EA Forums - Banner

SUPERHERO UPDATE 2015

Replies

  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited February 2015

    I visited you Pinpal, but maybe it was before you got to the point of collecting and mine only showed up as handshakes. I couldn't tell who was ready and who wasn't so I visited everyone...

    No problem. I figured I was missing some visits so I rushed the building. I won Sideshow You this morning so I don't feel too guilty about wasting two donuts. BTW, since P follows soon after M, I'm all for your scheme. However...
    suetopia wrote:

    I think starting at the letter 'S' would be best for everyone, particularly if you start at the Sue's.

    I actually started with you, Sue. I was going backwards in the alphabet, and you were the first available. I think I was halfway through tapping in your town when it occurred to me that I could hit buildings so you can see the animations.

    Which brings me to the point of this post: I wonder if people would prefer seeing those animations or getting taps near their landing zones so they can clear them quickly.
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

    I visited you Pinpal, but maybe it was before you got to the point of collecting and mine only showed up as handshakes. I couldn't tell who was ready and who wasn't so I visited everyone...

    No problem. I figured I was missing some visits so I rushed the building. I won Sideshow You this morning so I don't feel too guilty about wasting two donuts. BTW, since P follows soon after M, I'm all for your scheme. However...
    suetopia wrote:

    I think starting at the letter 'S' would be best for everyone, particularly if you start at the Sue's.

    I actually started with you, Sue. I was going backwards in the alphabet, and you were the first available. I think I was halfway through tapping in your town when it occurred to me that I could hit buildings so you can see the animations.

    Which brings me to the point of this post: I wonder if people would prefer seeing those animations or getting taps near their landing zones so they can clear them quickly.

    I'm just happy when neighbors visit! :D
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

    I visited you Pinpal, but maybe it was before you got to the point of collecting and mine only showed up as handshakes. I couldn't tell who was ready and who wasn't so I visited everyone...

    No problem. I figured I was missing some visits so I rushed the building. I won Sideshow You this morning so I don't feel too guilty about wasting two donuts. BTW, since P follows soon after M, I'm all for your scheme. However...
    suetopia wrote:

    I think starting at the letter 'S' would be best for everyone, particularly if you start at the Sue's.

    I actually started with you, Sue. I was going backwards in the alphabet, and you were the first available. I think I was halfway through tapping in your town when it occurred to me that I could hit buildings so you can see the animations.

    Which brings me to the point of this post: I wonder if people would prefer seeing those animations or getting taps near their landing zones so they can clear them quickly.

    Yay! Someone started at Sue! You made my night, neighbour! :D
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Pinpal00 wrote:

    I visited you Pinpal, but maybe it was before you got to the point of collecting and mine only showed up as handshakes. I couldn't tell who was ready and who wasn't so I visited everyone...

    No problem. I figured I was missing some visits so I rushed the building. I won Sideshow You this morning so I don't feel too guilty about wasting two donuts. BTW, since P follows soon after M, I'm all for your scheme. However...
    suetopia wrote:

    I think starting at the letter 'S' would be best for everyone, particularly if you start at the Sue's.

    I actually started with you, Sue. I was going backwards in the alphabet, and you were the first available. I think I was halfway through tapping in your town when it occurred to me that I could hit buildings so you can see the animations.

    Which brings me to the point of this post: I wonder if people would prefer seeing those animations or getting taps near their landing zones so they can clear them quickly.

    I'm just happy when neighbors visit! :D

    Same here! And the visits seem to be beneficial all around (2 different types of taps), so that's good! :D
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    suetopia wrote:
    moarku wrote:
    I ran out of collecting more carbon rods by the time I reached friends beginning with the letter "E".

    You need to start your visits in the middle of the alphabet, at m. :mrgreen:

    :lol: I approve this message!

    :D

    I second this message! :lol:

    See, Barry? Lots of people agree with me. :mrgreen:

    Count me in too! 8)

    (also, I still have about 30 or so open friend slots *hint hint*)

    I think starting at the letter 'S' would be best for everyone, particularly if you start at the Sue's. I know of at least one other Sue on this forum who would agree... (I'm talking about you my neigbour, suemoorhead) :mrgreen:

    The benefit? Free metaphorical good vibes and metaphorical hugs! :P

    Ummm I think we all decided on M :lol:

    +1

    I agree with this method. :wink:
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    moarku wrote:
    I ran out of collecting more carbon rods by the time I reached friends beginning with the letter "E".

    You need to start your visits in the middle of the alphabet, at m. :mrgreen:

    :lol: I approve this message!

    :D

    I second this message! :lol:

    See, Barry? Lots of people agree with me. :mrgreen:

    Count me in too! 8)

    (also, I still have about 30 or so open friend slots *hint hint*)

    I think starting at the letter 'S' would be best for everyone, particularly if you start at the Sue's. I know of at least one other Sue on this forum who would agree... (I'm talking about you my neigbour, suemoorhead) :mrgreen:

    The benefit? Free metaphorical good vibes and metaphorical hugs! :P

    Ummm I think we all decided on M :lol:

    +1

    I agree with this method. :wink:

    I wonder why that is? :lol:
  • jaztee123
    431 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I am loving this update so far. I spent some donuts to speed things up (which I never do for events) to start collecting rods and don't regret it! Really liking the comic style shading and music too.
  • Triumph1071
    25 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Is anyone else having problems tapping on the criminals in their neighbor's towns? When I tap on them, they just stop for a second and then keep moving, and I get no reward. I can tap on them in my own town just fine. Just curious. Maybe I'm just "doing it wrong". :)
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Woohoo! Petroleus Rex is a playable character! Worth every donut I say.
    I hope that Duffman and Scorpio play some part in this event, they haven't seen much action since they showed up.
    Especially since Duffman could be considered a superhero, and Hank is a super villain.

    i gotta buy Petroleus Rex now. i was second guessing myself. i dont care to spend donuts on non playable characters.
  • 24rsava24
    107 posts
    edited February 2015
    I am more than happy that we got an update. As a woman, personally I would have preferred something other than superheroes, but I will take what I can get. I really wish they would give us some new fences, bushes, flowers, trees ect to go along with the new buildings. That would make it more exciting for me. I love updates regardless of what they are and anything is better than ****.
  • wildcat2k
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Is there gonna be superhero items in the store for money and donuts? I just sent Homer to throw pies at springfielders.

    I didn't see anything mentioned about the store anywhere.

    Never mind I found the info.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited February 2015
    24rsava24 wrote:
    I am more than happy that we got an update. As a woman, personally I would have preferred something other than superheroes, but I will take what I can get. I really wish they would give us some new fences, bushes, flowers, trees ect to go along with the new buildings. That would make it more exciting for me. I love updates regardless of what they are and anything is better than ****.

    You say that now but when you see how many buildings we are getting you will change your mind. I was never into super heroes either but I still love this event.
  • roxypup
    313 posts
    edited February 2015
    I didn't know about the update until midnight and now I'll never get to sleep...! Sooooooooo excited!
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I just posted this elsewhere but animated buildings when I tap them in friends towns, Oh yeah!
    BDH's are going to get some love :D
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    24rsava24 wrote:
    I am more than happy that we got an update. As a woman, personally I would have preferred something other than superheroes, but I will take what I can get. I really wish they would give us some new fences, bushes, flowers, trees ect to go along with the new buildings. That would make it more exciting for me. I love updates regardless of what they are and anything is better than ****.

    Please, speak for yourself. I also happen to be a woman and I personally love the superhero theme. Please don't try to generalise an entire demographic.
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Is anyone else having problems tapping on the criminals in their neighbor's towns? When I tap on them, they just stop for a second and then keep moving, and I get no reward. I can tap on them in my own town just fine. Just curious. Maybe I'm just "doing it wrong". :)

    You can tap three criminals and three buildings in each town. After you finished catching three criminals you can still tap them, but they will just stand still for a second and nothing else will happen. If you did friends visits before the update then the taps you did before count as criminal catching. In that case you can only tap buildings in that town.

    Hope that explained everything.
  • PiperWyatt
    165 posts
    edited February 2015
    Is the p-rex an npc or does he have tasks?
  • LPNintendoITA
    11645 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    PiperWyatt wrote:
    Is the p-rex an npc or does he have tasks?
    tasks and questline
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • anna22478
    407 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Is anyone else having problems tapping on the criminals in their neighbor's towns? When I tap on them, they just stop for a second and then keep moving, and I get no reward. I can tap on them in my own town just fine. Just curious. Maybe I'm just "doing it wrong". :)

    When in your neighbours town, in the top left where u get your counter/come back in ..:.. Timer, it will now have 2 tap counters. 1 for telephones & 1 for criminals. I've noticed if I tap on 2 or 3 criminals close together then it taps them both or all 3 in 1 tap & whilst I get all 3 money/bars/fp I only get to tap once. So if ur counter is showing 0/3 then u have tapped all the criminals you can on that visit & any other you tap will just keep walking.

    Edit: addition - if you like to tap 3 times make sure you tap on criminals that are alone, if you like to get through your visits quickly tap on ones close together :)
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I like the theme, the music is a great, and the prizes look amazing.

    I hope they add the rest of the Fossil Fuel Four characters and Clobber girl. I know Xena is out of the question, but it would be nice.

    The Radioactive Man animation was pretty cool, I hope they add some more great outdoor animations.

    Overall I think it's a pretty good update, just wish the actual gameplay was a little more exciting and different than the same old style of play.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.