EA Forums - Banner

I have figured out the Valentines Day update.

2Next

Replies

• annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Igcognita wrote:
    Love this!! Instead of giving us the event, they should give us an ugly V-day card deco. Sorry no event, but we got you this nice card. I think we will probably see the V-day update soon.

As far as the complaining goes, I've been saying this since before last years Easter event. I think all of he complaining has had an effect on the game. Easter by far had the best prizes of all the events last year, IMO, but everything changed after Easter. I would rather have a chance to get some great prizes, and not get them all, than to have a bunch of guaranteed mediocre prizes. People said Whacking day was too hard, and Easter chance element was unfair, **** was too long and didn't have anything to do with the show, etc... Hopefully they will go back some of the older style of play and bring back the great prizes.

I'm curious. What relationship are you saying there is between EA decision to offer great prizes and EA decision to use a chance element or make the event harder to complete? I'm trying to envision a meeting at which they said "Well, the forum is out there whining again. Here's a crackerjack plan: Let's make it easy but give really crappy prizes. That'll teach 'em." And I just am not seeing how they would benefit from that. Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

I thought their goal was to have people happy enough with the game that they really enjoy every moment of playing it, so they will still be buying donuts. If I want to work hard and not have fun, I'll get a job. Every time I'm frustrated with any activity, I can go find something more fun. Sudoku, crosswords, TV, etc. If I do that, EA ain't getting my donut money. ;)

So, again, what was their reasoning for calling that meeting after we complained and concluding that "let's make it easy but give really crappy prizes" was a good business model? :?:
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Igcognita wrote:
    Love this!! Instead of giving us the event, they should give us an ugly V-day card deco. Sorry no event, but we got you this nice card. I think we will probably see the V-day update soon.

As far as the complaining goes, I've been saying this since before last years Easter event. I think all of he complaining has had an effect on the game. Easter by far had the best prizes of all the events last year, IMO, but everything changed after Easter. I would rather have a chance to get some great prizes, and not get them all, than to have a bunch of guaranteed mediocre prizes. People said Whacking day was too hard, and Easter chance element was unfair, **** was too long and didn't have anything to do with the show, etc... Hopefully they will go back some of the older style of play and bring back the great prizes.

I'm curious. What relationship are you saying there is between EA decision to offer great prizes and EA decision to use a chance element or make the event harder to complete? I'm trying to envision a meeting at which they said "Well, the forum is out there whining again. Here's a crackerjack plan: Let's make it easy but give really crappy prizes. That'll teach 'em." And I just am not seeing how they would benefit from that. Maybe I'm missing something obvious?

I thought their goal was to have people happy enough with the game that they really enjoy every moment of playing it, so they will still be buying donuts. If I want to work hard and not have fun, I'll get a job. Every time I'm frustrated with any activity, I can go find something more fun. Sudoku, crosswords, TV, etc. If I do that, EA ain't getting my donut money. ;)

So, again, what was their reasoning for calling that meeting after we complained and concluding that "let's make it easy but give really crappy prizes" was a good business model? :?:

Their job is to make money off of the game, nothing else. They could make it utterly impossible to play and rake in loads of cash or they could make it the easiest game to play and rake in loads of cash- as long as it's making cash, what is put in doesn't really matter.

I am sure the developers and coders weren't happy with everyone the past year, and I am sure the writers were angered at us at times for insulting their work but to be honest I doubt this has a huge impact on the game as people not spending money like they used to or asking for refunds or anything else that affects the bottom line of the company...
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I think it's delayed or cancelled because of all the nagging and complaining from the people who play this game, but don't like it and can't figure they sould stop... (I personally love this game and the events :D ) No matter how cool the event is, so many people whine about how awful it is...
    First they complain it's not there yet, then they complain how they hate it and then why EA haven't removed it yet... I bet EA just got a headace from all that and give people what they want = No update to complain about :wink:

We wish we had that kind of power, if only we did! Think of all of the stuff we could force them to do! Think of all the characters we could have added and those that we could have removed! Think of all the chaos we could inflict on them :twisted: :lol::mrgreen:
  • crsroyal
    108 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Hmmmmm.... Think you might have a point! Perhaps I've been stood up again! :roll:

Do you think the update came, saw us and left? :twisted:
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    crsroyal wrote:
    Hmmmmm.... Think you might have a point! Perhaps I've been stood up again! :roll:

Do you think the update came, saw us and left? :twisted:

:lol::lol:
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Patience it will come I say by Thursday if nothing then it's not making a return
    Plus there's new players that haven't played the vday event that want to experience it so I'm sure they'll release it
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Already I like it more than the 2014 V-Day event!

Heh... I agree! I'm actually enjoying the down time. Bonus points to EA if they use this time to stabilize the game or add a couple usability features.
  • SerenityLove1983
    212 posts
    edited February 2015
    ACE19711 wrote:
    Patience it will come I say by Thursday if nothing then it's not making a return
    Plus there's new players that haven't played the vday event that want to experience it so I'm sure they'll release it

I agree.... I can't see them not doing Valentines, But you never know what will happen... :?
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    VD will be back. Most of The prizes have already been created from past VDs so it's very easy to reintroduce them into the game to make money. My only complaint is, there is never enough new items for old timers that gave been around for the entirety of the games existence unless it's new a new event like **** was this year.
  • Smilee306
    278 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    VD will be back.

It always comes back...

I love the OP's opinion - I think you're on to something! Also love the sad Ralph pic, although it does break my heart. It's why we always had to bring valentines for everyone in class, no one left feeling like that.
  • Auganaut
    198 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I figured as soon as I made this thread, the V-Day update would kick off, but so far it looks like I am right. No Valentines for any of you!!! You're all Ralph in this case!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

mr-burns-the-simpsons-movie-.jpg
  • MCrawford78
    44 posts
    edited February 2015
    No0sJXnl.jpg
  • billdoors1533
    303 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    ACE19711 wrote:
    It's Thursday :lol: I am waiting for the where is the Saint Patrick's day event thread ......
  • Auganaut
    198 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Just to add to the sadness of no Valentines for you day...

ralph-v-day.gif
  • Auganaut
    198 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Well, so much for this thread. Guess you do get a card. Enjoy the V-Day update everyone. :D

OjtAGkN5FMf5ID-zRS5XeqUAuVKylozSmNQBuZV5tC1xYnXZh9_9vGV1NEUKI8CiUMAjg64ObCEFj3iDi1BWos6rSYA=s400
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.