EA Forums - Banner

Noob question on Stonecutters

it may come back or it may not come back, its how they do this game make you wonder and make you want to buy now.

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    You'd be gambling on the chance that they come back, some stuff hasn't made a comeback in a long, long time.

IMHO treat it like they aren't coming back. Obtain the free stuff you can and the limited time stuff you can afford, don't feel pressured to buy stuff just because others have it.

I don't have much stuff from last Valentines Day and didn't play before the end of January 2014 so I missed a lot of stuff yet I only bought what I liked. It's painful to see what you missed but then again you have the chance of getting a lot more stuff.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I'd imagine there's a chance they'd release another stonecutter event. I mean they didn't really give all the stonecutter items the first time around.

For those that didn't play the event last year. Did the lodge and number 1 cost donuts or was it 'free'?
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • LPNintendoITA
    11455 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    I'd imagine there's a chance they'd release another stonecutter event. I mean they didn't really give all the stonecutter items the first time around.

For those that didn't play the event last year. Did the lodge and number 1 cost donuts or was it 'free'?
    it costs 140 donuts now
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

it costs 140 donuts now
    Thanks LP! :mrgreen:

Maybe I was wrong about us getting a second stonecutters event.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited February 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

it costs 140 donuts now
    Thanks LP! :mrgreen:

Maybe I was wrong about us getting a second stonecutters event.

It really is hard to tell. I mean, they have not done another Whacking Day event, yet, but that does not mean they will not in the future.

But I was honestly surprised they decided to release the Stonecutter items again in this format. It seems like they are doing more of these yard sale type of events now. Ever since the 2nd summer yard sale, after the Stonecutter Event first happened, they have done more of these types of sales of previously released items. However, the Stonecutter event was very unique, and it was honestly the best event I have personally participated in on this game. I hope they can do some clever variation of this. I would like to see them use more classic episodes as the event guideline.
  • LordBlackCat
    73 posts
    edited February 2015
    I would definitely pick up the items you really want - I wouldn't expect these back anytime soon. (Honestly I'm a little surprised we have these now!)
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks everyone, even though it pretty much confirmed my fears. :?

Unfortunately, picking up what I want now isn't really an option since I'm sitting here with 51 donuts. With just money all I could get is the daycare center, hieroglyph walls, and the two skins they gave way for free (and I can't use Brockman now since he hasn't shown up yet).

And the price of donuts in this game is ridiculous. Because I like the Stonecutters so much, far more than any other event I've seen, I might be willing to spend $10 or so for the lot, but that much doesn't even give you enough for the lodge without all the other stuff. No way I'm going to spend enough money to buy an entire Playstation game with packaging for some pixels on an iPad. Meanwhile, if I happened to start 6 months ago this wouldn't even be an issue. *grumble grumble*
  • jemm09285
    66 posts
    edited February 2015
    moarku wrote:
    Thanks everyone, even though it pretty much confirmed my fears. :?

Unfortunately, picking up what I want now isn't really an option since I'm sitting here with 51 donuts. With just money all I could get is the daycare center, hieroglyph walls, and the two skins they gave way for free (and I can't use Brockman now since he hasn't shown up yet).

And the price of donuts in this game is ridiculous. Because I like the Stonecutters so much, far more than any other event I've seen, I might be willing to spend $10 or so for the lot, but that much doesn't even give you enough for the lodge without all the other stuff. No way I'm going to spend enough money to buy an entire Playstation game with packaging for some pixels on an iPad. Meanwhile, if I happened to start 6 months ago this wouldn't even be an issue. *grumble grumble*

Just buy 20usd donut package for now and get that lodge building character combo. And u will still have 160 donuts left plus yours 51 for anything that u could want to buy. Also add me ingame i am always interested to see how u progress
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

It was either free or it cost very little cash. You needed to build it to start the event. Number 1 just showed up in your town to boss you around though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    jemm09285 wrote:
    Just buy 20usd donut package for now and get that lodge building character combo. And u will still have 160 donuts left plus yours 51 for anything that u could want to buy.

This is actually very tempting right now, which is not something I would have imagined a day ago! :D

Are the skins actually included though? I had seen elsewhere that they were 50 donuts each, which definitely isn't worth it. So assuming I drop the $20, I'd obviously get the lodge, and then probably have to choose between the all seeing eye and the table (unless that table/donut trick works, which I won't know until buying the table). Decisions, decisions...
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    The only skin included with the Lodge is Homer's. And of course you get Number 1 as well, and you can use Skinner and Brockmen there now too, whereas their skins are practically useless if you don't have the Lodge.

I wouldn't recommend buying the All Seeing Eye or the Table, unless you simply like the look of them. The Eye does nothing except give you cash every 8 hours, and all the Stonecutters except Homer have different 12 hour tasks at the Lodge even if you don't have the table. It's more useful to just buy the Lodge and as many skins as you can.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Welp, I caved in and got the lodge and pyramid. I just love all the Free Mason/Illuminati stuff the episode itself parodies too much. I know it doesn't give you that much (stuff like that really should give a payout plus bonus % IMO), but there are so few things I've seen that I know would bother me if I could never get.

Jemm09285 – I just sent a friend invite. Be warned that I do have a big ugly brown house farm, but it will slowly go away as my revenue sources improve elsewhere. At least you're almost guaranteed to always have something to click on!

Thanks again, everyone.
  • chajuishuh
    228 posts
    edited February 2015
    I remember my first truckload.

It's funny to watch the transition from being like, "this is ridiculous, I'll never pay these prices for donuts!" when you first start playing to finally giving in and getting a taste of those sweet little pink circles. Buy a truckload.. then another... then you compare the prices between packages and it's like, "you get so many more donuts for your buck I'd be crazy not to get the boatload!"

Ah, addiction.
  • jemm09285
    66 posts
    edited February 2015
    moarku wrote:
    Welp, I caved in and got the lodge and pyramid. I just love all the Free Mason/Illuminati stuff the episode itself parodies too much. I know it doesn't give you that much (stuff like that really should give a payout plus bonus % IMO), but there are so few things I've seen that I know would bother me if I could never get.

Jemm09285 – I just sent a friend invite. Be warned that I do have a big ugly brown house farm, but it will slowly go away as my revenue sources improve elsewhere. At least you're almost guaranteed to always have something to click on!

Thanks again, everyone.

Thanks for request. Enjoy lodge and pyramid :) my town isnt ready yet. And will take long time before i finish it. But at least i am into a nice start. Going slow and steady. You should have like 100 donuts or so left or did u bought something else? :)
  • bkopp1
    349 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Just added you a little bit ago. Looks like you have a nice start to your town. I've been playing since the first Halloween event so I kind of envy you a bit. Lots of things to do and lots of building ahead of you.
    Good luck neighbor, be seeing you every day or so.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    jemm09285 wrote:
    You should have like 100 donuts or so left or did u bought something else? :)

Yeah, I've got 113 left. I was planning to use them for the tire fire and then start saving for some of the bigger items, but the way everyone's talking about Brandine is making me think maybe I should splurge on her now. The rest isn't going anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!