EA Forums - Banner

How long to give inactive neighbors during Superhero event?

Prev134
I'm pretty laid back about it. The event mechanics are such that you'll always have criminals to tap. You only get one rod per phone, so if there aren't any to tap, it's not a huge deal.

That said, you might want to drop someone who doesn't update before the end of the weekend - the crime reports they leave in your town can really add up.

Replies

• Hendrix8341
    191 posts
    edited February 2015
    After an event begins I give about 4 days. I need all I can get from neighbors.
  • barryriddl474
    4818 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    4 hours of inactivity and I email EA on the player, and all of my neighbors know this.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I was thinking about people who had not started collecting rods by tonight, my time.
  • Lottie089
    375 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Anybody who hadn't logged on for four or more weeks got the boot......there was more than I thought.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Lottie089 wrote:
    Anybody who hadn't logged on for four or more weeks got the boot......there was more than I thought.

Seriously? Even between events I rarely give anyone more than a week - just long enough that there's nothing to tap in their towns.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I still give 4 weeks. Once that time is hit, then I'm sorry to say, I'll delete the friend. The one exception is my roommate. I know he'll be back on eventually, but he hasn't played in a long time as he feels he got burned by Island-Gate.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If you feel that you will get more benefit from neighbours who actually visit you, then don't feel about deleting those who don't. Personally I don't keep track of who visits, but I delete people if they haven't logged on in 4 days.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • danco214
    1291 posts
    edited February 2015
    Most of my neighbors are playing the event, but I have about 20 who have no carbon rods collected.

I am thinking about giving in actives until Sunday night before replacing them. These are also neighbors that never visit and don't play very regularly.

Any input? Am I rushing things?

I'm not sure if the update has been forced on people yet, if not, then some of your neighbors may not even know the update is available if they don't regularly visit any TSTO forums.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    4 hours of inactivity and I email EA on the player, and all of my neighbors know this.

Yes, we do! :lol:
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited February 2015

So you're the source of all those 4 am text alerts I get from EA telling me to wake my lazy **** up and play mobile tapping games or else.

I am quite nice, I don't delete anyone until at least a half day of inactivity.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • cbratushesky
    144 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I checked if people had started the HQ today and if not then I deleted them.
  • Hugemember1
    130 posts
    edited February 2015
    While I dont regularly clear out inactives, I will be doing it on the update. While the game lets us get phones etc irrespective if the friend has updated or not, having them come to my town to tap phones could mean the difference between getting all the items or missing out.

It will be very hard without it I suspect. I probably will be getting rid of half my friends on this one. They have until Saturday night.....
  • mrsoctober12
    361 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I delete at about 4-5 weeks of inactivity. I have about 31 niehbors who havnt started the event though. I don't like deleting neighbors, but I might have too :(.
  • Lottie089
    375 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Lottie089 wrote:

Seriously? Even between events I rarely give anyone more than a week - just long enough that there's nothing to tap in their towns.

I cut people some slack in between events in case they are taking a break from the grind. However, if an event has started and they are MIA then off they go.

I still have people with no rods showing yet they have been playing within the last few hours so I'm beginning to wonder if it's a glitch.
  • Hugemember1
    130 posts
    edited February 2015
    Lottie089 wrote:
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Lottie089 wrote:

I cut people some slack in between events in case they are taking a break from the grind. However, if an event has started and they are MIA then off they go.

I still have people with no rods showing yet they have been playing within the last few hours so I'm beginning to wonder if it's a glitch.

We werent prompted to do the update, to unless you go to the app store to see that there is an update available, they may not even know its there.....
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Ask Mr. Owl

Tootsie+Pop+Owl.jpg
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    Ask Mr. Owl

Tootsie+Pop+Owl.jpg

Every time I ask him he just **** his lollypop and gives me a smart remark...I stopped asking him long ago :evil:

I am giving neighbors until Sunday. If they haven't played by then they aren't staying neighbors. I am however reluctant to delete neighbors who haven't updated yet, I have one or two who play all the time and visit regularly who still give handshakes with their visits so they won't get deleted...as long as I can tap in their town then fine, they have plenty to tap in mine so they will have incentive to visit.
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I have neighbors who haven't yet collected rods, but are still active. I don't know how this is possible, but it is. The same happened during Halloween and Christmas. Maybe it's a glitch? But as long as they show up as active, I'm fine with it.
  • 22steelpaw
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I have neighbors who haven't yet collected rods, but are still active. I don't know how this is possible, but it is. The same happened during Halloween and Christmas. Maybe it's a glitch? But as long as they show up as active, I'm fine with it.
    I think it relates to whether they have attempted to visit their neighbours. I found out about this update by trying to visit neighbours. When I tried to visit those who had already updated, I got a message saying they had newer content than me and I should update.
    The point of this is that if you don't try and visit neighbours, you can still play the unupdated game for quite a while without even knowing about the update. Thus, you will show up as having played recently, but have no rods.
    This does identify those neighbours who are a bit slack about visiting. Whether you care about this in between events probably depends upon how long you have been playing and therefore how much the potential extra money from neighbour visits means to you.
  • Hugemember1
    130 posts
    edited February 2015
    22steelpaw wrote:
    I think it relates to whether they have attempted to visit their neighbours. I found out about this update by trying to visit neighbours. When I tried to visit those who had already updated, I got a message saying they had newer content than me and I should update.
    The point of this is that if you don't try and visit neighbours, you can still play the unupdated game for quite a while without even knowing about the update. Thus, you will show up as having played recently, but have no rods.
    This does identify those neighbours who are a bit slack about visiting. Whether you care about this in between events probably depends upon how long you have been playing and therefore how much the potential extra money from neighbour visits means to you.

I'm not sure thats entirely true. I'm still getting the handshakes from people......
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!