EA Forums - Banner

The stonecutters items are back in the store.

Replies

• larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    On the positive side: this proves ea does listen to us. Many people wanted to have the stonecutters reappear.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited February 2015
    CLWggg wrote:
    KRCJabba wrote:
    Damned if you do damned if you don't... I'm happy for the new players who may not have had the opportunity to get the Stone cutters items when the event ran.

Its great for the new players, but why don't we (I play since the launch of the game) get ANYTHING?

But you do - you now get premium pay-outs for previously non-premium Stonecutter skins. (At least, you certainly seem to for the tasks that involve the lodge...)

I think that many people may be overlooking what actually made any of these things premium. As someone mentioned earlier, the Stonecutter's Lodge is now available for 140 donuts. Therefore, all tasks that are completed inside of the lodge are now premium.

Once you have to buy something with donuts, it is now premium. I have all of the skins already, so don't have any listed for sale. But if someone's skin, like Flanders or something, is not listed for sale yet, then it will not be premium yet. But this Black Market sale seems to be changing in waves. So when they re release some more older stuff for donuts, those items will become premium as well.
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Well I'm kinda happy. I missed out on the Stonecutter Daycare Center the first time around because $250000 was an impossibly large amount. Now it's pocket change. :D

I'll stock up on some hieroglyph walls too, and I'll be set.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited February 2015
    tralfabits wrote:
    Well I'm kinda happy. I missed out on the Stonecutter Daycare Center the first time around because $250000 was an impossibly large amount. Now it's pocket change. :D

I'll stock up on some hieroglyph walls too, and I'll be set.

Ok, so the Daycare Center is still only in game $$?? And therefore, tasks there would still not pay premium.

Interesting that they kept it at the same reasonable price. I do like that as well.
  • djcenturio629
    101 posts
    edited February 2015
    For those like me whom missed out on the Stonecutters the 1st time round the update is welcome BUT to have some items only available for such a short time as less than two days is a nuisance. Four to Six days woulda been better.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Rich0913 wrote:
    Also got the table and stone of triumph, and about 100 walls.

Don't forget the table pays out 10 (or was it 15?) donuts. IIRC, have Homer singing then tap him 3 times, bit like the Jebediah statue deal. Hopefully it still works.

Thanks, this does still payout 10 donuts.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    2almondnut wrote:
    Stonecutters. Stupid autocorrect.

ROFL. I read your earlier post and was, like, "transmitters?" :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Rich0913 wrote:
    Rich0913 wrote:
    Also got the table and stone of triumph, and about 100 walls.

Don't forget the table pays out 10 (or was it 15?) donuts. IIRC, have Homer singing then tap him 3 times, bit like the Jebediah statue deal. Hopefully it still works.

Thanks, this does still payout 10 donuts.

Yay! Glad it still works :thumbup:
  • Determined82
    97 posts
    edited February 2015
    Wonder if they are doing this to then tie something into Stonecutters, like they control the Valentine's holiday but that way everyone has chance to be one similar level. Just a thought.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited February 2015
    2almondnut wrote:
    Stonecutters. Stupid autocorrect.

ROFL. I read your earlier post and was, like, "transmitters?" :)

Yeah, I actually thought that post was referring to the Family Guy game I do not play, and thought maybe that was a different building and he was actually a celebrity character.

Now I realize she was referring to the actual Stonecutter's Lodge and the character Number One that he played in the Simpsons. LOL!
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Is arnie pye even discounted? I think 85 donuts is the regular price...this "sale" is junk. Who's it good for? Premium players who started 6 months ago?
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Well, I'm stoked at least because I started playing a couple weeks before the stonecutters event. I have number 1 already, but not the walls. I'm gonna stock up on those like crazy.
    They're super useful. I've used them all over the place.

Agree. Walls, fences and hedges are the most useful decorations in TSTO IMO and they're always the ones you regret not buying more of after the event is over. As soon as I decided what to do with the ice walls from Christmas, I realized I didn't buy enough. Same thing happened last Halloween with the spooky walls. I'm glad we get to buy more. With all the mansions we've gotten lately, it gets monotonous using the same fencing.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Wow! What a disappointment! :roll:
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Alright, hoarding more walls and right now getting a pyramid. Always been jealous of them :)
  • OrdinarilyBob
    305 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Sorry to all you veteran players who already had all this Stonecutter stuff and are "only" getting premium payouts for your SC skins, but for me, a player who started days after the SC Event ended, and has envied some of the items, I'm quite happy to be getting this sale! I still have some donuts left over from Christmas, so I've used it as a chance to get the Lodge/#1, Table, and Stone. Getting a free skin for Krusty is always neat. And of course, the Daycare is being built and will get lots of walls before they go.

I'm trying decide if I want the Carl, Lennie, and Arnie skins. I might take the latter if only to give him more tasks that don't use the helicopter (that thing was cool for about 30s, then it got in my way of tapping, and I can't stand it anymore! LOL). How are the SC animations for these three? And trying to decide if I like the All Seeing Eye...

So now I'm just hoping they re-release the ping curly slides in a future wave. I've wanted a few of those since I first saw it!

...Still looking forward to a V-Day Event. :-)
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Sorry to all you veteran players who already had all this Stonecutter stuff and are "only" getting premium payouts for your SC skins, but for me, a player who started days after the SC Event ended, and has envied some of the items, I'm quite happy to be getting this sale! I still have some donuts left over from Christmas, so I've used it as a chance to get the Lodge/#1, Table, and Stone. Getting a free skin for Krusty is always neat. And of course, the Daycare is being built and will get lots of walls before they go.

I'm trying decide if I want the Carl, Lennie, and Arnie skins. I might take the latter if only to give him more tasks that don't use the helicopter (that thing was cool for about 30s, then it got in my way of tapping, and I can't stand it anymore! LOL). How are the SC animations for these three? And trying to decide if I like the All Seeing Eye...

So now I'm just hoping they re-release the ping curly slides in a future wave. I've wanted a few of those since I first saw it!

Stonecutter skins don't have a premium payout
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm trying decide if I want the Carl, Lennie, and Arnie skins. I might take the latter if only to give him more tasks that don't use the helicopter (that thing was cool for about 30s, then it got in my way of tapping, and I can't stand it anymore! LOL). How are the SC animations for these three?
    Sadly, their SC tasks are indoor. Lenny and Carl should, by all rights, be able to sing the song, but they can't. (Well, unless they add that as a special surprise, which would be awesome.)
    It is quite handy to have a skin for Arnie, though. (Funny thing is that I only bought him because I had the skin for him.)
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    vetteeater wrote:

Stonecutter skins don't have a premium payout

Hibbert's skin does. It was one of two premium skins available during the event.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    I'm trying decide if I want the Carl, Lennie, and Arnie skins. I might take the latter if only to give him more tasks that don't use the helicopter (that thing was cool for about 30s, then it got in my way of tapping, and I can't stand it anymore! LOL). How are the SC animations for these three?
    Sadly, their SC tasks are indoor. Lenny and Carl should, by all rights, be able to sing the song, but they can't. (Well, unless they add that as a special surprise, which would be awesome.)
    It is quite handy to have a skin for Arnie, though. (Funny thing is that I only bought him because I had the skin for him.)
    Who's place is between Homer and Number 51?
    kBArpLXl.jpg
  • tigger2go
    106 posts
    edited February 2015
    OMG! a second chance at the Day care and I don't have to shell out 300 donuts :twisted: what is becoming of EA :?:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!