EA Forums - Banner

How do you move through your neighbor's Springfield?

Prev13
I tend to go in a generally north east direction from the arrival point most times, then go towards the coast from there, but I often explore the whole of your Springfield if you have made any kind of effort to design it.

Replies

• simpsons7795
    817 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I just remember where neighbors place their higher payout buildings so once I land in their town I will head off in the direction of where they placed their higher payout items and tap on them. Usually they are available (if not then I have to do a bit of searching). This method works until they redesign of course then it takes me a bit to remember the new position.
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Never really thought about this before. I guess I usually head North of the landing area first. If there's a building I specifically want people to tap on during an event I just move it to my landing area. Otherwise I don't really care what gets tapped.
  • 4junk3000
    5315 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If I don't see three buildings to tap in the LZ, I pull down on the screen which moves UP in your town. By your reference that would be north east. (I call it due north)
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    "whichever way the wind blows" :lol::mrgreen:

But seriously, there is no rhyme or reason to where I go, I just go around in any direction following the buildings to find something to tap.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I usually head North.
    For this reason and noticing that more buildings are tapped in that area, my housing that is left untapped is located to the North.

I have wondered about posting a similar thread before, especially before I Nuke. Thanks for this Snark!
  • BulziRob
    60 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Northeast from the landing zone, then west to Squidport, then (if needed) South, then finally to the East.
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    You mention that you want to position your housefarm in a place people see infrequently. Maybe the best question to ask of people is where in their town they get the fewest taps.

I don't need money so I only clear handshakes. There is one region that almost never gets a handshake. In my town, it is along the "southern" border. (Opposite side from the mountains). The two ends of that (southern) border get tapped, but most times the center 75% of that border is untapped.

Does anyone else have that pattern?
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    You mention that you want to position your housefarm in a place people see infrequently. Maybe the best question to ask of people is where in their town they get the fewest taps.

I don't need money so I only clear handshakes. There is one region that almost never gets a handshake. In my town, it is along the "southern" border. (Opposite side from the mountains). The two ends of that (southern) border get tapped, but most times the center 75% of that border is untapped.

The top and right side of my town never gets tapped...the only ones who tap on those two areas are the ones who go for 24-hour buildings and specialty buildings so everything else along those borders don't get tapped.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2015

Yes :lol: Some of my favourite parts of my town are there too. Another reason I need to redesign.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I just sort of move around the landing zone. When I find an item to tap, I just keep moving in that direction to find more.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If youre planning to Nuke I'd move that house farm to the inventory and challenge yourself (design wise) to find away to not have it.
  • brogames111
    739 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Great thread! I've wondered about other people's methods, and am always looking for the most efficient option! (I return later to check out the towns). If there is nothing in the LZ, I move to the NE, then continue along the outer edge, counter clockwise. Usually find pockets along the edges.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If I don't see 3 buildings to tap right away, I zoom out. If I see even one to tap, I typically move in that direction to see if there are others. Otherwise, I usually just sort of spiral out until I find something.
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm a vandal at heart, so I look for the spray paint. If you have the same neighbours long enough you know where to find them. A lot of my neighbours have pretty awesom towns, so I don't mind scrolling around a bit.
  • janis810
    196 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Great thread! I have noticed that my houses in the southwest are never tapped, so accordingly, when I land in a neighbors' town that seems to be "all tapped out," I move southwest and usually find there the last three remaining untapped buildings. Therefore, from my observations, most people land and move northeast. Thanks for posting this!
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    janis810 wrote:
    Great thread! I have noticed that my houses in the southwest are never tapped, so accordingly, when I land in a neighbors' town that seems to be "all tapped out," I move southwest and usually find there the last three remaining untapped buildings. Therefore, from my observations, most people land and move northeast. Thanks for posting this!

Good strategy! I think I'll try immediately swiping over to that section of towns for a whole round or two of visits. Maybe it's a common untouched area. Especially during events, that may come in handy. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • RareSteak-N-Ale
    44 posts
    edited February 2015
    If it's a work day and I'm in a hurry to get my visits as I eat breakfast then I tap the first three things I see. I've completed all visits in less than 20 minutes this way. However, if I have time I find and tap Singing Sirloin and Tom O'Flanagan's Pub (O'Flanagan's has always been my favorite building-I love Irish pubs)...plus "RareSteak-N-Ale" are my two favorite things....
  • sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I typically mosey around most of my neighbor's towns, checking out designs and searching for graffiti or long timer-ed buildings (and Squidport. Nobody checks there!). I also like to tap nice designs as a sort of a nod and a "well done," though I have been known to seek out the Simpsons House tap on neighbors who haven't the need for cash and get the joke. I still chuckle when anyone returns the favor.

Prior to a redesign, my town was basically divided into four equal segments (including the sea-land). I found 80% (approximation) of neighborino visits within the red arrows:
    DWoWqiO.jpg?2
    The LZ was pretty sparse and my guess is that majority of people are right handed and scroll left because their mitt, by default, is covering the lower right hand portion of the screen - easier to go towards the mountain . . . . Just a personal assumption.

Anyhoo, following the redesign, my current LZ is loaded with shops and short timing taps. Seen here:
    5nj7YJ0.jpg?2
    Though this image is missing some buildings (capped from spAnser's awesome site, newest content not yet integrated), I usually don't see much in the way of visits anywhere on the side opposite of the mountains [right, lower right? south? east? southeast? :wink: ]. Mostly around the LZ with some scattering taps about.

Simpler for right-handed tappers to favor the mountain side of the map?

So in response to the OP, if you're looking for somewhere to "hide" a farm, I'd suggest the area where my current residential zone is and show off your "cool stuff" near the landing zone or mountainside.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm a wanderer when I visit, and I have a number of wanderers as neighbors.

However, most tap just below my landing zone. Some tap just to the left. One or two usually go just above my landing zone. No one--and I mean no one--taps just to the right every time. I have no idea what that means.

(BTW, just updated on spAnser's site, and though it doesn't include many buildings, it is one of the great tools we have available.)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Fast, first 3 items I see, I tab :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!