EA Forums - Banner

Criminals spawning in town

Prev1
Note:I'm hesistant to make any conclusions about lowered spawning rates (I'm around 5800 pies so far so I haven't seen a marked drop but I did hoard 1 heart felons so there's a boost there)

However, based on the elf weirdness around XMAS I got into a go to KLand as a manner of making sure the the game was synched and have noticed the following. I'll clear my town of criminals, go to Krustyland (to also make sure there weren't any neighbors visiting there) & when I go back to my town there will be a clump (usually 3) of criminals in my landing zone...this happens most often on my first town visit (after an overnight break) so I'm guessing there's something in the game mechanism where "banked" criminals only spawn after you clear the majority of the free ones (& there's a time gap). It's possible that I just missed a few criminals and going to KL and back caused them to respawn in a clump. I'll record my end of day number of pies and see what tomorrow morning brings (so I can say in x hours I got y criminals & see how that compared to round one)

Replies

• finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited February 2015
    I have a feeling that you are right and I don't think we can know for sure, with that being said aren't we receiving 3 additional pies for each felon?
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited February 2015
    I have a feeling that you are right and I don't think we can know for sure, with that being said aren't we receiving 3 additional pies for each felon?

Each felon now drops 18 pies (3 more than phase 1) I also don't know if my numbers were inflated by lots of my neighbors visiting post rollover (when maybe they'd usually visit at 9pm yesterday but they held off until 6am today). I don't have good data from phase one but am committed to keeping track overnight and then posting my results at around 4am eastern tomorrow...of course, more data points make it more likely to be a valid result so chime in if you wish (also, I don't know if that's what the android update talked about here did)
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Each felon now drops 18 pies (3 more than phase 1)

You mean criminals. Felons are different.
  • spidersmakegravy
    726 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Dotcom180 wrote:
    Is it just me or there was a reduction in the amount of criminals spawning in town?
    i didn't actually count it myself but after i leave my town for a couple of hours it feels like
    there's less criminals than phase one... isn't it?

No, it's not just you - I thought so too. That makes two of us, so it must be true!

I have zero evidence to back this up, but am fairly convinced there's a lot less tippy-toeing going on in my town.
  • zafofabi18
    188 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Dotcom180 wrote:
    Is it just me or there was a reduction in the amount of criminals spawning in town?
    i didn't actually count it myself but after i leave my town for a couple of hours it feels like

No, it's not just you - I thought so too. That makes two of us, so it must be true!

I have zero evidence to back this up, but am fairly convinced there's a lot less tippy-toeing going on in my town.

Maybe the colorful hair and the lack of confusion with the 10ish playables that looked like issue 1 criminals gave a placebo effect that there is less.

Or, maybe there is less? Regardless no one starting today should have any problem finishing issue 2 in the 13 days and 9 hours left.
  • stinkbugger
    1983 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    zafofabi18 wrote:
    Or, maybe there is less? Regardless no one starting today should have any problem finishing issue 2 in the 13 days and 9 hours left.

That kinda implies issue 2 ends in 13+ days, which isn't the case.

• Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I got the feeling that it's still the same amount but now the criminals don't go towards the landing zone as much, which makes them more spread out and makes it seem like there are less.

But of course that's also just speculation!
  • zafofabi18
    188 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    zafofabi18 wrote:

That kinda implies issue 2 ends in 13+ days, which isn't the case.

For us advocate free donuteers, yes, it does end in 13+ days. :mrgreen:
  • rosesgirlnz
    4078 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Dotcom180 wrote:

Me three... So that must make it the gospel truth right? ?

I had a whole bunch of untapped criminals running around my town just waiting until phase 2 started and I'm sure some of them disappeared during the changeover.
  • zafofabi18
    188 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Maybe they're working overtime at KrustyLu? There's always a need for more sideshow *name here*
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Brabsel wrote:
    I got the feeling that it's still the same amount but now the criminals don't go towards the landing zone as much, which makes them more spread out and makes it seem like there are less.

I agree with this, I've been noticing more criminals hiding out in the trees or along the edge of the map and even behind the Springfield sign! Maybe going to kl and back causes them to respawn closer to the landing zone, idk this is all just guess work and speculation.

It kinda makes sense that the criminals should get harder to capture as the event progresses though.
  • zafofabi18
    188 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Brabsel wrote:

I agree with this, I've been noticing more criminals hiding out in the trees or along the edge of the map and even behind the Springfield sign! Maybe going to kl and back causes them to respawn closer to the landing zone, idk this is all just guess work and speculation.

It kinda makes sense that the criminals should get harder to capture as the event progresses though.

There is at least one on my docks every time I go on, operation dumbo drop 1 there was a lot less criminals on the docks. That's just what I've noticed.
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited February 2015
    Brabsel wrote:

I suppose that seems reasonable, but i guess i'll have to count it myself to believe it though...
  • partyanimalj
    10 posts
    edited February 2015
    I've noticed a drop in criminals in town since reaching 7000 rods. Don't think I will ever reach 18500?. Friend list nearly full and I visit every day so this is going to be a long haul I think!!
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited February 2015
    Just did an overnight (6ish hour) count and was right around 60 criminals (which is what people were reporting in phase 1)...the rainbow haired criminals tend to wander further off the roads (squidport, mansion backyards, park areas) and even though it felt like fewer taps to clear my town some of that was learning that tapping nearer to the ground would clear the buildings (& my confusing characters like Father Sean, Legs etc were all tasked indoors & the increased tap radius meant I was getting two at once

Still running 4.13.0 (in case anyone has a decline and a different app version) & am right around 9200 pies after one day.
  • suemoorhead
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Just did an overnight (6ish hour) count and was right around 60 criminals (which is what people were reporting in phase 1)...the rainbow haired criminals tend to wander further off the roads (squidport, mansion backyards, park areas) and even though it felt like fewer taps to clear my town some of that was learning that tapping nearer to the ground would clear the buildings (& my confusing characters like Father Sean, Legs etc were all tasked indoors & the increased tap radius meant I was getting two at once

Still running 4.13.0 (in case anyone has a decline and a different app version) & am right around 9200 pies after one day.

I've just cleared mine after a nights sleep and counted 57 probably missed a couple hiding! I agree that they're more spread out, went round the perimeter of my town and found a few stragglers! I also felt I had less yesterday but the increased tap radius Could account for that!
  • wagondriver4
    307 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I 100% agree with criminals being more spread out, making it seem like there is less of them. More taps to get them all, but not getting 4 or 5 in one tap.
  • roxypup
    313 posts
    edited February 2015
    This morning I had one of the old looking criminals with no wig creeping around my Springfield. He still gave me pies. Thought that was interesting! Has anyone else seen that?
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited February 2015
    roxypup wrote:
    This morning I had one of the old looking criminals with no wig creeping around my Springfield. He still gave me pies. Thought that was interesting! Has anyone else seen that?

yes! gotta couple of those as well, was wondering what's the deal with them, but as long as they give pies they don't bother me much...
  • boldbhoy
    277 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    What I have noticed in the second phase that there seems to be a much smaller number of criminals that give Arbitrarium as well as pies compared to the first phase. Perhaps because you need a lot more to level up your HQ it just seems that there is less around.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.