EA Forums - Banner

Frustrated

Prev1
Same way for Halloween last year.
I was working full time when I begun tapped out though. I played on breaks and was always up to date.
Back then didn't have public wifi around for me to log into either

Replies

• Ralph0757
    27 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    the fun for this game for me is havi buildings other people don't have, and that seems to be with buying donuts. Why compete in an event where people play this game 24/7 just to get the lame prizes everyone all has
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Ralph, you must have been one of few who enjoyed Easter last year then.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Ralph0757 wrote:
    the fun for this game for me is havi buildings other people don't have
    Pi69iAz.gif
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Ralph0757 wrote:
    Pi69iAz.gif

Well it had to come at some point, at least it's a tame complaint thread :shock:
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    what you get out of events is based solely on how munch effort your willing to put in....Ahem or pay with doughnuts.

Need more time in a day to play? while your crappin, you should be tapping just don't drop your phone.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Snakeyees wrote:
    what you get out of events is based solely on how munch effort your willing to put in....Ahem or pay with doughnuts.

Need more time in a day to play? while your crappin, you should be tapping just don't drop your phone.

Well put!

OP: These events are meant to draw in new people and generate more revenue for the company and it's doing just that. If you make it so only some people win some stuff people will stop playing the game. To get them playing you need to have it so that you can earn the items through hard work which is what is going on.

If you really need to feel special then buy premium stuff. If you don't want to spend the time and energy tapping away to earn the stuff then buy donuts but don't complain because there is work involved or that people can earn the same things you can.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    at least it's a tame complaint thread :shock:
    Not so much. Attitudes of elitism and/or lording what one has over other people creates an unpleasant atmosphere. I dislike it.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    at least it's a tame complaint thread :shock:
    Not so much. Attitudes of elitism and/or lording what one has over other people creates an unpleasant atmosphere. I dislike it.

True. But it's at least a rare thread and easily killed if things get out of line. The other ones though tend to spring up within hours after one another...
  • RMVancleav710
    3540 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    where are you even getting the idea its impossible to make the markers, I play maybe a couple of times a day, I haven't even really been visiting neighbors, I don't have any premium items to help me along, and I haven't used any donuts to speed thing along and im sitting at almost 21000 pies...and why are you going to gripe that they are going to actually make you play a game that im assuming you wanted to play in the first place...its up to you if you want the items but if you don't...move along and stop griping about it....
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • Ralph0757
    27 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm sorry if I sounded rude by being frustrated at this game because of the pie collecting i am starting now. I play a decent amount of time, i tap all the guys in black, and I tag my neighbors towns and they tag mine every 24 hours, how do I collect the event items the fast speed everyone does? I'm just starting the pie collecting in my tapped out town now
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Ralph0757 wrote:
    Pi69iAz.gif

Could not have said it better myself!

See, OP, the fun in this game for me is to see what everyone does with the stuff everyone has. Just because everyone has it doesn't mean everyone designs with it in the same way. I can go to one person's town and be completely unimpressed and then go to someone else's town and say, "Wow! That is awesome! Now I want that too!" It could be an item that I otherwise wouldn't have given a second glance but in the hands of a creative person it becomes a desirable object.

I don't think many people play 24/7. I do think a lot of people play during the lulls in their days or in the few spare moment that are available. One of the great things about this game is that you really don't have to set aside a huge chunk of time to get something accomplished. It's not like action-type games where you must play to the next save point. Pop on, pop some clowns, get some pies, leave. 5 minutes.
  • edited February 2015
    Does being frustrated look bad? I can't see it.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Ralph0757 wrote:
    I'm sorry if I sounded rude by being frustrated at this game because of the pie collecting i am starting now. I play a decent amount of time, i tap all the guys in black, and I tag my neighbors towns and they tag mine every 24 hours, how do I collect the event items the fast speed everyone does? I'm just starting the pie collecting in my tapped out town now

The vast majority of your event currency is coming from tapping criminals in your town, a lot of us are grinding away for a lot of the day with whatever free time we have so we have accumulated a lot of currency. I am at just under 31,100 pie bombs and I haven't sped up anything, I have just played a lot since the event started. It'll be hard to do but it'll be worth it to earn the prizes since you know you worked hard to get them- they shouldn't be viewed as something everyone has, they are something you earned.
  • barryriddl474
    4833 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Ralph0757 wrote:
    the fun for this game for me is havi buildings other people don't have, and that seems to be with buying donuts. Why compete in an event where people play this game 24/7 just to get the lame prizes everyone all has

That's crazy talk :shock:
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Why bother comparing yourself with others? This isn't a competitive game. As long as you're on track to get the prizes, what does it matter if someone else gets there first?

If you're not on track to get the prizes, then it becomes a question of priorities - is it worth it to you to spend more time playing to get the prizes, or would you rather stick with what you're doing and miss out on a prize or two?

If you clear all the criminals every 4 hours or so (with 8 hour break for sleep), visit friends daily, clear your radioactive signals, and fight felons when you can, you should have no problem getting everything.
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Why would you want to compete for unique things in your town as compared to other players?
    This is not a competition..this is people coming together to play a fun interactive game based on characters we all love!
    If you want to compete, this is not the game for you. You are creating a stressful environment where there shouldn't be one.
    Most everyone here is doing their own thing, be it working towards goals with or without spending currency. I personally like working towards goals without speeding it up. I guess I get more satisfaction playing that way.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Ralph0757 wrote:

By your logic, not everyone WILL have those event prizes since not everyone can keep up. Therefore that makes the event prizes way more unique than the things anyone can buy with donuts anytime they want. Plus the event prizes will only be available for so long, so it will be impossible for new players to get them if they join after the event, again making them more unique.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Ralph0757 wrote:

By your logic, not everyone WILL have those event prizes since not everyone can keep up. Therefore that makes the event prizes way more unique than the things anyone can buy with donuts anytime they want. Plus the event prizes will only be available for so long, so it will be impossible for new players to get them if they join after the event, again making them more unique.

That's a great way of looking at it 8)

And there is also the fact that some of the prizes become premium items so you essentially got a premium item for nothing!
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited February 2015
    Ralph0757 wrote:
    Hey guys I a, super frustrated with this game events. It seems that every event everyone in my friends list has maximum items from the eve, there is people with 20000 pies already from this update. I have a job and don't have time to play this game 24/7 and I feel I have to play 24/7 to keep up with these people. Why have events based on playing a lot and collecting items from the event? do you guys play this game 24/7?! And why?! Irritating
    a complacated question with a simple answer, EA wants you to dump all your money so they can be even more rich than they allready are, for peaple time is money so peaple waste money, you might as well just send EA money for free :roll: .
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited February 2015
    How many pies do you have exactly? This event is very easy so far so it may seem that you are behind but in truth your friends are just really ahead and your just right. If you are earning pies then you were able to finish phase 1 so if you play the same amount you did then you should be fine. Also I don't play 24/7, I have school which has stopped me from completing events in the past but for this one I am having no problems.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.