EA Forums - Banner

Springfield Sign vs. Duff Brewery or Volcano Lair

I have the same predicament!!!

Replies

• XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I'd go for the sign, though Duff brewery and the Lair will give you more cash/XP with the extra characters. To me, the sign is so iconic that the town isn't Springfield without it.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    - Springfield Sign is cool, gives a bonus (4%), is big, does not generate money;

- Duff Brewery gives you Duffman (most of his tasks are the same, just at other buildings), The Duffman has a voice (cool), brewery generates cash

- Volcano Lair gives you Hank Scorpio (he has cool jobs but he does not speak). The Lair is also cool and generates money.

There you have it. Difficult choice if you are going for only one off them.
  • alavrenyuk
    15 posts
    edited December 2012
    I had 220ish doughnuts and I just bought a Springfield sign. I thought about it for a long time (well 2 days). And I thought that the sign is so huge and will really be a beaty spot for the town. I don't like scorpio layer at all, I mean do you really see such crap in middle of the city? :) Duff Brewery was on my mind, but decided for the sign and happy about it, now will have to rearrange the town sometime later to put it at the most northern point of the city :wink:

And I have to boast about this. Then I bought Hommer Buddha and got 60 doughnuts. So after 5 mins thinking I am buying homer again and get a bench, then again and 10 white fences, and a third time.... 150 doughnuts!! So I stopped, not sure if I should get Buddha again %)
  • kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'd get the sign. Out of the 3, that's the first I bought. And still to this day it's my fave.
    It really makes Springfield feel real, that's my opinion anyway :-)

Which ever you decide to buy, you will love. All 3 are great credits to your town :mrgreen:
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited December 2012
    Springfield sign is a must Id say. Your town will look so good with it :)
  • pompommini
    77 posts
    edited December 2012
    The sign does look cool... but are you sure you don't want Duffman partying around your town?
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited December 2012
    I defo go with the Springfield sign :) just looks right being in Springfield :D nice bonus with it too :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    No no no no. Get the Volcano Lair. Hank Scorpio will Fun Run through your town. His tasks are awesome and the lair itself has great animation. Plus you can decorate it for Xmas and it looks terrific. Volcano Lair was the first big premium I got and no regrets.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited December 2012
    No no no no. Get the Volcano Lair. Hank Scorpio will Fun Run through your town. His tasks are awesome and the lair itself has great animation. Plus you can decorate it for Xmas and it looks terrific. Volcano Lair was the first big premium I got and no regrets.

Fair point :) lol
  • gajn85
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    One other benefit to consider is that once you have the lair, and it is decorated for Xmas it will continue generating Xmas coins.
    Whereas the brewery or sign does not, all depends if its looks your after, with the sign, or quicker game progression, the lair and coins will help towards seasonal content.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited December 2012
    Easy answer.......Get all of them lol
  • thejazzdiva
    220 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Save for All of the above... the Springfield sign was the last one I added... I saved and splurged....
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited December 2012
    Save for All of the above... the Springfield sign was the last one I added... I saved and splurged....

Always nice to have a good splurge every now n then lol
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited December 2012
    Volcano Lair! You get cool building that looks great when animating, and you get an extra character with a couple of cool outside tasks - Test the Flame thrower - 8 hours' is a favourite.

Duff Bewery gives Duff Man, with minimal or no building animation. Outside tasks involve promoting duff - running around on a Segway, but the rest just see Duff Man dancing outside various buildings. Pretty boring.

Springfield Sign just sits there looking nice (real nice). Give you a bonus, but you can't collect money from it and there's no additional character. Save it for last and it'll put a nice finishing touch to your Springfield.
  • GKpiggy
    148 posts
    edited December 2012
    I got the sign, it's just sooooo cool. Now trying to talk myself into more donuts before the special ends to get the others :)
  • judasboogie
    40 posts
    edited December 2012
    lotta love for the sign. i don't like it at all but hey, each to their own. think i'd go with the lair over the brewery. prefer scorpio to duffman and i reckon i could craft a decent spot for the lair somewhere in a corner obscured by trees and water. i've spent enough on donuts lately though so i'll wait a while before purchasing.
  • wolfcastle76
    27 posts
    edited December 2012
    My fav. would be the Volcano Lair, because it looks awesone and Hank is cool. Duff Brewery looks kind of boring. And the sign, well, it does nothing really, the bonus probably isn't worth it (there are many, many ways to generate enoug money). OTOH there are rumors that there will be a promo sale on Volcano + Springfield Sign. So I'd wait a couple of days to get it.
    BTW, I am facing he same descision, got some donuts from Gil's sale and trying to decide on what to spend them...
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    My fav. would be the Volcano Lair, because it looks awesone and Hank is cool. Duff Brewery looks kind of boring. And the sign, well, it does nothing really, the bonus probably isn't worth it (there are many, many ways to generate enoug money). OTOH there are rumors that there will be a promo sale on Volcano + Springfield Sign. So I'd wait a couple of days to get it.
    BTW, I am facing he same descision, got some donuts from Gil's sale and trying to decide on what to spend them...

I sure hope they don't discount the Volcano Lair got it today, if it does happen a nice complaint will be off to EA and hopefully a nice load of doughnuts for their apology lol ^_^
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I went with the sign first, as it takes up a lot of space that I'd rather accommodate for sooner than later.

They may be completely false, but there are rumors of a possible sale for the lair, as well as the sign, in the near future.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!