• jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:
    mattruns84 wrote:
    As if the lack of job development didn't tip you off already. :lol:
    Well, that applies to most of the state. :roll: But if you're in the worst of it, and currently experiencing a storm, then I bet a famous Broadway musical also spreads false information about your place of residence... :wink::lol:

Tried searching online for what you were talking about, but no luck. :lol:

All I can come up with is Chicago... Definitely don't live there.

My area does lay claim to one of the best, in my opinion at least, sports movies of all time. :lol:

Should be obvious now. :P
    Ah. Gotcha. I was thinking Gary at first... :P
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch Rudy. :lol:

Aw, shucks. Here I was about to go watch Hoosiers, which immediately came to mind today. Especially since the final game in that movie is played in Hinkle Fieldhouse (Butler University) and Butler is my favorite college basketball team ever. And later today, they play against my husband's Alma Mater. (Villanovan. ptui). So Butler is on my mind today, and Hoosiers is an awesome movie. So how's that for convoluted reasoning?
    Well, I actually think Bloomington has better sports movies, but it's the most financially stable part of the state. So I ruled it out. :P
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    tommy1724 wrote:
    One of Toronto's favourite traditions is building unnecessary subways thanks to nincompoops that we elect mayor. We're about to start work on our second!

Los Angeles. Located on San Andreas fault. Major Earthquakes. Tar Pits along subway route. Tar pits emit methane. Subway approved.

(What could possibly go wrong?) :roll:
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • SakuraNeko08
    3531 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Let's see, here it's a custom to run stop signs. I've had so many friends and family members here tell me that they don't pay attention to stop signs and that they're just there for decoration. :roll: Could explain for one of them why she's been in so many bad accidents.

Where I lived in Virginia it was normal not to yield to emergency vehicles. I remember being at a stoplight one day and right across the intersection from me an ambulance pulls up with it's lights flashing and siren going. Cross traffic didn't stop at all because they had the green light. :? Once our lights finally turned green I had to wave the ambulance driver through, he was making a left and I was going straight (the light had no turn signals). It was also tradition to speed up in school zones, those signs were just an indication to drivers that they could create different size speed bumps during certain times of the day. When I was in high school there was some driver passing by the junior high right next door. He saw kids crossing the street and sped up. He missed the kids but only because the crossing guard sacrificed her life for them. :cry: Very brave woman, unfortunately it never changed people speeding up in school zones.
    There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way. Thich Nhat Hanh

• barrymcerlea
    2096 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Potatoes. Potatoes everywhere. Boiled, mashed, fried, roasted, jacket, with salad, roast dinner, soup, pasta, burgers. Everywhere. If there was another potato Famine we'd all die.
    Also: contrary to popular belief, we don't get off our * on green beer (which you cannot find anywhere) and dress in green on March 17th. Instead most of the country goes to Church and spends the day with our families.
    edit: if a hurling/Gaelic ball lands in your garden, it is automatically and undeniably yours :lol:
    Escaped cows in your back garden eating all of the shrubs is also a regular occurrence :D
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    tommy1724 wrote:
    One of Toronto's favourite traditions is building unnecessary subways thanks to nincompoops that we elect mayor. We're about to start work on our second!

Los Angeles. Located on San Andreas fault. Major Earthquakes. Tar Pits along subway route. Tar pits emit methane. Subway approved.

(What could possibly go wrong?) :roll:

Trust me, you get used to the methane smell...118 years old and ours still can't shake the smell of long rotted clams, fish, and vegetation :roll:
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    we have the tradition of tossing whole salmon around.

fish-market-o.gif

we also have the tradition of sledding down streets of giant hills on snow days and carrying bumbershoots around in the summer.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    ax0n01 wrote:

fish-market-o.gif

we also have the tradition of sledding down streets of giant hills on snow days and carrying bumbershoots around in the summer.

I wanna live wherever you live just so I can say bumbershoot. :lol:
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    ax0n01 wrote:

fish-market-o.gif

I go the the market every time I'm in Seattle. Love that place
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!