EA Forums - Banner

why do cellphones have to make LOUD NOISE on boot?

My iphone doesn't make a noise when I turn it on. I SWEAR! I'd provide pics, but you can't photograph sound.

Replies

• barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    OT?

OP, you may want to remove an offensive word that you've used repeatedly in your post.
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited March 2015
    oh crap sorry i ment to post this in off-topic discussion, i dont know how the heck it got into game discussion :/
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited March 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    My iphone doesn't make a noise when I turn it on. I SWEAR! I'd provide pics, but you can't photograph sound.
    ah maby iphones dont make the sound, thats good as senerio #1 solution i just realized cant be done with iphones (and i think fire phone as well) maby phones without removeable batterys dont make those annoying sounds?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Set phone to silent before powering off. No noise on boot. Easy.

Also, moving to OT.
  • 4junk3000
    5301 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    My phone doesn't make a noise powering up if I don't want it to, because it has a physical switch for audio. Get a phone like that.

But that noise is usually to test the speaker. If you didn't hear it, you'd know to troubleshoot it. Your car dashboard lights up all the lights same way, so you know all red warning lights are functional.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • MayorMcCheese321
    112 posts
    edited March 2015
    The only phone i have that makes a loud noise on booting is a really old Nokia that i use as an alarm clock.

Gotta get up fresh!
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited March 2015
    yea some phones silent mode stoppes the bootup noise, but not all the time. i just wonder why dose it have to be an annoying loud bootup noise. both the phones i have do that crap, even with silent mode.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    My phone doesn't make a noise when you switch it on either. My old pre-smart phone one did though. Very loudly!
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    edited March 2015

OP, you may want to remove an offensive word that you've used repeatedly in your post.

Agreed, although not sure OP will see the problem.
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    well i turned on my cellphone and pc and they both make there starting noise, so i sit and think WHY dose it have to do that? the majority of phones usaly boast about there company and about what G it is, as well as make a loud danm noise that cannot be turned off without some serious hacking (hex editing certain files). now this is **** AND DANGERUS. in senerio one its just ****.

senerio #1: kid in school is acualy being good unlike most of the texterlers,he/she turned off there cellphone when class started, ofcourse 15 minutes later he bumps it ON on acident and class and then LOUT NOISE COMPANY BOAST, cell phone gets takem. solution: remove battery and throw it in the sewer, to make sure they will never meet, thats a bit of a dramafication but you get it.

senerio #2 (dangerus):you wake up, you find you have been kidnapped! locked in a closet a room eta, you are able to free a hand, oh good! a cellphone! i can use this to call the cops and/or my parrent/gaurdian/whoever can help. oh wait! the cellphone is off, ok lts turn it on *LOUD BOAST COMPANY 4G YEAHHHH!* uh oh, kidnapper walks in shoots you in the head takes cellphone you are dead you are screwed thanks to that NOISE cellphones HAVE to make. Solution: none really exept pray to god that cellphone is one of the 0.01% of cellhpnes that aculy has been hacked to remove that annoying noise (unlikely).

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19390-1379526972-49.gif
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    ah maby iphones dont make the sound, thats good as senerio #1 solution i just realized cant be done with iphones (and i think fire phone as well) maby phones without removeable batterys dont make those annoying sounds?

Gotta chalk that up to brandy...or confusion?
  • rosesgirlnz
    4091 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    henpot7514 wrote:
    well i turned on my cellphone and pc and they both make there starting noise, so i sit and think WHY dose it have to do that? the majority of phones usaly boast about there company and about what G it is, as well as make a loud danm noise that cannot be turned off without some serious hacking (hex editing certain files). now this is **** AND DANGERUS. in senerio one its just ****.

senerio #1: kid in school is acualy being good unlike most of the texterlers,he/she turned off there cellphone when class started, ofcourse 15 minutes later he bumps it ON on acident and class and then LOUT NOISE COMPANY BOAST, cell phone gets takem. solution: remove battery and throw it in the sewer, to make sure they will never meet, thats a bit of a dramafication but you get it.

senerio #2 (dangerus):you wake up, you find you have been kidnapped! locked in a closet a room eta, you are able to free a hand, oh good! a cellphone! i can use this to call the cops and/or my parrent/gaurdian/whoever can help. oh wait! the cellphone is off, ok lts turn it on *LOUD BOAST COMPANY 4G YEAHHHH!* uh oh, kidnapper walks in shoots you in the head takes cellphone you are dead you are screwed thanks to that NOISE cellphones HAVE to make. Solution: none really exept pray to god that cellphone is one of the 0.01% of cellhpnes that aculy has been hacked to remove that annoying noise (unlikely).

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19390-1379526972-49.gif

Exactly!
  • rosesgirlnz
    4091 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    JimJ321 wrote:

I reckon it's the moonshine :wink:
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:
    JimJ321 wrote:

I reckon it's the moonshine :wink:

MMMMM.....Moonshine!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2015
    My phone doesnt tend to make any noise when starting up apart from the vibration noise :?
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!