EA Forums - Banner

What would you like to see if TSTO 2 became a reality?

13Next

Replies

• suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    The biggest issue would be transitioning: would we still use the old towns or would we have to build from scratch but have all of our buildings unlocked, all of our old in-game cash, all of our premiums, all of our decorations, and all of our XP?

Because frankly if these can't transfer over or given to use outright as a continuation of the game then what's the point? I understand the coding troubles and this new game would be a big thing built from scratch but without being able to retain what we have obtained(legally!) is a huge issue.
    We'd still have our old towns. I doubt very much that if they ever did that they'd force people to start from scratch. :P

It might be possible that there would have to be complete redesign though, hence the unlocking of buildings and decorations right away if you had them in the old game
    I suppose that's true. I mean redisgning a town would be a small price to pay to get a better game :mrgreen:

I'd be curious how they would implement this with limited time/event items. Possibly put the items in the players storage?

I realize transitioning would not at all be simple, but I think if they could transfer people's current towns as they are now then it would cause less upset with people. This way more people would see it as a positive thing. They lose nothing, including the work they've put into designing their towns (and premium currency accumulated should also be transferred as well - I could see that being a problem if it wasn't).
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    The biggest issue would be transitioning: would we still use the old towns or would we have to build from scratch but have all of our buildings unlocked, all of our old in-game cash, all of our premiums, all of our decorations, and all of our XP?

Because frankly if these can't transfer over or given to use outright as a continuation of the game then what's the point? I understand the coding troubles and this new game would be a big thing built from scratch but without being able to retain what we have obtained(legally!) is a huge issue.
    We'd still have our old towns. I doubt very much that if they ever did that they'd force people to start from scratch. :P

It might be possible that there would have to be complete redesign though, hence the unlocking of buildings and decorations right away if you had them in the old game
    I suppose that's true. I mean redisgning a town would be a small price to pay to get a better game :mrgreen:

I'd be curious how they would implement this with limited time/event items. Possibly put the items in the players storage?

I realize transitioning would not at all be simple, but I think if they could transfer people's current towns as they are now then it would cause less upset with people. This way more people would see it as a positive thing, I think. They lose nothing, including the work they've put into designing their towns (and premium currency accumulated should also be transferred as well - I could see that being a problem if it wasn't).
    They do have records of what every account has so even if things didn't make it over they could always retrieve those items for people. It could be a little bit of a hassle, but if it's done right I'm sure it wouldn't get too crazy.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:

I realize transitioning would not at all be simple, but I think if they could transfer people's current towns as they are now then it would cause less upset with people. This way more people would see it as a positive thing, I think. They lose nothing, including the work they've put into designing their towns (and premium currency accumulated should also be transferred as well - I could see that being a problem if it wasn't).
    They do have records of what every account has so even if things didn't make it over they could always retrieve those items for people. It could be a little bit of a hassle, but if it's done right I'm sure it wouldn't get too crazy.

Right, there is a chance they might not include the limited time items or might have them available as level items, so we could lose items or we could be able to obtain some items we weren't able to obtain before. But the biggest thing is putting the information that we should have x building and y decoration even if we are not up to the level that they are being released to everyone on
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    It would be nice to be able to make actual elevation changes. Especially if they implement the 360 degree views, since that would ruin a lot of the 3D effects people have created.

Also the ability to put things on roads.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.