EA Forums - Banner

What would you like to see if TSTO 2 became a reality?

Replies

• Determined82
    97 posts
    edited February 2015
    Maybe a mini game via noiseland arcade, like find a matching pair of Simpson's family faces or maybe a one arm bandit with 3 in a row to win? Could have one go per day
  • gm0471
    193 posts
    edited February 2015
    Then change the title to what improvements would you like to see in the current game not say tapped out 2
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited February 2015
    gm0471 wrote:
    Then change the title to what improvements would you like to see in the current game not say tapped out 2
    Really, bothers you that much....?

• suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    gm0471 wrote:

The title does not need to be changed as it is in no way misleading. It states "What would you like to see if TSTO 2 became a reality?" - it is just speculation.

As said before, the topic is just for fun, and is not doing any harm. Most people are simply just discussing the subject matter, whether or not they think it's possible and what they would like to see if it did happen.
  • gm0471
    193 posts
    edited February 2015
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    gm0471 wrote:
    Really, bothers you that much....?

Yes it does speculating about a part 2 while all they can do is fix and improve the current game does not make sense
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited February 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    gm0471 wrote:

The title does not need to be changed as it is in no way misleading. It states "What would you like to see if TSTO 2 became a reality?" - it is just speculation.

As said before, the topic is just for fun, and is not doing any harm. Most people are simply just discussing the subject matter, whether or not they think it's possible and what they would like to see if it did happen.
    this forum could do with a "like post" system :lol:
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I did not like the idea when I first thought about it as unless they integrated all
    My previous efforts somehow, I thought I would be dissapointed.
    You are right though! This game has been built on for 3 years. They have been modifying it for that long and there are much better, more efficient ways to program a game now. Most games go through a #2 cycle by now for optimisation alone.
    I actually would love to see it.
  • jarya93
    331 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I would hate this if this happened!! Invested too much in the game to have open another app. I would stop playing
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    jarya93 wrote:
    I would hate this if this happened!! Invested too much in the game to have open another app. I would stop playing

I'm not a huge fan of the idea either - mainly because I've put so much time, effort and money into this Tapped Out. I would like to see them try to find ways to integrate new things into this game and not start a new one :D
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

Think of it this way. Imagine you wrote a 15 page paper when you first started high school on a subject you were very passionate about. Then 8 years later, when you graduated from college you found that paper and realized it can be sooo much better. You'll have 2 choices. You can either go back and start editing that paper and waste a ton of time, or just rewrite straight from your head. Which one do you think will be better? The one that looks like 2 different people wrote it or one that's all polished up and concise?

Umm, Option 3:

Realize I'm not in school anymore and I don't have to keep doing school assignments.
    Lmao! :lol:

Way to go and turn an example into the focal point of the discussion. Clearly the main idea doesn't matter to you, so we'll just leave it at that. Have nice day! :)
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Guys I just want to make on thing clear. When I say a new game, that doesn't mean people start from scratch! :roll:

It just means the game gets a real upgrade NOT just a patch. The towns everyone had would still be there, only difference is it'll be in the new updated version of the game.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Guys I just want to make on thing clear. When I say a new game, that doesn't mean people start from scratch! :roll:

It just means the game gets a real upgrade NOT just a patch. The towns everyone had would still be there, only difference is it'll be in the new updated version of the game.

If this was the case, and we got to keep our stuff and our hard work, then I'd totally be for it! :D
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    • 360° view
    • Night and Day
    • Weather
    • More land
    • More!
    Those were definitely some things I had in mind too! :thumbup:
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

If this was the case, and we got to keep our stuff and our hard work, then I'd totally be for it! :D
    It was my mistake for not clearifying that from the start. I think that's what got some people riled up. I hope this clarified things for everyone. :mrgreen:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    The biggest issue would be transitioning: would we still use the old towns or would we have to build from scratch but have all of our buildings unlocked, all of our old in-game cash, all of our premiums, all of our decorations, and all of our XP?

Because frankly if these can't transfer over or given to use outright as a continuation of the game then what's the point? I understand the coding troubles and this new game would be a big thing built from scratch but without being able to retain what we have obtained(legally!) is a huge issue.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    The biggest issue would be transitioning: would we still use the old towns or would we have to build from scratch but have all of our buildings unlocked, all of our old in-game cash, all of our premiums, all of our decorations, and all of our XP?

Because frankly if these can't transfer over or given to use outright as a continuation of the game then what's the point? I understand the coding troubles and this new game would be a big thing built from scratch but without being able to retain what we have obtained(legally!) is a huge issue.
    We'd still have our old towns. I doubt very much that if they ever did that they'd force people to start from scratch. :P
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

We'd still have our old towns. I doubt very much that if they ever did that they'd force people to start from scratch. :P

It might be possible that there would have to be complete redesign though, hence the unlocking of buildings and decorations right away if you had them in the old game
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

It was my mistake for not clearifying that from the start. I think that's what got some people riled up. I hope this clarified things for everyone. :mrgreen:

It's a shame people would get riled up over a suggestion/speculation in the first place. I think this is a topic that has some good points to discuss, whether people agree with the idea or not. :D
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

It's a shame people would get riled up over a suggestion/speculation in the first place. I think this is a topic that has some good points to discuss, whether people agree with the idea or not. :D

Sue, consider the poster that got riled up, notorious the past week for rants and raves causing fights...and then take whatever was said with a grain of salt. All attention grabbing, nothing really meant to be added to the discussion :roll:
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

It might be possible that there would have to be complete redesign though, hence the unlocking of buildings and decorations right away if you had them in the old game
    I suppose that's true. I mean redisgning a town would be a small price to pay to get a better game :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.