EA Forums - Banner

Intriguing to visit nieghbors and see

My town is modeled after stuff I've seen in cities in my area

Replies

• velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I have house farmers with amazing designs. They just have their house farm shoved a little away. I also have people who are still beginning their towns and until cash really starts to accumulate, I can handle farming and squishy towns. Once someone is at a point though, hmmm, I do question it. Though if they have a nice town otherwise, who cares.
    If a town has all land and is all house farm, bar 2 strips where buildings were crammed, that I have deleted someone for.

I have brilliant designers as neighbors. When I begun building, I was building as if homer was rebuilding, trying more from Homers perspective. Then I got neighbors with amazing towns and felt like using inspiration. Mine is still not top class but I
    Like what it has become. Without creative neighbors, it would not be what it is now.
  • thatdonald845
    1576 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I like to see variety. I miss a lot of dead towns I had to delete eventually. Does anybody have a lot of dead towns they can't bring themselves to delete?
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I like to see variety. I miss a lot of dead towns I had to delete eventually. Does anybody have a lot of dead towns they can't bring themselves to delete?

I had one, a while back. I really loved their town, and I gave them about a month before I just assumed they weren't coming back. Normally people are gone after about a week of inactivity.
  • thatdonald845
    1576 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:

I had one, a while back. I really loved their town, and I gave them about a month before I just assumed they weren't coming back. Normally people are gone after about a week of inactivity.

Ooops. I've not been visiting much lately as I have been on a tour. With not much internet. But good stuff. Kids dressed as zombies with dry ice good. Back to visiting soon!
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:

Ooops. I've not been visiting much lately as I have been on a tour. With not much internet. But good stuff. Kids dressed as zombies with dry ice good. Back to visiting soon!

It's all good. I usually only notice inactivity when there's nothing to tap. Your town always has something to tap. :)
  • thatdonald845
    1576 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    :XD: :thumbup: :oops: :-P :!:
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited February 2015

Guilty admission..... My ex hasn't played in quite a bit, but it hasn't been a year since we split yet....... Just can't delete it
    :shock:
    Oh well one day
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I love how creative some people are! I especially get excited when I get a new neighbor and get to visit their town for the first few times lol. Some people are so impressive the way they use simple things like bushes to build up a monument or turn something into a 3D structure. I love how some people know how to give depth to items or create a themed area. Every town is so different. :)
    I do have a very hard time deleting neighbors, especially those I've had for a long time. But it's getting to be more of a pain to scroll through them when they aren't active so I've found myself cleaning house more and more this past few months. With this new event I'm noticing several neighbors that haven't been on since at least the Christmas event, so I might be deleting them soon. I feel like a hoarder with some of these neighbors :oops: lol....but they do have to go if they're completely inactive. I'll be deleting them soon I guess. :cry:
  • rosesgirlnz
    4091 posts Member
    edited February 2015

I have 2 towns I can't bring myself to delete. One belongs to my 10yr old son, who got me into the game, but then gave up months ago. I'd feel like a mean parent if I deleted his town - but I have hidden it ;)
    The other town was my first neighbour from the forum add me threads, more than a year ago and seems to have stopped playing recently. He/she was always a good neighbour, so I'm not quite ready to delete them yet.
    Sentiments getting in the way of practicality :)
  • roxypup
    313 posts
    edited February 2015
    My coworker who got me into the game and her boyfriend have been inactive for almost a year. I doubt they are coming back to the game, but I haven't deleted them. The interesting thing is that for a couple months now I've been able to collect from their Springfields. Not sure why, but I'm certainly happy about it!
  • cheeseynibbles
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Have seen some fantastic towns since i joined the forums and got people to add me *only had like 9 neighbours previously, and realllllllllllllllly wanted to progress in this uupdate and win all prizes fer a change* am in the middle of a rejig of y town, looking to where to fit in all these new buildings, loving it, has spured me on in the creative stakes no end :mrgreen:
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited February 2015
    Oh man... I redesigned my town in a way so it was different districts (residential, bars, commercial, government, prison/insane asylum) but lately I've been really busy so I've been just dumping all the event stuff in open spots... I need to clean it all up...

I think I'm most proud of my main landing spot :D

There are a few towns that I just can't bring myself to deleting... a few ex regulars on this site had beautiful towns but they have been inactive for months...
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I have 2 towns I can't bring myself to delete. One belongs to my 10yr old son, who got me into the game, but then gave up months ago. I'd feel like a mean parent if I deleted his town - but I have hidden it ;)
    The other town was my first neighbour from the forum add me threads, more than a year ago and seems to have stopped playing recently. He/she was always a good neighbour, so I'm not quite ready to delete them yet.
    Sentiments getting in the way of practicality :)

You could always take over your son's game. That's what I did when my daughters gave up.

I just went through my neighbours and deleted some that hadn't played since Christmas. I also have one neighbour who used to post here a lot but hasn't played since halloween. I'm keeping him/her just in case.

On topic I agree, its very interesting to see how other people build their towns.
  • blizzardfri
    76 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    What they envision a city/town would look like if they were the city planners.....you can tell who lives in true cities or suburbs etc....I love going through watching....plus the creative minds that use mundane decorations turning them into something else how cool is that!!!!

I guess that's why house farmers have no place in my list...

Hi Neighbor...you're one of my favorite neighbors to visit - your town is unique, entertaining and visually stimulating. I only had one neighbor (my sister) until the Castle event and I loved seeing how other people had set up their towns. I had never even thought of a house farm and thought they were hilarious. (I now have as many neighbors as I can handle and enjoy the variety of designs.)

My sister and I have discussed your topic before, she also thinks that people's towns reflect where they live, but I think that people may develop a town to be a place they would want to live (granted, which may be the same type of town). I always tease her about the multitude of parking spaces she uses in her town - it may be because it's so hard to find a place to park where she lives (you could give her those parking spaces you get in your mystery boxes).

As for me, I'd love to find a pumpkin house in my (real life) town and wish landscaping was as easy as tap and...tap!
  • blizzardfri
    76 posts Member
    edited March 2015

I was worried that you were going to drop me as a neighbor and that's why you'd stopped visiting :(

I've been lurking on the forum for a few months and decided to finally post something because both you and gypcandrews are my neighbors posting on the same topic...and you are both in my top ten favorite neighbors to visit. So, visit any time, but please keep me so I can see your town! BTW, I want to steal one of your design ideas in KL...would you mind?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!