EA Forums - Banner

Feb. 5 Update Glitch

ojbee
112 posts Member
Before the headache of customer service, I suggest playing through the tutorial until you get to the point where you can go to the friend screen, and log in from there. This usually works, and doesn't take all that long. (I've had to go through this a couple times, myself.)
Good luck.

Replies

• ojbee
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    okie dokie. thanks neuroheart.
  • eltoncc
    550 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    You can also try to hard-close or to reinstall the app. Usually works for me.
  • jasonxenakisgt
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    ojbee wrote:
    The game on my phone updated.

My login corner says "ojbee, level 49," then it takes me to "Failed to save: This account has been signed into another device." (My tablet is at home by lonesome itself. It may be "smart", but not that smart to play all by itself.) When I tap "retry", it takes to me the BEGINNING Homer video. (well, while I was proofreading this post restarted phone/game, and now it's just frozen.)

I have logged off and logged in. I have restarted the phone.

My friends can see and enter my level 49 town, but I can not get to my town.

My friend was able to log into his town from my phone.

I have never dealt with the "customer support" for TSTO before. What is the best way to fix/handle this glitch?

Thanks in advance.

argh....

Same thing happened to me today. I contacted EA after trying hard restarts and all that. I ended up having to uninstall/reinstall and that worked. Hope that helps!
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I usually try the uninstall/reinstall first before reaching out to customer service. If you are on a limited data plan through your phone you may want to connect to WiFi though - it will take several minutes to re-download all the updates
  • ojbee
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Status Update: ...argh...still no where.
    I am unable to finish the tutorial because it keeps crashing.
    i may have to un/re-install after all.

(and to think that i was so excited to read about stonecutter purchases....)
  • ojbee
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2015

I really didn't want to un/re-install. So I called a friend.

She logged into my SF from her device and tapped a few things and logged out.

I restarted my phone just to be on a safe side, and when I logged in, I GOT IN!

Thanks everyone for your help.

Now, I can happily gripe about not having a Vday event, YET.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2015
    Tara1qt wrote:
    I usually try the uninstall/reinstall first before reaching out to customer service. If you are on a limited data plan through your phone you may want to connect to WiFi though - it will take several minutes to re-download all the updates

+1
  • eltoncc
    550 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    ojbee wrote:

I really didn't want to un/re-install. So I called a friend.

She logged into my SF from her device and tapped a few things and logged out.

I restarted my phone just to be on a safe side, and when I logged in, I GOT IN!

Thanks everyone for your help.

Now, I can happily gripe about not having a Vday event, YET.

Cool! Happy tapping 8)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!