edited March 2015
    Yep. Pretty sure it's what Jim said.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Maybe you are tapping too hard!

yes, i am sure it is my ham hands tapping too hard...
  • count_dand590
    52 posts
    edited March 2015
    Random tools are random.

Seriously I've said it in more detail way too many times already but that's what it comes to.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Random tools are random.

Seriously I've said it in more detail way too many times already but that's what it comes to.

I understand 'random'.

I worked my first job using a computer in 1984; bought my first PC in 1995; and began working on my programming degree in 2000. I am sure I was using computers before most the people on these forums were born...

I read the ratio, and it does not seem to ring true on either of my games. I play on both the android OS and the iOS. Just saying.
  • count_dand590
    52 posts
    edited March 2015
    Random tools are random.

I understand 'random'.

I worked my first job using a computer in 1984; bought my first PC in 1995; and began working on my programming degree in 2000. I am sure I was using computers before most the people on these forums were born...

I read the ratio, and it does not seem to ring true on either of my games. I play on both the android OS and the iOS. Just saying.
    Saying that means you don't understand random I'm afraid because if you did you would know that there's no number you can get that proves or disproves the chance and that your personal results are much too small a sample to judge by.

I know you want to think your special and should be getting a set amount but as far as lady luck is concerned none of us matter and we have to take what she gives us.
  • Snakeyees
    2320 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Not to rub you wrong but im sitting at 100 lock picks all i need 10 more capes 3 more hand cuffs for the times building. I just think random is random. My 2nd town is at 70 lock picks.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Random tools are random.

I understand 'random'.

Saying that means you don't understand random I'm afraid because if you did you would know that there's no number you can get that proves or disproves the chance and that your personal results are much too small a sample to judge by.

I know you want to think your special and should be getting a set amount but as far as lady luck is concerned none of us matter and we have to take what she gives us.

NO, my point is I am old, educated and aware of the meaning.

I did not come up with the percentages, as I stated in my post, the percentage was listed on another thread.

I can imagine your assumptions, disregarding of statements, and arrogance garner you a mass following in both the real world and online...
  • LPNintendoITA
    11472 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    says the one with shouting in the title.
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • 4junk3000
    5285 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    You're talking about arrogance?

Are you just here to start a fight to vent your frustrations? Because WE are not EA.

If you're so old and wise, you must ALREADY know that the situation which you are reporting can only be possible because you have been personally selected to have poorer results that differ from everyone else's.

Yep, you figured it out, Sherlock. And since you knew this, no point in even asking about it from us. BECAUSE WE ARE SO IGNORANT WE THINK ALL CAPS IS YELLING. What do we know?

Fortunately you answered you own rhetorical question, rhetorically. Well done.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • johncolombo
    11306 posts Senior Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Hey Guys first day on the job. Yes the randomness can be frustrating. That's why it's random. Maybe let's take this down one notch? Sometimes adding a wink or Mr. green face can diffuse these sort of situations. No fighting, ok? Using all caps often leads to fighting and fighting is not part of this forum.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Zafobi
    49 posts
    edited March 2015
    This thread again?

:mrgreen:

Muahahaha, praise helix, or RNG god for more "tools"
  • danco214
    1291 posts
    edited March 2015
    I did not come up with the percentages, as I stated in my post, the percentage was listed on another thread.

internet_true.jpg
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Snakeyees wrote:
    Not to rub you wrong but im sitting at 100 lock picks all i need 10 more capes 3 more hand cuffs for the times building. I just think random is random. My 2nd town is at 70 lock picks.

Not rubbing me wrong, was just a tad frustrated. I get on the forums to check things, and monitor the walkthroughs. Seems like a LOT of stuff going on, which is GREAT.

I always have 100 friends towns and peruse some of the towns, as they always buy all the premium stuff. I have gotten where I look at these towns before buying anything, to see if I want it or not. When there are quests, I check to see where my friends are in the quests as well.

I have been playing this since it came out. Well, started in April, first or first of May 2012, on my ipad3. I have a second game, on my S4 which I started in Oct 2013.

On my S4 I have 82 lock lockpiks. On the iPad I have 89. I DO play WAY too much. I also always play them simultaneously, so disparity is quickly noticed.

I want the Zenith City Times, the Apartments and Lofts are not so much a goal at this time.

:):)
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    danco214 wrote:

internet_true.jpg

I would counter with I have true stories from the internet that would stun you... remember, I am old... and been online for over 20 years. More than likely, anything you have read, seen, or heard of online, I read, saw or heard 15-20 years ago online.

:D

ps: nice pic of Morpheus

• count_dand590
    52 posts
    edited March 2015
    Random tools are random.

I understand 'random'.

NO, my point is I am old, educated and aware of the meaning.

I can imagine your assumptions, disregarding of statements, and arrogance garner you a mass following in both the real world and online...
    The only one arrogant here is the fool bragging about his age and thinking that means he is an expert when his words prove he knows nothing about what he is saying.

Here's a guaranteed percentage for you your results don't even make 1% of the results from comparing the people on my personal friends list. Your figures are just a meaningless little speck of sand in the desert created from the results of all players.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    It's probably pseudorandom and they give a bad seed to people they don't like. Okay...the last part probably isn't true.
  • danco214
    1291 posts
    edited March 2015
    danco214 wrote:

internet_true.jpg

I would counter with I have true stories from the internet that would stun you... remember, I am old... and been online for over 20 years. More than likely, anything you have read, seen, or heard of online, I read, saw or heard 15-20 years ago online.

I am just having a hard time understanding what your age has to do with any of this conversation. I think you would be surprised at the age of many people on these forums. As for computer experience, I started training on computer programing in 1983, and had my first home PC hooked up to Telenet in 1987, but I don't claim to know half of what the younger generation does when it comes to computers since they grew up with them and have dealt with them almost every day of their life since they started school, if not earlier.

Also, I'm not easily stunned when it comes to the internet, after almost 30 years online, I'm sure I have seen most of what you have, and some things you haven't.

• franksmutter
    41 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Started working in the computer industry in 1983, still there and I know nothing, Jon Snow.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Started working in the computer industry in 1983, still there and I know nothing, Jon Snow.

SMH. To be young and foolish once again. Or maybe not. Not worth dealing with the know-it-alls.

I started this as a valid question as to if others were expericing the same lack of percentage that was quoted. The it was attack city! LOL.

Think the entire topic needs to be deleted so the trolls can go back under their bridges.

Never got any valid replies, only fools posting on how I was somehow clueless as to what 'random' meant. In retrospect, I perhaps should had ignored the troll, looking to incite a reaction. My bad.

• clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    danco214 wrote:
    danco214 wrote:

internet_true.jpg

I am just having a hard time understanding what your age has to do with any of this conversation. I think you would be surprised at the age of many people on these forums. As for computer experience, I started training on computer programing in 1983, and had my first home PC hooked up to Telenet in 1987, but I don't claim to know half of what the younger generation does when it comes to computers since they grew up with them and have dealt with them almost every day of their life since they started school, if not earlier.

Also, I'm not easily stunned when it comes to the internet, after almost 30 years online, I'm sure I have seen most of what you have, and some things you haven't.

Maybe, maybe not. Being a female, seems lots of guys sent me things to 'gross me out' or 'shock me'. They usually succeeded. 98% of the time they succeeded...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!