EA Forums - Banner

Matt's Hawaii Thread

Prev13
...here I am about to dig out our garbage from the snow for the off chance that we might have trash pickup tomorrow and you post this :shock: :cry: :evil:

Darn you Matt! :evil: :lol::mrgreen:

Replies

• SirLance_Elot
    2148 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    tmfrbd.gif
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    ...here I am about to dig out our garbage from the snow for the off chance that we might have trash pickup tomorrow and you post this :shock: :cry: :evil:

Darn you Matt! :evil: :lol::mrgreen:

Ha! Right there with you, bud. Snow is everywhere here.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    No snow here. No snow, no snow. :P Actually nice here with a pleasant temp. :mrgreen:

But the sunset looks nice and since you missed the green flash you could always watch the video efin posted, you tube has everything. :lol:

Most important question is though, do you still make people disappear on your topics, and could you make them disappear to Hawaii... preferably with enough spending money and a return ticket home? :lol:
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    efin98 wrote:

I thought we weren't suppose to look directly at the sun? and I still didn't see a green flash, all I saw was bright orange!!! :shock: :roll:
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    We have that very same sun here.
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I thought we weren't suppose to look directly at the sun? and I still didn't see a green flash, all I saw was bright orange!!! :shock: :roll:

At somewhere between 1:20 and 1:30 on that video you do see a bit of a greenish color right when the very top of the sun starts to hit the horizon.

• RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I went back and saw it, I was kind of hoping for a flash like Pirates of the Carribean though...but Matt I love your picture, looks beautiful there!! and considering I will have to experience Hawaii in pictures only cause Im terrified of ocean, boats and planes, I will just have to imagine those warm beaches!!! :):lol:
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015

At somewhere between 1:20 and 1:30 on that video you do see a bit of a greenish color right when the very top of the sun starts to hit the horizon.

I saw that too, but didn't know if it had to do with the video quality.

Sakura: if only, right?! I'd make myself disappear!
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I went back and saw it, I was kind of hoping for a flash like Pirates of the Carribean though...but Matt I love your picture, looks beautiful there!! and considering I will have to experience Hawaii in pictures only cause Im terrified of ocean, boats and planes, I will just have to imagine those warm beaches!!! :):lol:

That's a lot to be scared of but then my grandma had a phobia for just about everything. Though are you afraid of the ocean or large bodies of water in general?

• maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited February 2015

I was thinking Pirates of the Carribean also! Love me some Captain Jack Sparrow.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    tumblr_m1l8zfEEZ11rreczzo1_500.gif
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    Aloha! I promised Yukon and Velina I would share some pictures from my trip to Hawaii. Here is the only one I have on my laptop. I'll make sure to add more when I find the discs they're on. :oops:

Anyways, Hawaiian sunset:

_000000000001_zpslvdp63ps.jpg

Supposedly you can see a green "flash" of light just as the sun falls under the horizon. However, I was never able to see it.

If you ever get a chance to go, I would definitely recommend it. Well worth the money!

Really nice Matt..
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    Aloha! I promised Yukon and Velina I would share some pictures from my trip to Hawaii. Here is the only one I have on my laptop. I'll make sure to add more when I find the discs they're on. :oops:

Supposedly you can see a green "flash" of light just as the sun falls under the horizon. However, I was never able to see it.

If you ever get a chance to go, I would definitely recommend it. Well worth the money!

Really nice Matt..

Hi, Yukon!

Thank you. :mrgreen:
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Sunsets are really incredible there. I'd like to go back there one day..
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:

Aww lovely! Sunsets where I live are beautiful but set behind hills. It rises at the ocean.
    Ocean sunsets are beautiful. The area looks beautiful. The lighthouse :)
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Thank you Velina and Taz! :mrgreen:
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited February 2015

That's a lot to be scared of but then my grandma had a phobia for just about everything. Though are you afraid of the ocean or large bodies of water in general?

all large bodies of water that I can not see the bottom of... and pools lol jk kinda
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015

all large bodies of water that I can not see the bottom of... and pools lol jk kinda

Not swimming?

Maybe... close your eyes and swim? Just watch out for boats! :shock: :lol:
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    eh actually with the severe damage I have done to my ears when I was a kid I cant really go swimming...in fact im suppose to go have some tests done to see if I really am going deaf in my left ear...so no swimming for me... :roll: :cry:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!