If someone hasn't played in months, I try to remember to delete them.

What you do with your town is your business.
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited February 2015
    To echo what a lot of the previous posts have said -

I want 3 things to tap on when I visit a friends SF. If they are an active player this should be possible. Also good to have active friends for some events, depending on the actual event itself. Anything more than that, ie them visiting me, is a bonus.

As for wanting only certain types of town. *Shrug* It's your town, you make it look as ya like. I have friends that have fantastic towns and others that look like all the buildings have been dropped down as if they were lego thrown from a child's hand. Not my concern tbh.
  • 4junk3000
    5896 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Hopefully I've put this topic in the right place, but I just have questions about this game.

Like I've only been on this forum for about 3 weeks. But in those 3 weeks I've seen people say things like "ONLY ADD ME IF YOU'RE ACTIVE." "ONLY ADD ME IF YOUR SPRINGFIELD IS ORGANIZED"

And I just want to know why do those things matter to some of you? And also what is considered "active" to you? People playing every day? What is an organized Springfield in your eyes? Why is this game a competition, i guess, to some of you instead of it being a fun game?

Like I'm not trying to attack anyone I just really want to understand why some of you are like this?

Consider this:

You're in gym class. Today the class is going to play volleyball. Some people will think "hey that's an easy, care free kind of game. Maybe I'll just talk to my friend next to me." Others will think, "I love volleyball and I want to win!"

The game starts and the players who are taking the game seriously notice the others who are not as serious about it. They start to develop resentment for their team members, because they had an expectation that everyone would be putting in as much effort as they are. Eventually those players become split into arguing with each other, some saying to play more seriously and others saying to lighten up.

They each had different expectations of a game of volleyball. It is always preconceived expectations which lead to personal frustration.
    THIS HAPPENS WITH TSTO AS WELL. It happens here on forum also.

So it is perfectly reasonable for people to express a desire to play with like minded people, whether they take it seriously, or they are more casual about it. Similar personalities support each other's beliefs. This is typical of most social activities.

Make sense now? If you find this interesting, study social psychology. People are remarkably predictable because our behavior is pretty consistent.
  • alainaroyste
    12 posts
    edited February 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

Consider this:

You're in gym class. Today the class is going to play volleyball. Some people will think "hey that's an easy, care free kind of game. Maybe I'll just talk to my friend next to me." Others will think, "I love volleyball and I want to win!"

The game starts and the players who are taking the game seriously notice the others who are not as serious about it. They start to develop resentment for their team members, because they had an expectation that everyone would be putting in as much effort as they are. Eventually those players become split into arguing with each other, some saying to play more seriously and others saying to lighten up.

They each had different expectations of a game of volleyball. It is always preconceived expectations which lead to personal frustration.

So it is perfectly reasonable for people to express a desire to play with like minded people, whether they take it seriously, or they are more casual about it. Similar personalities support each other's beliefs. This is typical of most social activities.

Make sense now? If you find this interesting, study social psychology. People are remarkably predictable because our behavior is pretty consistent.

Yeah it makes sense. This is one of the best explanations I've gotten. Thank you.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

Consider this:

Wonderfully stated, though I would change the "volleyball" to "golf". In a volleyball game, if someone isn't pulling their own weight, the team suffers and is less likely to win. No matter how hard the serious players work, they can lose. With golf, nobody relies on anyone else's efforts in order to win, so it doesn't matter like it would in volleyball ... but it sure is more appealing to watch Retief Goosen play nearby than it would be to watch, say, me. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    KillaSqirl wrote:

Personally I don't care. Just as long as your town consistently has something to tap when I do visit I'm good.

This. I just like to have something to tap when I visit. Personally, I have neighbors who have
    really nice towns (AKA Barry) and neighbors who strictly put stuff down anywhere. Not my town; not my decision.
  • 4junk3000
    5896 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Wonderfully stated, though I would change the "volleyball" to "golf". In a volleyball game, if someone isn't pulling their own weight, the team suffers and is less likely to win.'
    You're absolutely correct.

But i was answering her request to understand. So i used volleyball to more accurately describe the social dynamic and the underlying motivation. The people she was asking about, WANT a more team like experience. So they are essentially seeking like minded teammates to play TSTO with them.

This is what is happening, and part of OPs confusion is probably that it shouldn't be, because it IS more like golf than volleyball. It doesn't make sense to apply the motivation in TSTO, as just like golf, we ARE playing our own game.

Ideally. (It's a different matter that we play golf together, and are influenced by the pressure we perceive coming from our competitors. That perception can make us play better, or worse, than playing alone)
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Oops auto correct strikes again,I am a freemium player :oops:
  • alainaroyste
    12 posts
    edited February 2015
    Oops auto correct strikes again,I am a freemium player :oops:

ohhh! It's okay! autocorrect does that to me too.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited February 2015

See that makes sense. Thank you for your input. Now that I think about it it must be mostly premium players who say things like that the most. Most of my friends on the game are my actual college friends and none of us are premium players so we don't have the need to be active every day. Also we're busy all the time so we play when we can, haha.

Hi - just wanted to add its not solely premium players that are particular/list these requirements. I know of several freemium players who have specific neighbour requirements as well, and several premium players who don't have requirements other than that of being able to have things available to tap on when they visit, and reliability during events (as a premium player, that's what I care about).

What it comes down to, freemium or premium, is that they are looking for players that play they way they do (as 4junk3000 has already noted). :D
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    This game has the flexibility to be played anyway you want to play it.....I love to decorate, so that's mostly what I do in my towns. Everyone has different strategies and tastes. There is no right way to play. I prefer well-designed Springfields that really reflect the imaginations of the players. It's called having fun doing your own thing!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.