EA Forums - Banner

How many rods per day do we need?

Once someone does the calculations and everything I am sure a link or the information will be added to LP's walkthrough.
It's very early hours still for this. Give people sometime and someone will do the math. Just keep an eye on LP's thread and the comments. Sometimes the link may be in a comment, not always the first post :)

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
tstoforum

Replies

• blackgryphon9999
    655 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    As far as I can tell, there is a different currency for each "issue." The first, of course, is the rods. The second is pie bombs, and the third is freeze rays. It looks like we have 33 days to get the three prizes. (Mine shows 7000 for the prison.) So far today, I have just over 2300. Should be possible, I think.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the info. I certainly will keep looking for the calculations to be available.

May be all 4 parts overlap since they use different different currency.

Guess have to be patient and see.
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • SnarkTheCat
    138 posts
    edited February 2015
    I have been playing for 7 hours today and have ~2700 rods.

It looks like there are opportunities to earn them in your town as well as collecting them from neighbors. I am wondering if our own towns will cap out at a particular number ( no more than 20 at one time like Halloween) or if they spawn like past events (one every x minutes)

I can see that I am going to log in a lot to clear buildings (I need the money to build Quimby Compound and Krusty oil rig and the other Level 45+ stuff). It will be nice to tap on special stuff too!
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Issue 1 last for 6 days, should be ok for 3500 a day
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    there is a speculative calendar up at tsto addicts. Their assuming that the parts will overlap. If that's not the case, then this would be meaningless. I recommend reading their site for context.

superheroes-calendar-issue-1.png?w=725&h=800
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    there is a speculative calendar up at tsto addicts. Their assuming that the parts will overlap. If that's not the case, then this would be meaningless. I recommend reading their site for context.

One should note that they always start their calendar numbers a day after the event starts and end it a 9-20 hours before the event ends. So the daily numbers are slightly inflated.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I already have over 2000 rods, and it's only the first day. It shouldn't be hard at all to get all the prizes at this rate. I haven't sped up anything that'll earn me extra rods either.

Once the quest tasks start kicking in a person should be able to avarage about 2200 a day. That means it shouldn't take more then 7-8 days to get the first set of prizes.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Zozobras wrote:
    Anyone good at maths have an idea? I got around 1,500 rods today, but that was after rushing a couple of tasks.

You are ahead of the needed pace. I majority of the players would love to have 1500 rods. Every event has people saying how they have "only" some number of currency when that number is relatively high. I don't get it.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11495 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    tstoaddicts got something wrong there. End of all 3? that's the end of phase 1...
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    The in game timer says that Issue 2 unlocks in 5 days 2 hours. If we need to finish collecting the 18,500 rods for Krusty before Issue 2 starts, that's about 3,700 a day. (Less, obviously, if you've already started collecting.) That seems high, but manageable?

I guess I was envisioning that date as the earliest possible time you could start phase 2, but that it would hold until you finished phase 1. But that's a guess, not "speculation." :wink:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    jae_bazz wrote:
    The in game timer says that Issue 2 unlocks in 5 days 2 hours. If we need to finish collecting the 18,500 rods for Krusty before Issue 2 starts, that's about 3,700 a day. (Less, obviously, if you've already started collecting.) That seems high, but manageable?

I guess I was envisioning that date as the earliest possible time you could start phase 2, but that it would hold until you finished phase 1. But that's a guess, not "speculation." :wink:

You get crystals from the criminals which are used to upgrade the skyscraper which allows you get more rods per tap...same as the upgrading your cannon and upgrading your plank during Halloween did.
  • 24rsava24
    107 posts
    edited February 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    tstoaddicts got something wrong there. End of all 3? that's the end of phase 1...

I was thinking along the same lines. Isn't the entire event 33/34 days or is it 33/34 days for phase one?
  • anthonymeloy
    43 posts
    edited February 2015
    For Issue 1, you need a total of 18500 rods.
    It shows that Issue 2 starts February 24th, so I assume that we only have 7 days to gather rods before Issue 1 expires.
    Thus, we need approximately 2,643 for the seven days Issue 1 is open.

Issue 2 requires a total of 55000 pie bombs and you have 14 days to collect. Thus, you need approximately 3,929 pie bombs per day

Issue 3 starts on March 10th and requires a total of 61500 freeze Rays over next 14 days. Thus will need 4,393 daily

Issue 4 starts on March 24th and its a guess on what will be needed
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    It shows that Issue 2 starts February 24th, so I assume that we only have 7 days to gather rods before Issue 1 expires.

Issue 2 requires a total of 55000 pie bombs and you have 14 days to collect. Thus, you need approximately 3,929 pie bombs per day

Issue 3 starts on March 10th and requires a total of 61500 freeze Rays over next 14 days. Thus will need 4,393 daily

This sounds more like it. We'll see what shakes out as the majoroty opinion over the next day or so.
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited February 2015
    KillaSqirl wrote:

This sounds more like it. We'll see what shakes out as the majoroty opinion over the next day or so.

Basically, you need to clear the criminals in your town as frequently as you can (currently I get 15 rods per criminal in my town) I kind of wish the first phase was longer just to deal with slow updates and beginning of event glitches...I'm at 2054 rods after 1 round of neighbors plus 3 rounds of criminal clearing. (I've been collecting since 4am eastern)
  • DC_Sigsig
    37 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Is there a daily cap for how many rods that can be collected from tapping the robbers in neighbor towns?

I used to get 3 per tap I think, but at some point it stopped dropping.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If memory serves, toward the end of clash of clones, the cogs dried up for many players. Wasn't that it? I have no idea what they were for, but that's what I recall ... That they suddenly dropped off. Would they be the equivalent of arbitarium (so?) In this event?

Can anyone recall what it was? Is it a problem in winning those last prizes, or was it only related to upgrading that cannon? Or both?
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    as with every other event, there should be no issues with collecting enough currency to get the items on offer.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!