Huge disappointment

Replies

• juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    urlaub694 wrote:
    They're trying to be like Apple :roll:

Huge disappointment

But maybe if you got a Samsung it wouldn't break like all your apple products seem to do :mrgreen:
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited March 2015
    urlaub694 wrote:

Huge disappointment

i will admit the curve one looks interesting and will be good to see where they take it in the future
  • MayorMcCheese321
    112 posts
    edited March 2015
    The mayor says:

"Don't be a phony. Get a Sony!"

And vote McCheese '15.
  • duncanbrow162
    280 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Without an SD card slot I won't be getting one of these when my contract is up later this year, and I've had Samsung's for years.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Without an SD card slot I won't be getting one of these when my contract is up later this year, and I've had Samsung's for years.

Ditto that. No SD card and no removable battery are deal-breakers for me. They are really rolling the dice on this one.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2015
    I've always had Samsung phones, they have always been reliable and fantastic to use, but now, i am changing to another phone manufacturer once my current contract expires. Here's why...

Sure, the S6 looks lovely, i cant fault that, the metal back on the standard version, the curved screen on the premium version, massive improvement on the S5 which was a bit bland. Why i HATE this new Samsung, well, as MANY fans of Smasung phones and tablets have pointed out, two key changes made have upset them (including me)

The fitted battery

We all know that these newer batteries have a poor lifespan, someone said it was something like 200 charge cycles before the battery performance becomes poor and needs replaced. Ok, i can handle that, £25 for a new battery, pop the back off, change the old battery for the new one, job done - NOT ANY MORE. It's now a solid unit, so once your battery is almost un-usable, that's it, pay a fortune to try and get it fixed, or get a new phone. Clever Samsung, but stupid - just like those morons that make (and buy) those stupid Apple products

No SD card slot

So another not so great idea, take away the SD slot and fix the memory, meaning a customer has to choose how much memory they want that's built in (like those morons at Apple). So, want more memory, pay more money. More 🎃🎃🎃🎃 from Samsung that's alienated it's loyal customers

Leave that stuff top the Apple sheepies, Samsung, you were doing fine, all you needed to do was change the horrible plasic back to a metal one, make some slight improvements on the OS and camera and the job was done, but taking away people's choice to change a battery and add an SD Card, well, that's a bad move, it's cost Samsung my business now.

A decision purely made to rip people off to the levels of the Apple product sheepies... oh well

Gonna be a tough choice what phone to get this year now then...
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    This is a major development. Thanks for sharing the pics and info.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    dave3490 wrote:
    I've always had Samsung phones, they have always been reliable and fantastic to use, but now, i am changing to another phone manufacturer once my current contract expires. Here's why...

Sure, the S6 looks lovely, i cant fault that, the metal back on the standard version, the curved screen on the premium version, massive improvement on the S5 which was a bit bland. Why i HATE this new Samsung, well, as MANY fans of Smasung phones and tablets have pointed out, two key changes made have upset them (including me)

The fitted battery

We all know that these newer batteries have a poor lifespan, someone said it was something like 200 charge cycles before the battery performance becomes poor and needs replaced. Ok, i can handle that, £25 for a new battery, pop the back off, change the old battery for the new one, job done - NOT ANY MORE. It's now a solid unit, so once your battery is almost un-usable, that's it, pay a fortune to try and get it fixed, or get a new phone. Clever Samsung, but stupid - just like those morons that make (and buy) those stupid Apple products

No SD card slot

So another not so great idea, take away the SD slot and fix the memory, meaning a customer has to choose how much memory they want that's built in (like those morons at Apple). So, want more memory, pay more money. More 🎃🎃🎃🎃 from Samsung that's alienated it's loyal customers

Leave that stuff top the Apple sheepies, Samsung, you were doing fine, all you needed to do was change the horrible plasic back to a metal one, make some slight improvements on the OS and camera and the job was done, but taking away people's choice to change a battery and add an SD Card, well, that's a bad move, it's cost Samsung my business now.

A decision purely made to rip people off to the levels of the Apple product sheepies... oh well

Gonna be a tough choice what phone to get this year now then...

+1
    I was thinking on grabbing the nexus 6, but it has the same issues! Plus, it seemed a little expensive for what it was.

It looked like Sony was going to get its foot in the US market (finally) with the Experia line, making the Z3v available through Verizon. But the "new" Z3v was actually a Z2, and not the current generation Z3 that seems to be available in many countries. Now Sony is throwing in the towel on smartphones because they screwed up trying to market an older phone in a cheap plastic shell. If they would've simply made the Z3 available, things may have been different. The Z3 has a sd slot but doesn't have a removable battery.

Not many great options nowadays.
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    juliet603 wrote:
    urlaub694 wrote:

Huge disappointment

But maybe if you got a Samsung it wouldn't break like all your apple products seem to do :mrgreen:

Hey.. Watch it..! XDD

P.S. I'm getting my iphone 6 back later this week or early next week BAILAAA
  • rosesgirlnz
    4091 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Given the trouble I had with my current Samsung needing it's battery replaced I'd be wary of getting this new one.
    It's a pity because I'm due to get a new phone in the next few months and now I don't know what I'll go with.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Nuts to that. Get a Moto or an LG.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited March 2015
    Bravewall wrote:

do these still feature removable batteries and SD card slots?

seems like a lot of android phone makers are moving away from it to make metal phones
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2015
    baddazoner wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:

do these still feature removable batteries and SD card slots?

seems like a lot of android phone makers are moving away from it to make metal phones

Metal phones are the current trend at the moment, are sleeker and nicer to hold than a plastic one, but for me, the reason that manufacturers of phones are stripping phones and tablets of SD Card slots and removable batteries are

1 - they remove core elements of the tablet/phone making them cheaper to produce, but more costly to buy the more memory you want

2 - by stopping removable batteries in phones after about a year your phone is useless with a poor battery life, standard contract for a decent phone these days with mobile operators is 24 months

3 - they know how rubbish the new batteries are and know that if they cannot be replaced, yo uwill need to buy a new device, so more money in the manufacturers and retailers pockets

As i said in my original post, the cost of a new battery for a Samsung at the moment averages at about £25 or above, to add 64gb of memory, approximately the same price. Take these two things out of a phone/tablet and you are left with a device where batteries are now fitted and unremovable. Also add the new factor in built in memory, and you now have a product that the Apple sheepies liked. I chose Samsung because I like phones where I have control of how much memory I have, and whether I can change the battery when it's done. Now I can't. Sony are doing the same thing, my mum has an Experia M2, which has a fitted battery, however they do allow on that phone, to add an SD card. It won't be long before this stops on all phones tablets

Personally, as i said before, this move has cost Samsung my business. I will be trying to find a new phone soon that has what I need and not what the manufacturer says i should have - that is for the Apple sheepies.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!