EA Forums - Banner

Every update?

I haven't had any issues. Or rather, to the magnitude you've had. Do you have another device? Does it happen on that one too?

I know that if I collect handshakes and money too quickly, it can crash. Just have to go a little slower... Nothing too noticeable.

Replies

• Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited February 2015
    hmm no idea you got a Cadillac phone so got no idea why it would be doing that to you.
  • CPTSean541
    118 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    No I don't have another device. I think I might need to delete and reinstall it. I have an invisible character in my inventory whom I can't place or sell or anything. Something might have gotten jacked up somehow. I'll delete and reinstall real quick.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    CPTSean541 wrote:
    I play o the latest update on iOS on an iPhone 6+.

With every update it takes a couple days to be able to play without constant crashing.

Basically, I can only collect 3-5 handshakes at a time and have to collect jobs slowly too or else it crashes.

Is anyone else having this problem? It's been every update since I got the phone, so Christmas on.

You may have already tried this but in case you haven't (and I see I completely missed the post before mine on the thread where you said you are going to do this... Time for me to get an eye exam, I guess! But I'll leave it here just in case):
    -log out of your Origin account
    -uninstall game
    -reinstall game
    -log back in

It sounds simple, but my game has been crashing a lot too and I did this. It seems to have cleared up the issue. The issue might be caused by corrupted files or files that downloaded incorrectly, and a complete uninstall and reinstall often corrects it (if that is what is going on). You will not lose anything in your town as it is all saved on EA's servers and not your device.

If that fails, check to see if it is your internet connection - turn off the connection and play with wifi. (You might want to try to do this first, actually, then the uninstall).

Let us know if it resolves - if not someone may come a long with another possible solution :D

Good Luck!

EDIT: OP already said they were going to try uninstall and I missed it.
  • CPTSean541
    118 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahah. It's all good man.

So...it didn't work. Sign out first? Okay. Standby.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    LOL
    Happy tapping
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    CPTSean541 wrote:
    Hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahah. It's all good man.

So...it didn't work. Sign out first? Okay. Standby.

:D thanks for going easy on me! :P

if you already did the uninstall/reinstall, check your storage menu again for that frozen/unusable/invisible character. If it is still there then it may be something on EA's end. I would recommend contacting EA Help to see if they can resolve the issue. I would also recommend the call back option if it is available where you are. Make sure you leave a call back number other than the device you play on (use your land line if you have one) because they may ask you to log in and out of your game and such.
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I play on iPhone 6 with the most recent iOS update and don't have any problems.... Sorry that doesn't help but at least you know it's not the device. :lol:
  • kellinadyer
    63 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    It's happened to me a few times on my ipad 2. I just close the app (double tap home and swipe up) and then power down my ipad for 5 minutes. Works like a charm without all the reinstall nonsense.

• velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    It probably would not hurt to clear cache and restart the device before you reinstall.
    ;)
  • roxypup
    313 posts
    edited February 2015
    Same. My game does fine on my iPad though, so I mostly play with that. Super annoying.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    It's happened to me a few times on my ipad 2. I just close the app (double tap home and swipe up) and then power down my ipad for 5 minutes. Works like a charm without all the reinstall nonsense.

You may want to consider trying the uninstalling and reinstalling option. It may fix the problem all together and takes less than 5 minutes. (This is not meant as a negative comment in any way, just trying to save you some time :D )
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    It probably would not hurt to clear cache and restart the device before you reinstall.
    ;)

That's a good idea, Vel :D
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm on a 6 plus and it's smooth sailing for me.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    CPTSean541 wrote:
    I play o the latest update on iOS on an iPhone 6+.

With every update it takes a couple days to be able to play without constant crashing.

Basically, I can only collect 3-5 handshakes at a time and have to collect jobs slowly too or else it crashes.

Is anyone else having this problem? It's been every update since I got the phone, so Christmas on.

Have you got any invites you haven't accepted or declined? I left my list for ages and it came to the point I couldn't even get in the app. Once I finally could I went straight to the neighbours list to find I had about 350 pending invites. Deleted majority of them as I didnt know who they were and presto. All good again, now I just keep on top of it and never an issue. Maybe the same is happening to you. Just a thought.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.