EA Forums - Banner

A President For President's Day?

Prev1
Bush and Homer brawling in the street!

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Probable the could have him and Lincoln return...but for a new president we won't get one until the 4th of July mini-event.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to see Theodore Roosevelt only because he is one of great presidents. He was even in the Simpsons so it's not that big of a stretch :D

roosevelts.jpg?itok=UOhSyurR
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Can't see Bush ever allowing his likeness to the game.
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    doh1886 wrote:

As a public official, it may be possible to use his likeness without his approval. (A whole slew of presidential likenesses have been on TV including SNL and of course Bush and Clinton in the Simpsons)

Although I would not expect Bush Sr. in the game. Morel likely a release of past presidents, but would have expected the release by now if they were going to do anything.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Well, President's Day falls approximately between the birthdays of Lincoln and Washington (the holiday started off as Washington's Birthday, and was shifted some fifty years ago.) I'm not sure it would be entirely fitting to extend the characters beyond those two.
    ...Not that I would raise a stink if they did, just don't think it's fitting.
  • annettemarc
    7690 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Well, President's Day falls approximately between the birthdays of Lincoln and Washington (the holiday started off as Washington's Birthday, and was shifted some fifty years ago.) I'm not sure it would be entirely fitting to extend the characters beyond those two.
    ...Not that I would raise a stink if they did, just don't think it's fitting.

In California, there used to be two separate state holidays -- Lincoln's Birthday (February 12) (my dad's bday, BTW) and Washington's Birthday (February 22) (my mom's bday, BTW). (As if that's not cute enough, they were married on June 14(Flag Day)
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    doh1886 wrote:

Copyright/trademark etc laws have allowances for use of public figures (including politicians) for purposes of satire/parody. It's how Bush Sr. and other Presidents have appeared on Simpsons in the first place (as well as other comedy programs like the various political and media figures that are parodied on Saturday Night Live) without that individual's approval. So it's certainly possible.
  • annettemarc
    7690 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    DIrishB wrote:
    doh1886 wrote:

Copyright/trademark etc laws have allowances for use of public figures (including politicians) for purposes of satire/parody. It's how Bush Sr. and other Presidents have appeared on Simpsons in the first place (as well as other comedy programs like the various political and media figures that are parodied on Saturday Night Live) without that individual's approval. So it's certainly possible.

• TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited February 2015
    George H W Bush with Barbara and the big mansion would be welcome addition to my SF
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6110 posts Moderator
    edited February 2015
    George H.W. Bush with Bush House

george-bush-on-simpsons.jpg
    Bush-Ford_House.PNG

Lincoln Squirrel

788581d1365445106-will-real-poodle-please-stand-up-simpsonsabesquirrel.jpg
  • suetopia
    4218 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    George H.W. Bush with Bush House

george-bush-on-simpsons.jpg
    Bush-Ford_House.PNG

Lincoln Squirrel

788581d1365445106-will-real-poodle-please-stand-up-simpsonsabesquirrel.jpg

I love the idea of the Lincoln Squirrel! I had forgotten about that! That would be hilarious! :D
  • jukan00
    2308 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If they gave us Bush Sr. it would be pretty great if the quest ended with another character for free- Gerald Ford.
    Including tasks such as:

Drink Beer
    Eat Nachos
    Watch Football
    Trip
  • Snakeyees
    2314 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I want LBJ but his 12 hr quest must be him walking around do his trade mark look and saying if he could be voiced.

I'm not a crook

Nixon-not-a-crook.jpg
  • stingray1122
    8697 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    George H.W. Bush, Nixon and Teddy Roosevelt would be great
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6110 posts Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Snakeyees wrote:
    I want LBJ but his 12 hr quest must be him walking around do his trade mark look and saying if he could be voiced.

I'm not a crook

Nixon-not-a-crook.jpg

Don't you mean Richard Nixon?
  • Snakeyees
    2314 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Snakeyees wrote:

I'm not a crook

Nixon-not-a-crook.jpg

Don't you mean Richard Nixon?

yes Nixon oops...
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Snakeyees wrote:

I'm not a crook

Nixon-not-a-crook.jpg

You mean Nixon?

Edit: moderator Ninja'd. :lol:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Bush is still alive and they might be reluctant to have a living political figure in the game. Fair use or not, it's still a hot potato.

Gerald Ford on the other hand is deceased...he'd make a good candidate to have in the game.

char_86599.jpg
  • 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Why do you want him (or Nixon) if you don't know who he is?
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited February 2015
    Well Presents day is Monday so lets hope we get the new superhero event and not ANOTHER small update for that... I don't think I can take anymore small updates...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!