EA Forums - Banner

Is Krustyland worth the effort? (for now)

Prev1
moarku wrote:
I've only been playing for a few weeks, but am up to level 29. I put off building KL for a LONG time because I was busy doing enough other stuff, and frankly it hasn't really appealed to me. Even when checking out friends' towns.

Finally the other day I started it, and it's already seeming like it's practically a second game – apart from stealing characters that could be working in SF. Bear in mind my main goal right now is to max out my levels and FPs, and rack up donuts.

I'm sure down the road I'll be glad to have a whole extra thing to do, and would rather save KL for then. But in the meantime will I be hurting myself if I don't have KL grow alongside SF?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You will need KL for future tasks in between the updates EA put up. So you will really need to grow it along side your town. You can take your time with it. But you do need to build it. Hope that helps :)

Replies

• NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited February 2015
    I grew my KL along with my Springfield. But here is what I did. If the character had a task in Springfield that took priority. If they were free then and had a quest in Kl then I would send them there. But since Homer has a task which award rods I would just make him keep doing that and ignore Kl for now. BTW about having a perfect time to do it well there almost is none. I am currently level 49, I am caught up with all the level updates and I have all the KL buildings. But at the moment I am redecorating my SF, working on the super heroes event, saving up for a KL redesign, and I still haven't finished squidport. Not to mention that I have no aspirationals and a lot of land left to buy. So ya if you plan on putting it off until you have everything in SF dont. There is to much to do already plus new levels and events will constantly be put out. So I would grow you Kl with your SF just in moderation.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Indeed. You'll particularly need to have it mostly built by level 43.
  • anna22478
    407 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I felt the same about tying up characters in KL & I'm also concentrating more on SF & FP/XP I put characters on 30min tasks in KL for 3/4 days & built up some tickets I put the valentines stuff I bought in the sale to build up ratings & now I just leave the generic visitors & buildings to produce tickets. I collect regularly so I can pick up the largest number of tickets. It's taking longer to build up KL but it means my characters can stay in SF unless they have specific KL quests. Once I hit level 49 (current 43) in SF I will head back to KL.
  • Surfcitygal
    1193 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Since we are in an event right now, Krustyland is somewhat peripheral. Neighbors can tap phones in Krustyland, but no criminals go there. Structures will add XP to your level and tickets be converted to game cash (but some report that can't be done during this event). Sideshow You gives donuts after 300 balloon pops.

In all I would say put off Krustyland until this event is over unless you have a LOT of time for this game. :)
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Homer has a 4 hour ring toss game, and Cletus has a 12 hour one. After that you build your first attraction that collects tickets. The rest of the tasks in the earlier stages are very short so it won't disrupt your regular SF too much.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    My typical approach is to pick a few characters to always leave in KL. SVT was my first choice since I often use 4-hour tasks and he doesn't have one in Springfield unless you have the Aztec (which I don't). These days I tend to keep 6 characters in KL.

Just collect all the tickets from buildings, visitors, and any characters you decide to leave, and build things as you can. You don't have to keep everyone there all the time, but don't totally neglect it either.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    When I was building KL, I also kept Springfield tasks as a priority, but otherwise left Krusty and one or two others in KL. It IS Krusty Land, after all, so I made him stay there mostly. :)

Now that I feel my KL is as built as it really can be, I go there as often as I can tap on Sideshow You, and almost always collect all the tickets I can. I have over 330,000 tickets now, so anything they throw in KL, I can handle it. :)

The only problem is that I haven't found I need all the land, so I haven't bought it all.
  • brogames111
    739 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I have two real-life friends, who put off KL. Level 43 takes place in KL, and requires the Duff Pavilion (which is fairly far along in the process). They too were moving rapidly through the game levels, and this brought their progress to a screeching halt! So best work on it slowly now.
  • nbpinkr2010
    232 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I just try to visit and clear once a day. When there is a long break for characters with no tasks in Springfield, I might send them on overnighters just to add a few more tickets to the coffers. But generally I just clear, collect, repeat. Once I get enough tickets, I will grab all the land and start seriously building up the park and making it look really nice. Right now it's fair, but blah. Only a 3-star rating. :roll:
  • Cactusbunny
    115 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I've been playing on and off for the last one and a half year, and just now while reading this thread did I realise we can visit our neighbours KL. :oops: I really recommend working on your KL because it can be tedious if waiting until your Springfield is almost complete (if that's even possible :mrgreen: ).
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    moarku wrote:
    I've only been playing for a few weeks, but am up to level 29. I put off building KL for a LONG time because I was busy doing enough other stuff, and frankly it hasn't really appealed to me. Even when checking out friends' towns.

Finally the other day I started it, and it's already seeming like it's practically a second game – apart from stealing characters that could be working in SF. Bear in mind my main goal right now is to max out my levels and FPs, and rack up donuts.

I'm sure down the road I'll be glad to have a whole extra thing to do, and would rather save KL for then. But in the meantime will I be hurting myself if I don't have KL grow alongside SF?

Hello and welcome to the forum. KL is something, but I do not visit mine much at all. As other tappers have said, you might as well build it, but it doesn't do too much in terms of improving tapping happiness. Again, welcome to the forum and happy tapping.
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    My strategy was to chip away at KL from when it was introduced, but I spent very little time and effort on design. Later on, when my town was set up to my satisfaction, I devoted some time and effort to setting it up.

Happy tapping!
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    My typical approach is to pick a few characters to always leave in KL. SVT was my first choice since I often use 4-hour tasks and he doesn't have one in Springfield unless you have the Aztec (which I don't). These days I tend to keep 6 characters in KL.

Just collect all the tickets from buildings, visitors, and any characters you decide to leave, and build things as you can. You don't have to keep everyone there all the time, but don't totally neglect it either.

Same here

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Normally I would be against working on Krustyland until you reached a higher level. But since this event doesn't require many townspeople and you can tap your own buildings to compensate for their loss it's a good time to work on KL.

Homer is needed for a lot of the content in KL, so you might have to juggle sending him to KL and have him do his required tasks in town.

When he isn't needed he should be in KL along with everyone else who can go finishing the tasks there and earning additional tickets. Krusty should be kept in Springfield due to being needed for Issue 2.

Everyone else in your town should be earning you money. Hold off on working on the Squidport, put your money towards the regular buildings in your town, building buildings with characters should take priority over buildings without characters. And if given the choice, go with the building that has two characters instead of one.
  • matulaboola
    383 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I've been wondering about Krustyland too and am glad to come across this topic. Nearly level 42, I think I will hold back till this event is over.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I've been wondering about Krustyland too and am glad to come across this topic. Nearly level 42, I think I will hold back till this event is over.

It can be a bit overwhelming!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited February 2015

You don't need to have your characters working in KL until you finish building an attraction. It's a good idea to at least have the entrance, KL burger, the gift shop, and the death drop all finished so you can collect tickets when you collect from your SF.
  • stinkbugger
    1980 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Indeed. You'll particularly need to have it mostly built by level 43.

Need to have it mostly built?! Maybe if you want to complete level 43 quest line asap.

Myself, I withheld on even buying the KL Shuttle until I was forced to. And then I at that point I had to start building out KL. It was/is slightly annoying, but I don't really regret it. I'm still working on completing that Princes and the Pea quest line (about to build Scratchy's Flea Dipper, so Duff Pavilion is a ways away). Meanwhile, I'm in Level 48 in SF (although haven't even bought the Quimby Compound yet). When there are downtimes in SF I'll send nearly all KL-available characters to work in KL.

To the original poster: I guess you might want to slowly chip away at KL, if you really like KL then by all means spend more time there. KL doesn't hold a lot of appeal to me though. I don't mind that I'm "behind" in KL.

Is it better to shovel snow throughout the day or once at the end of the snowfall?
  • thatdonald845
    1569 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I have gone berserk in my Krustyland in a way that I would never consider for my Springfield. Perhaps it is an expression of my Id. I think more Krustyland stuff will come along as a part of a new level so always keep your Krustyland up to scratch.
  • amytobler894
    79 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I work on mine between events. Now own all land and over a million tickets banked.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!