EA Forums - Banner

Oscars discussion thread

Prev1
Ive not seen any of these films.

Replies

  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I've voted for Birdman. I think that'll win for Best Picture.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I've voted for Birdman. I think that'll win for Best Picture.

    Keaton will probably win best actor. Going to think about Best Picture. I really like Steve Carell and Mark Ruffalo too. Ruffalo probably has a better shot of winning than Carell. I think Keaton is a highly likely winner for best actor.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    The only one I've seen is Birdman, which I really liked, so I went with that.
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I've voted for Birdman. I think that'll win for Best Picture.

    Keaton will probably win best actor. Going to think about Best Picture. I really like Steve Carell and Mark Ruffalo too. Ruffalo probably has a better shot of winning than Carell. I think Keaton is a highly likely winner for best actor.

    I think Keaton will win best actor too. I thought Carell was really good and same with Ruffalo, but I can't see either of them beating Keaton.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Well Ruffalo's up for supporting and Keaton and Carell are in lead acting. So Ruffalo doesn't have to worry about beating Keaton.
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I've seen about half of them, and my vote would be Boyhood. Birdman was great, but Boyhood was unlike anything I've seen before (or will ever see again)... Really beautiful film.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Boybood is a boring movie, nothing more, nothing less. The concept is unique, but the story and the movie in its entirety is not above avarage. It baffles me that it is even nominated. Same for theory of everything. Does not deserve a nomination for best picture..

    Keaton best actor, birdman best movie.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I think Birdman will win best picture. But I wouldn't count out American Sniper and The Grand Budapest Hotel as potential upsets.
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I've only seen Birdman and The Grand Budapest Hotel. I didn't love Birdman personally. I loved TGBH so I picked that one, but I don't really expect it to win.

    I would be surprised if Michael Keaton doesn't win best actor though. I really liked Reese Witherspoon in Wild so I'll pick her for best actress.
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I loved the grand Budapest hotel so I picked that cause I hope it wins.

    I think either birdman or the theory of everything will win though

    Edit: SNAP Jblue! :thumbup:
  • barrymcerlea
    2096 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Out of those Ive only seen American Sniper, which wasn't spectacular... Especially the questionable difference of the portrayal of the main character and him in real life, so I don't think it'll win.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    edit: wrong movie! :P
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    juliet603 wrote:
    The Grand Budapest Hotel (the first one) is on TV this week, I'm guessing from people's comments on the sequel that it's worth me watching?

    What do you mean the sequel?
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    The Grand Budapest Hotel (the first one) is on TV this week, I'm guessing from people's comments on the sequel that it's worth me watching?

    What do you mean the sequel?

    Lol ignore me! :lol: I just saw the advert again and its a completely different film with the word 'Hotel' in the title that has a sequel just come out haha! About old people or something :?
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    juliet603 wrote:
    henpot7514 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    The Grand Budapest Hotel (the first one) is on TV this week, I'm guessing from people's comments on the sequel that it's worth me watching?

    What do you mean the sequel?

    Lol ignore me! :lol: I just saw the advert again and its a completely different film with the word 'Hotel' in the title that has a sequel just come out haha! About old people or something :?

    HAHA! The one with Maggie smith??

    Anyway, watch TGBH it's awesome.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    henpot7514 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    The Grand Budapest Hotel (the first one) is on TV this week, I'm guessing from people's comments on the sequel that it's worth me watching?

    What do you mean the sequel?

    Lol ignore me! :lol: I just saw the advert again and its a completely different film with the word 'Hotel' in the title that has a sequel just come out haha! About old people or something :?

    HAHA! The one with Maggie smith??

    Anyway, watch TGBH it's awesome.

    Lol yeah! I heard everyone talking about a "hotel" film and keep seeing trailers for that one so figured it was the same :lol:

    I'll have to wait until it comes to Netflix :wink:
  • kyaray
    875 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm with Wij on Boyhood. I hope TGBH wins, I don't think it's Wes Andersons best work though. I also hope The Boxtrolls wins best animated. That movie is just too adorable.:)
  • KBmojave4
    138 posts
    edited February 2015
    Ive only had the chance to watch two of the nominated movies. American sniper and the imitation game. Two movies which turned out to twist their "true stories" in a big way. I was about to watch TGBH but something came up. The trailer looked funny! I hear that selma is getting a lot of good reviews. I might watch that tonight. Ill vote tomorrow if your poll isnt closed hah

    Oh shoot! Edit* its sunday!!!! I'll be tuning in to the oscars. Ill just pick selma for the fun of it. I havent even looked at the noms this year.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    While I loved The Imitation Game, I think The Grand Budapest Hotel was better. (Man, I love Wes Anderson.) But neither has a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

    I suspect Birdman will win. I'd love to see it, and Boyhood, too. No interest whatsoever in Murican Sniper. Yuck.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • RMVancleav710
    3533 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Havent seen any of these films, but I think the those award ceremonies are all rigged to begin with... :(
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!