EA Forums - Banner

Local customs and traditions

Prev134
efin98
5856 posts Member
Here in Finland we have a tradition of drinking vodka and riding bears while feeding our polar bears and then we go skiing.

Replies

• eltoncc
    550 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I put on my wooden shoes every morning to pick tulips. In the afternoon I work at the local wind mill. Evenings are reserved for drinking Heineken and smoking a joint.
  • eliansukke180
    18107 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    eltoncc wrote:
    I put on my wooden shoes every morning to pick tulips. In the afternoon I work at the local wind mill. Evenings are reserved for drinking Heineken and smoking a joint.

We must be neighbours.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    :lol: you guys!
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I gave A local custom that is Limited to my money silo. Watching Through the Window seeing how lazy people are and then go for a swim in my money in the vault.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    In Chicago we have mastered the art of corruption.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    eltoncc wrote:

We must be neighbours.

So many stereotypes proven :mrgreen: :lol:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    In Chicago we have mastered the art of corruption.

Just not to the point of having your city wiped off the map- TWICE! :shock: :mrgreen:

No, really. My hometown had this threatened twice and 20 years ago after state receivership ended if the city resorted to the old ways we would have been removed as a separate city :shock: :oops:
  • eltoncc
    550 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I live in the south of the country, where we have carneval next week. Days and days of dressing up and partying. Till Ash Wednesday, when we turn back to normal people.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    eltoncc wrote:

We must be neighbours.
    *packing an emergency travel bag to move to elian & elton's neighborhood*

I'm not too fussed about the traditions of the place I currently live, but growing up we had lots of traditions that centered around making fun of people from Massachussetts. :mrgreen: :wink: :lol:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    eltoncc wrote:

We must be neighbours.

I'm not too fussed about the traditions of the place I currently live, but growing up we had lots of traditions that centered around making fun of people from Massachussetts. :mrgreen: :wink: :lol:

Western Mass folks or we city folks? :mrgreen:
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:
    eltoncc wrote:

We must be neighbours.

Oh you city folk. (I'm from VT). We even had a special name for you that almost certainly won't clear the forum filter. :mrgreen:
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    eltoncc wrote:

We must be neighbours.

Oh, I'm glad you don't go biking, cause then you'd be such a stereotypical Dutch :roll:
  • eliansukke180
    18107 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    urlaub694 wrote:
    eltoncc wrote:

We must be neighbours.

Oh, I'm glad you don't go biking, cause then you'd be such a stereotypical Dutch :roll:

How do you think we get to the windmill?
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:
    eltoncc wrote:

We must be neighbours.

Oh you city folk. (I'm from VT). We even had a special name for you that almost certainly won't clear the forum filter. :mrgreen:

I know exactly what it is :wink: I expected that from a Maine or New Hampshire people but Vermonters are usually nicer than that :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    urlaub694 wrote:
    eltoncc wrote:

We must be neighbours.

Is that before or after you stick your fingers in the dikes? :shock: :mrgreen:
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    This is a tradition i do every day when i wake up.

scrooge-mcduck.jpg
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:

scrooge-mcduck.jpg

I don't believe it!

• urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    urlaub694 wrote:
    eltoncc wrote:

We must be neighbours.

Yeah, and is your night job as a prostitute? Atleast ya'll ain't blondes :roll:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    urlaub694 wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    urlaub694 wrote:
    eltoncc wrote:

We must be neighbours.

Yeah, and is your night job as a prostitute? Atleast ya'll ain't blondes :roll:

At least your accents aren't joked about...
  • eliansukke180
    18107 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

scrooge-mcduck.jpg

I don't believe it!

:lol: :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!