EA Forums - Banner

Push Notifications are broken

I'm having the same issue. I really do hope they fix this. It's very late and I'm at the computer, very tired, watching videos and whatnot at very low volume when suddenly a loud, long siren noise burst out from nowhere... Talk about getting scared... I've disabled every SFX and music in game to see if that makes any difference. For now I'll just keep my phone on "Vibrate" but if this continues I may have to disable the app totally cause walking around other people with a siren noise like this wouldn't be too great.

Replies

• tacoshack7807
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I had Homer say," Visitors, I better put my pants on" really loud 20 minutes ago.
    I had the volume of the game turned all the way down already and double checked to see if the notices were off and they still were.
  • tacoshack7807
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I see the new update so I might as well try that and see if it goes away.
  • tacoshack7807
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Now I get the sirens after the update.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    There are 2 menus that control push notifications:

The first is inside the game.
    The second is in your device settings

You have to turn them both off (but this sometimes doesn't work either)

The volume control for the push notifications is separate from the master volume control. I finally figured out how to change the volume on both Android and iPad, but they keep changing how you do it, so it's best if I just say "search Google for push notification volume {your device and OS version}". Which reminds me: I just got a new iPad Mini to replace the iPad I was borrowing so I have to figure it out again myself...
  • peterdutton
    18 posts
    edited February 2015
    I have the same annoying issue, and turning notifications off in both menus (on Android) does not work. Turning the volume down doesn't even work. Help!

I hope someone got fired for this blunder.
  • kookabunga77
    2 posts
    edited February 2015
    No kidding. Whose idea was it to have an air raid siren go off? I am soooo close to uninstalling this game just because of these stupid notifications.
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Im glad I finally am getting the Homer - "Visitors! Better put some pants on!" notification.. I remember people talking about that one a while ago and I've always been bummed I could never get my phone to play it. Its quite funny to be hanging out with friends having some drinks and then at some point in our conversation Homer jumps in with his funny notifications. There have been instances where his timing was absolutely perfect and we had some laughs..

But I do agree - this siren sound, horrifying.. Like makes me want to keep my phone on vibrate constantly because of it. Would be better if they stick with Homer making a funny quip rather than some god awful noise that scares the crap out of me when I hear it.. Especially at 4am!

Too bad we cant decide which Tapped Out notifications to play.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    It's possible to turn down the volume for the push notifications. I managed to do it on both my Nexus 7 and my borrowed iPad, but now I can't remember how to do it on the iPad - and I just got my own iPad Mini for my birthday a few days ago!

On Android (5.0.2): Settings -> Sound & notification -> Adjust Notification volume.

You can go further from here. Scroll down to App notifications -> Tapped Out -> Block and Prioity

On iOS: Settings -> Sounds -> Turn Change with Buttons to ON (green) (at least that's what's set on the one I borrowed).
  • edited March 2015
    I cannot understand why this is not fixed, how hard is it to stop notifications. I have tried all settings and damn it Tapped Out even re-enables the setting in Android.

I am in meeting and the damn sound goes off, I cannot have my phone on silent because the programmers on this game cannot get this right. Not far away from unintalling unless this is fixed soon!
  • 4junk3000
    5900 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I'd like to see screen shots of both notification switches set to OFF accompanying any new complaints about these loud notifications.

• msuchdeo
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Having push notification errors. Added origin friends after playing for months. So did my hubby. Have push option turned off but it notified me a friend visited. My hubby said when he first connected his town, it asked if he'd like push & answered no. I don't remember that question so I assume I answered yes. But now I can't find anywhere in origin to change my answer?
  • edited March 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I'd like to see screen shots of both notification switches set to OFF accompanying any new complaints about these loud notifications.

I'd like to see a solution, and not someone wanting me to prove this because if you turn it off in the game it should turn off. Yes I have turned off both and when I restart phone the 'show notifications' (in android, not the app) has been re-checked. I can only assume the tapped out game is doing it? I have tried many different ways to make the 'show notifications' stay off but I think EA intentionally reset it.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.