EA Forums - Banner

Fences and hedges... Crashy mc crasherson

Just put 313 brown fences, 106 trees, and 51 large hedges into storage in order to stop the incessant crashing. Town doesn't look too bad. It's still well organized but less busy. I still have thousands of trees and lots of chain link, barbed wire, and iron fences to keep up some elements of design.

Hopefully the crashing will stop. I'll let you know.

Replies

• keys1980
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Just put 313 brown fences, 106 trees, and 51 large hedges into storage in order to stop the incessant crashing. Town doesn't look too bad. It's still well organized but less busy. I still have thousands of trees and lots of chain link, barbed wire, and iron fences to keep up some elements of design.

Hopefully the crashing will stop. I'll let you know.

That would be greatly appreciated. Any info good or bad is better than no info.

My other hope is once the Xmas event is over things improve.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    keys1980 wrote:
    I'm a lvl 24 with a grande Springfield. My town is a work of art. lots of trees and no houses without fencing or hedges. Seems the price I now must pay for my beauty is constant lag and crashes.

At least that is my hypothesis based on what I have gleaned from these forums. My choices. Ugly up my town or continue constant crashes. Lose lose for me. Oh happy day.

How many friends do you have?

If you have 100, try cutting that down by half. It might help the stability issues and still allow you to have an elaborate town. I kept mine at 50 friends for a long time and have recently gone up to 75. I'm still fairly stable but as I keep buying land, I may need to bring that number back down to 50.

I've noticed that if a couple of people visit me at the same time, that I always crash. I know they visited because when I get back in, I see 6 to 9 hand shakes left behind. Another reason to keep the friend number down.
  • keys1980
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I have 100 friends and I noticed the same thing you did. When they visit and I'm on... Crash!

I will be doing major pruning ASAP. Only got the 100 friends for coins. plan on making a list of my favs and trim to 25ish.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    keys1980 wrote:
    I have 100 friends and I noticed the same thing you did. When they visit and I'm on... Crash!

I will be doing major pruning ASAP. Only got the 100 friends for coins. plan on making a list of my favs and trim to 25ish.

That is exactly what I did!

Get rid of the house farmers first then work down from there. Also write down the names of town you like but are willing to lose for stability reasons. Then slowly start adding them back in.

I was lagging horribly when I had 100 friends and I deleted them all. Then started slowly adding back in the ones I loved. Some didn't accept my invitation so I found others. I'm back up to 75 and started crashing again during those visits so may need to back it back down again.

Also, as you start interacting more on here be sure to note those names so you don't accidentally prune them. Half the fun is having friends that you "talk" to on the forums.
  • Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have too much water because of the big lake I created.

Now if I try to add or delete roads or water, there's a huge delay from when I tap the screen to when there is an actual change. Or I just crash out.

Not sure if it affects my friends; a handful jumped ship but that always happens after an update. People leave the game or change up their friends list.

• melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same :(. I have 100 friends and and I think I'm going to have to delete some, most probably the excessive house farmers due to stability, the ones silent on the forum or the ones I just don't like lol. Problem is I think I'm addicted to this friend bonus :(
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Same :(. I have 100 friends and and I think I'm going to have to delete some, most probably the excessive house farmers due to stability, the ones silent on the forum or the ones I just don't like lol. Problem is I think I'm addicted to this friend bonus :(

I was but then I thought about it. So you make 1 million at a time and you buy up all the land and all the buildings. Then what? You have literally rushed yourself right out of the game. I've gone back to my slow way of playing. Taking my time and buying the land and decorating before adding the buildings.

It took me nearly a week before I was ready to build the prison because I had to get everything ready around it and then another week before I was ready for the Retirement Castle because I had to move my hillbilly compound and get that land set up.

I just don't want to get bored with the game so I'm slowing down again and backing off this friend bonus thing.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:

I was but then I thought about it. So you make 1 million at a time and you buy up all the land and all the buildings. Then what? You have literally rushed yourself right out of the game. I've gone back to my slow way of playing. Taking my time and buying the land and decorating before adding the buildings.

It took me nearly a week before I was ready to build the prison because I had to get everything ready around it and then another week before I was ready for the Retirement Castle because I had to move my hillbilly compound and get that land set up.

I just don't want to get bored with the game so I'm slowing down again and backing off this friend bonus thing.

This is so so true. I was thinking about this yesterday after purchasing more land and realising the extent that I've expanded in under a week! It's starting to make money a lot easier to come by and potentially useless, I may as well have an 100 house blue farm (not that there's anything wrong with it).

But I never make a mill a night, I don't have the time or patience, I normally bank between 100 and 150 a night, and that is still too much for me. So I may aswell delete some friends as I am happy that I am not through with the storyline and will most likely find it pretty boring when I am.
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    After removing all brown fences and hedges things appear to be ok. I haven't freed all my characters from their current tasks yet, which is when my crashing always occurs. In 6 hrs I will know if the removal of fences and hedges truly helped. I can scroll across my Springfield with no problems though.

Also I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but I am lucky enough to almost never crash when visiting friends (I'm maxed out at 100). I read a lot of posts that complain about crashing while helping out neighbor-eenos. Not me. Never been an issue.
  • keys1980
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    After removing all brown fences and hedges things appear to be ok. I haven't freed all my characters from their current tasks yet, which is when my crashing always occurs. In 6 hrs I will know if the removal of fences and hedges truly helped. I can scroll across my Springfield with no problems though.

Also I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but I am lucky enough to almost never crash when visiting friends (I'm maxed out at 100). I read a lot of posts that complain about crashing while helping out neighbor-eenos. Not me. Never been an issue.

Funny you mention this. I also get zero crashes visiting friends. All 100 of em. Most stable part of the game for me by a country mile.
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    The verdict is in. My Springfield is almost completely crash-free. While in the past if I sent all 37 characters on tasks, the game would crash 4 - 6 times. Same goes for collecting money from 37 completed tasks.

My game would also crash while rearranging, or building, or hiding buildings/decorations, or anything in the edit mode.

Since removing all brown fences and almost all hedges, my Springfield has only crashed once during hours of gameplay. Much more enjoyable and my town doesn't look worse without them.

Hope this helps those of you who have had similar problems.
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    The verdict is in. My Springfield is almost completely crash-free. While in the past if I sent all 37 characters on tasks, the game would crash 4 - 6 times. Same goes for collecting money from 37 completed tasks.

My game would also crash while rearranging, or building, or hiding buildings/decorations, or anything in the edit mode.

Since removing all brown fences and almost all hedges, my Springfield has only crashed once during hours of gameplay. Much more enjoyable and my town doesn't look worse without them.

Hope this helps those of you who have had similar problems.

Well decisions need to be made now. Happy to at least know there is an option.

I'm going to hold out on removing anything other then people from my overloaded friends list at the moment. If after trimming some friends and the return to a green Springfield post Xmas update I still have issues... Maybe then I will try the drastic step of removing all my brown fencing and hedges. For my OCD * it's drastic :?

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know how it all worked out for you.
  • fragrlr0ck
    88 posts
    edited December 2012
    It’s a sad day when a detailed Springfield is streamlined. My computer knowledge is laughable, but I have found that this game (at least for me) has about a 6-8 week stability plateau (April-May/June, August-October, late October-December). I have never had a large friends list, so I have never experienced house farming or forest crashes. But my Springfield is stupidly detailed, so I may be crashing someone else’s game.

Every major update seems to have included some software updates that have stabilized my game, but I know this is not a universal experience. However I also tend to get a little crashy after I’ve made a major land expansion and begun to hoard more trees and shrubs. Right now I find that I’m crashing every time try to access one of the building menus (with the exception of land and doughnut menus). I guess it’s a subtle message that I need to find other outlets.

However if the pattern continues the crashyness should be under control again in the coming weeks.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited December 2012
    Iv noticed the problem too I crash alot recently and since iv started playing basically iv had 100 frends and i wud always have the occasional crash but now it just so frequent lke wen im buying an item or tapping a char or redesigning it crashes alot but it happens like 95% of the time when im in my own town, and recently i bought alot of tree's and other such items like fences and i used the friend bonus to get alot of cash and i noticed the more land i purschase the more i crash but its randomly occurring. It barely happens when I'm visiting my freinds and i never thought it cud be bcuz of them visiting your town at once which actually makes alot of sense, and I definitely think the friend bonus takes away from the game but i wont have a chance to play much so im taking advatage of it as much of I can cuz i know i wont have nearly the same amount of time when i start school back lol
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I love the title of this thread, when ever i get a crash I think "crashy mc crasherson" LOL. I never had any crashes until I added friends.

I also get crashes when someone is in my town or when accessing the building menu, especially when building roads or deleting them...
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    If the coin trick remains it will be hard to cut back on friends. I think I'm going to have to call in the lumberjacks and gardeners for a bit of uprooting. However, I am going to wait until after the snow clears as I have added a lot since the beginng of the Christmas update and want to see the full effect. Whilst I am annoyed with EA about this situation (added to a very long list of complaints) it at least gives me the chance to redesign and stay interested in the game. It has grown a little dull since I started the Krabapple quests, they seem a little lazy on the part of EA, endless tasks rather than additional content.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I had to remove a few hundred decorations to get my game stable (sorry golf course!)...I started with shrubs and moved up to "two spot" decorations (basically removed the smallest stuff first). I then brought my friend's list from about 70 to 5. I started added more friends, up to about 20, and added some decorations. I seemed to be doing fine until I added a buttload of friends the other day; now I'm crashing every few minutes. Sorry to the new "non-heavy-forum-using" friends that I recently added; I will be deleting most of you soon. No hard feelings, I just want to play! I'll be keeping the friends until the Stockings come (hopefully), to help myself and my friends that are still seeking coins.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.