EA Forums - Banner

Agh! Im ahead in levels!

I've heard that when you are ahead you get multipliers on buildings! I most definitely do not want that! Right now, I just unlocked Burns Manor and I'm level 27. I believe my house farm is the reason behind so much xp. Is there any way I can slow myself down and get back on track? Thanks

Don't build anything or do any quests for a few levels. Level up, but don't complete the levels. After leveling up a few times your building cost should drop on the previous levels.

Somebody else that's better at using those...things...that you spell and say...should be able to explain this better.

Replies

• Upper90Ninja
    115 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I've heard that when you are ahead you get multipliers on buildings! I most definitely do not want that! Right now, I just unlocked Burns Manor and I'm level 27. I believe my house farm is the reason behind so much xp. Is there any way I can slow myself down and get back on track? Thanks

Don't build anything or do any quests for a few levels. Level up, but don't complete the levels. After leveling up a few times your building cost should drop on the previous levels.

Somebody else that's better at using those...things...that you spell and say...should be able to explain this better.
    But I thought getting ahead was a problem? Or am I interpreting this all wrong?
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited March 2015

At lvl 27 you don't have a multiplier on building costs and won't until you get much closer to the current top lvl.

Currently, I don't think the base price multipliers starts until after lvl 42.
  • Upper90Ninja
    115 posts Member
    edited March 2015

At lvl 27 you don't have a multiplier on building costs and won't until you get much closer to the current top lvl.

Currently, I don't think the base price multipliers starts until after lvl 42.
    Do you think that's can carry on like normal and be able to catch up in levels by then?
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Sorry not quite sure what you are asking but here is how the multipliers look right now. Thanks Addicts!

Level 50: 4X Cost
    Level 49: 4X Cost
    Level 48: 3X Cost
    Level 47: 2X Cost
    Level 46: 1.6X Cost
    Level 45: 1.4X Cost
    Level 44: 1.3X Cost
    Level 43: 1.3X Cost
    (Level 42-1: No Multiplier)

This will change every time a new lvl is released. So by the time you reach say lvl 44 it no may longer have a cost multipier if the current lvl then is 52.
  • Upper90Ninja
    115 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Sorry not quite sure what you are asking but here is how the multipliers look right now. Thanks Addicts!

Level 50: 4X Cost
    Level 49: 4X Cost
    Level 48: 3X Cost
    Level 47: 2X Cost
    Level 46: 1.6X Cost
    Level 45: 1.4X Cost
    Level 44: 1.3X Cost
    Level 43: 1.3X Cost
    (Level 42-1: No Multiplier)

This will change every time a new lvl is released. So by the time you reach say lvl 44 it no may longer have a cost multipier if the current lvl then is 52.
    I see thanks for the assistance
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Don't worry about it at all!!! I was under the same impression as you when I started and wish I'd known that it doesn't matter. The game is designed like this, perhaps to make you think you're behind and get you to shell out sprinklies to catch up your gameplay level to xp level. XP is easier to get than cash at the lower levels. As another poster has said, the building prices only change once you reach level 43, however this is completely unrelated to your current XP level. It's based solely on the current highest gameplay level.

It's a good thing to get to max XP level as you can then start XP/donut farming for bonus XP levels i.e at level 50 now. Don't worry about what gameplay level you are at vs XP at all.

If you want to slow things down to save cash, it will only benefit you once the multipliers come into play at level 43.

Edit: to clarify my enthusiasm, I wasted some sprinklies to catch up not knowing it wouldn't make a difference.
  • Upper90Ninja
    115 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    nissa762 wrote:
    Don't worry about it at all!!! I was under the same impression as you when I started and wish I'd known that it doesn't matter. The game is designed like this, perhaps to make you think you're behind and get you to shell out sprinklies to catch up your gameplay level to xp level. XP is easier to get than cash at the lower levels. As another poster has said, the building prices only change once you reach level 43, however this is completely unrelated to your current XP level. It's based solely on the current highest gameplay level.

It's a good thing to get to max XP level as you can then start XP/donut farming for bonus XP levels i.e at level 50 now. Don't worry about what gameplay level you are at vs XP at all.

If you want to slow things down to save cash, it will only benefit you once the multipliers come into play at level 43.

Edit: to clarify my enthusiasm, I wasted some sprinklies to catch up not knowing it wouldn't make a difference.
    Oh goodie! Yeah I don't really spend my donuts, I'm pretty stingy with them
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    It doesn't matter if you are level 44, but have only finished the mandatory buildings through 37. That is common if you are just catching up to the long-term players. The prices only change when they release a new level. As of yesterday, Itchy & Scratchy Studios multiplier fell to 1, so its now at its lowest price.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.