EA Forums - Banner

How would you feel about the launch of a new TSTO?

Prev1
When the idea was brought up, people were mixed and justifiably so. If EA can make it so our towns are able to be uploaded into the new game then people would be fine with it but if they lose everything then there is going to be a big problem and a lot of people will not play the new game.

I want my stuff to transfer over, but I could completely understand if they just don't want to go through the hassle of integrating the old game into the new one. Just as long as we know about it in advance and get a chance to get in on special items, buildings, characters for being "Day one tappers" in the new game then fine. A fresh start might be needed.

Replies

• doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Would be utterly pointless
  • CPTSean541
    118 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If I can keep my town and doughnuts, whatever.

If i have to start over, no thanks.
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    When the idea was brought up, people were mixed and justifiably so. If EA can make it so our towns are able to be uploaded into the new game then people would be fine with it but if they lose everything then there is going to be a big problem and a lot of people will not play the new game.

I want my stuff to transfer over, but I could completely understand if they just don't want to go through the hassle of integrating the old game into the new one. Just as long as we know about it in advance and get a chance to get in on special items, buildings, characters for being "Day one tappers" in the new game then fine. A fresh start might be needed.
    Presumably it would be a new title, so they can make more money.

I'd hate to lose my town, but I'm not going to lie, there is something appealing about being able to play a new, fresh version of the game.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited February 2015
    Not sure how well it would resuscitate sales. If TSTO 2 added 360 degree rotation, had more contracts with the voice actors, had more questlines, and had bigger events and more items like Family Guy, then I can see sales increasing; but, ultimately, the Simpsons town builder game is already played out.

EA is better off starting off with a new franchise like South Park. Of course, now that we know how big of a success these town builder games are the rights for South Park is likely highly coveted and won't come cheap.

P.S. I can see TSTO getting a complete reboot eventually but it'll likely be after this game has been dead for a while (say 3 years) and might not be through EA. Rebooting right now is still too soon.
  • billdoors1533
    303 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I cannot see this happening. But assuming they did they would not they would not run both versions together which means the game we play now would be pulled so they have to decide if they are going to let people port their old town to the new game then they have to decide where they start the new game would everyone be level 1?

What could they bring to a new version which would cost money to launch that they could not bring to an established brand? I just don't see it as financially effective for EA without making it more expensive to be a premium player

• Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Not sure how well it would resuscitate sales. If TSTO 2 added 360 degree rotation, had more contracts with the voice actors, had more questlines, and had bigger events and more items like Family Guy, then I can see sales increasing; but, ultimately, the Simpsons town builder game is already played out.

EA is better off starting off with a new franchise like South Park. Of course, now that we know how big of a success these town builder games are the rights for South Park is likely highly coveted and won't come cheap.
    Sad to say it, but I think you're right. If they go through the trouble of making a new town-building game, it would probably make more sense to go with a new franchise. It's possible that they've already moved on with SimCity BuildIt. :?
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited February 2015
    The thing is like every app it has ups and downs. Its not as good as it used to be but these days what is?
  • LagginPotato64
    211 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Unless my premium items get transferred over, hell no. I spent $300 on this game and that would just be a huge waste of money if it doesn't get transferred over. Plus it wouldn't really be nessesary. Things like 360 degree rotations. new terrain, and adding voices to characters could just be added through updates. We wouldn't need a whole new game for that.

The only reason I could think of them making tapped out 2 is if they added something completely new, like, making it so you can actually go inside buildings and decorate the interior, and maybe some updated graphics (which the game really doesn't need)
  • ShaneD3488
    2 posts
    edited February 2015
    As a freemium player I really like the idea of a new game. Especially if they would implement a couple features I've wanted since I started playing which are the ability to rotate your town and also the ability to zoom all the way out to see your entire town. They could also make some visual improvements, such as more detailed animations and whatnot. I would feel sorry for those who spent money on this game though if saves don't transfer.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I would be fine with a Tapped Out 2.0 so long as it was essentially the same game, re-coded for stability and expansions. Does that make sense? We could keep our towns, but there would be new features and fewer crashes and a lot more space. There are dozens of characters and buildings that could still be released, so why not just rebuild the game to accommodate it all? This would be my wish.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    some of this might be attributed to post Christmas fatigue. It looks like it was just outside the top 10 in Dec.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    I would be fine with a Tapped Out 2.0 so long as it was essentially the same game, re-coded for stability and expansions. Does that make sense? We could keep our towns, but there would be new features and fewer crashes and a lot more space. There are dozens of characters and buildings that could still be released, so why not just rebuild the game to accommodate it all? This would be my wish.

^This. Neuro put it perfectly!
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

^This. Neuro put it perfectly!

What they both said.
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If everything is transferred to the new game then I'm good with that I have 3 years work in the current game
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    A new game? If my whole town, as it sits right now, wasn't to be transferred completely, I'd be pissed as hell. I've spent, at least $400.00 on this game. I'm not rich, and, it's not a drop in the bucket for me, when I buy donuts. I've been playing this game since I got my iPad back in 2012, and have spent countless hours building my Springfield. I'm totally against this, and, as far as I'm concerned, EA wouldn't get another red cent from me, if that would not be the case.
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Are we just assuming that EA has the rights to go off and make an all-new version of TSTO? I have no idea how the agreement between EA and FOX is structured, but I'm guessing that it probably doesn't allow EA to make TSTO sequels at will. I certainly could be wrong though.

Hopefully whatever arrangements exist would encourage EA to fix up the existing game and add more features rather than starting over.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I truly respect your ideas, Mopurglar. And I think Neuroheart's proposal may be ideal. But that would be the only way I would like this change. Since the game is simply saved on the EA servers, and not on any of our actual own devices, I don't see why this could not be completed. It may take some time and effort, but also may be worthwhile. Of the players who quit I wonder what percentage did so because of game problems, like lagging, and not because they were actually bored of the concept? EA could recoup those players.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I won't even read this thread or it's supporting graphs. I love TSTO.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I would hate it. I love my town and I don't want to start all over again.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • joeKrollo
    65 posts
    edited February 2015
    I have over $1000 into this game.... EASY. Been playing since THOH 2012 and just do not want to rebuild. If they transfer over content with new coding to enable the "big changes" then I personally do not mind. But if I had to completely rebuild, then I would do it as a freemium player. Part of the joy that this game offers is the "digital collect-ability" of the content.

We all can see this coming though... the points have been made: resale of premium items and a downward trend. I hope this game goes on for a few more years and can work in-line with how the series airs, offering new content based upon episodes recently aired. With that and some IT tweaks, this game could sustain.

That's just my opinion, and I can be too opinionated... in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.