EA Forums - Banner

Rush donut cost anomalies

Hi neighbour,
This bugged me too...to rush cuffs cost more than build now cost. But to rush just capes for the apartments. It's cheaper to rush the HQ to get the needed capes than to build now. I needed 5 capes, build now cost 20 donuts. But to rush the HQ 5 times would only cost 10 donuts.

I started a thread on this about a week ago as I was pointing it out for people who knew they wouldn't be able to play enough to get everything & could afford to spend some donuts but all the replies were just saying you don't need to waste donuts.
But as you say, still got plenty of time so no rushing needed & I'm hoping to get 2nd store front, 2nd loft & 3rd apartment by the end of the event :)

Replies

• TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Thanks neighbour :)

Looking forward to seeing your collection :)
  • RareSteak-N-Ale
    44 posts
    edited March 2015
    This information is very helpful. Dumb question (I tried searching, but couldn't find a thread with the answer): if you want to use Donut Rush to craft an item, does it tell you how many donuts it will cost after you hit the button but before it subtracts the donuts from your account?

Ok, so Anna, I DID indeed find your thread and I'm guessing from your post that the Donut cost info pops up when you click the button. If someone can confirm this it would be much appreciated. (Edit for this paragraph).
  • suetopia
    4224 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    This information is very helpful. Dumb question (I tried searching, but couldn't find a thread with the answer): if you want to use Donut Rush to craft an item, does it tell you how many donuts it will cost after you hit the button but before it subtracts the donuts from your account?

Ok, so Anna, I DID indeed find your thread and I'm guessing from your post that the Donut cost info pops up when you click the button. If someone can confirm this it would be much appreciated. (Edit for this paragraph).

Yes. It does pop up when you click the button - Anna is correct. Just make sure you have your spend donut confirmation on to be safe.
    (I went in to my game to double check and picked an item I was close to having all the crafting materials for just to be safe! :D )
  • RareSteak-N-Ale
    44 posts
    edited March 2015
    suetopia wrote:

Yes. It does pop up when you click the button - Anna is correct. Just make sure you have your spend donut confirmation on to be safe.
    (I went in to my game to double check and picked an item I was close to having all the crafting materials for just to be safe! :D )
    Thanks sue! I'm a bit gun shy when it comes to Donut stuff. I want to craft everything, and am willing to spend a reasonable amount of Donuts to do so, but not until Zero Hour (if I don't gather enough materials before then). I have been hesitant to hit the Donut craft button, you guys have been very helpful!
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Perhaps the donut cost anomalies are the same as the lottery:

A tax on people who are bad at math.
  • anna22478
    407 posts Member
    edited March 2015

Yes there is a donut cost button to the right but you will still have to do some math. (Also make sure your donut confirm spend button is on so that you don't accidently spend donuts whilst checking the amounts.)
    Eg. 1 cape will cost 2 donuts (to speed up HQ once for 1 cape) so if you need 6 capes to complete your craft materials it will cost you 12 donuts (6 x 2 donuts) if you go to the collector button in the top right then it will show you a craft now donut price of 24 donuts. This is what me & TT were saying about the anomalies & that it's cheaper to rush the HQ rather than rush the build now on the collector menu. This really only works with the apartments as this needs capes & phones.

Having said that, the lofts needs cuffs & to rush the burns prison to release another felon is much more expensive & changes depending on how long is left until your next felon is due to be released. From memory at 7hrs left it will cost about 90 donuts to release 1 felon whereas it was only 50 donuts to craft the remaining cuffs needed for the loft/store front (if you have enough phones/lock picks already) so for these two buildings it is cheaper to go to the collector & build now. If you don't have enough phones/picks then there is no point spending donuts to release felons anyway as you will still need to spend donuts to complete the build as you can't speed up neighbour visits (phones) & criminals (lock picks) are random.

As someone said on another thread - anyone who thought you would never use math after leaving school never planned on playing TSTO :) it's like being in the supermarket trying to work out if the larger pack is cheaper than 2 smaller packs :(
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited March 2015
    Did some testing as I was going to rush the remaining items needed for the Zenith times. It appears that capes are worth 4 donuts and that cuffs are worth 5 donuts. I was missing 3 capes and 2 cuffs and the "buy it now" price was 22 donuts. After speeding up the HQ 3 times (3 capes) for 6 donuts total, the buy it now price reduced to 10 donuts. So instead of paying 22, I only 'paid' 16.

I found this by speeding up the HQ for 2 donuts. So if you are short capes, you can reduce your cost by speeding up the HQ. Obviously as mentioned, the Felons cost significantly more. First the cost to generate one from a full timer plus the amount needed to speed through it 3 times.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!