EA Forums - Banner

EA, stop turning my push notifications on after I turn them off.

2Next

Replies

• Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    tralfabits wrote:
    I had the same issue... TSTO notification sounds turning back on even though the game's notifications were set to OFF in the menus.

I finally got them to stop after a troubleshooting frenzy, so I don't know what specifically did the trick. One thing to try, though, is to intentionally turn the notifications on in both the in-game and app setting menus, cycle the game and/or device off and on, and then turn the notifications back off again.
    :| ... Even if that works, it will be no less ridiculous.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    So... this is still happening. Today after a small update, I'm at work, and recieve two "Push No-tifications" within an hour of eachother. It actually happened to days ago as well, during another small update. The notifications checkmark was unchecked, but on the SD card it was checked. So now I'm checking both checkboxes to make sure they stay unchecked, and its still happening.

This is spam EA... Life spam... How dare you. :evil:
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Regular task notifications stay off but event notifications always slip through. I have no way to disable them except to completely disable all notifications on my phone due to the version of Android I have.

It broke my heart to read some posts by users in war zones stating the siren was the same sound as a missile warning. While I appreciate that EA replaced the siren sound rather quickly and treated that as a severity 1 issue, this is still a severity 1 customer issue and needs to be treated as such. Interrupting sleep, daily normal actions and/or normal operation of device functionality is hands down severity 1.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I read somewhere that someone solved the problem by moving the game from the SD card to internal storage. Sucks if you're short on internal storage.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    maxeerg wrote:
    I read somewhere that someone solved the problem by moving the game from the SD card to internal storage. Sucks if you're short on internal storage.
    I have plenty of sd card storage. I've moved the game there, but it barely keeps any game data there. Most of the game needs to be on the internal storage.
    nissa762 wrote:
    Regular task notifications stay off but event notifications always slip through. I have no way to disable them except to completely disable all notifications on my phone due to the version of Android I have.

It broke my heart to read some posts by users in war zones stating the siren was the same sound as a missile warning. While I appreciate that EA replaced the siren sound rather quickly and treated that as a severity 1 issue, this is still a severity 1 customer issue and needs to be treated as such. Interrupting sleep, daily normal actions and/or normal operation of device functionality is hands down severity 1.
    HzRL92M.jpg
  • shasurveyi256
    354 posts
    edited March 2015
    It may be a pain in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️---but what about logging out every time you stop playing?
  • MuskiePlunge
    88 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    About a week into the event I initiated an online chat with tech support on this issue. The result of the over hour long conversation was tied off with a summarizing statement from the tech, "Pretty much you'll just have to deal with it." Needless to say this infuriated me and I will now never again give money to EA for any product or service in the future.

Logging off at the end of every visit to my Springfield is the only solution I have found. Sorry to be the harbinger of this news.

BTW... Brave, thank you for all the time and effort you contributed to the forum and the community during your tenure as Mod. We appreciate you.
    When there was The [Broken] Wheel. The horror... The Horror!
  • 4junk3000
    5255 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Bravewall wrote:
    So... this is still happening. Today after a small update, I'm at work, and recieve two "Push No-tifications" within an hour of eachother. It actually happened to days ago as well, during another small update. The notifications checkmark was unchecked, but on the SD card it was checked. So now I'm checking both checkboxes to make sure they stay unchecked, and its still happening.

This is spam EA... Life spam... How dare you. :evil:

Could you please elaborate on this?

Where are you looking on the device when you say, "on the SD card it was checked"?

Is this an SD card control panel? Do you have it on both devices you mentioned? Just curious about how a game can override your settings. What version of android are you running? How do you navigate to this SD card notification switch you turned off?

I only have the switch in the Settings app, then choose Apps, and it's on the first list shown called Downloaded. I choose Tapped Out and uncheck the box.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • smith69gers
    39 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    I disabled the notifications via my phone settings instead of in-game. Haven't had any problems since.

On Android, go to Settings, Apps, Tapped Out, and uncheck "Show Notifications."

Dunno about iOS, but I'm sure someone can explain that process if that's what you're using.

Thank you, thank you, by jeez, thank you. :D

Edit: smile face added
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited March 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    I disabled the notifications via my phone settings instead of in-game. Haven't had any problems since.

On Android, go to Settings, Apps, Tapped Out, and uncheck "Show Notifications."

Dunno about iOS, but I'm sure someone can explain that process if that's what you're using.

This. I had turned off all my notifications in game, and they even showed as off but they still went. I had to go into settings on my iphone click the app and turn off notifications to get them to stop.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    About a week into the event I initiated an online chat with tech support on this issue. The result of the over hour long conversation was tied off with a summarizing statement from the tech, "Pretty much you'll just have to deal with it." Needless to say this infuriated me and I will now never again give money to EA for any product or service in the future.

Logging off at the end of every visit to my Springfield is the only solution I have found. Sorry to be the harbinger of this news.

BTW... Brave, thank you for all the time and effort you contributed to the forum and the community during your tenure as Mod. We appreciate you.
    And thank you for the heads up about contacting EA support, so that I know not to waste my time.

Today was he third day in a row that I received the push notification. I unchecked the box, in the app settings under both downloads and SD card. There was no updates downloaded since last time.

This happened today while talking with my supervisor. I immediately went to my app setting after he left. The notifications box was unchecked.

This is completely unacceptable.

I'm going to try logging off when I am done. If that doesn't work, I will have no choice but to completely remove the app from my phone, until this event is over, causing me to lose out on much of the prizes. :(
  • shasurveyi256
    354 posts
    edited March 2015
    Bravewall wrote:

And thank you for the heads up about contacting EA support, so that I know not to waste my time.

Today was he third day in a row that I received the push notification. I unchecked the box, in the app settings under both downloads and SD card. There was no updates downloaded since last time.

This happened today while talking with my supervisor. I immediately went to my app setting after he left. The notifications box was unchecked.

This is completely unacceptable.

I'm going to try logging off when I am done. If that doesn't work, I will have no choice but to completely remove the app from my phone, until this event is over, causing me to lose out on much of the prizes. :(

I hope logging off works for you---can you keep us updated
  • 4junk3000
    5255 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Really weird man. How about this:

Uninstall on one device. Reinstall but don't log into your profile. Play through the day one stuff like you're a noob.

See if this fresh install without ties to your established profile also gives the alerts.

If it doesn't, then log in and see if they resume. Then you'll know it's tied to the profile info from EA and you can contact them to demand they change it on their end.

If it does, then you are still in the same place. Idk what else to check. Really wish I could help you more to track this down.

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!