EA Forums - Banner

When should I unfriend inactive players??

Prev1
First, I need to say something and don't mean to sound rude, so please don't take it as such. k? :) This subject comes up so often that if you look through the first 2-3 pages, you're sure to find it mentioned in a topic title.

So with that out of the way, I generally wait a month, 4 weeks. I feel that most people don't go on holiday/vacation for that long, and I've gone through their town about 30 times with nothing to tap, so sorry to say, off you go.

Replies

• foremanjrs
    14 posts
    edited March 2015
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    First, I need to say something and don't mean to sound rude, so please don't take it as such. k? :) This subject comes up so often that if you look through the first 2-3 pages, you're sure to find it mentioned in a topic title.

So with that out of the way, I generally wait a month, 4 weeks. I feel that most people don't go on holiday/vacation for that long, and I've gone through their town about 30 times with nothing to tap, so sorry to say, off you go.

Not rude at all. I just don't have the time or energy to go back through the posts from years ago :?
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited March 2015
    I have several I am going to drop once this event is over. Some seem to stop clearing their town after they get everything you can get so waste of my time to visit them, and I'm tired of those kind of neighbors. Though the criminals spawn regardless, but when I was trying to get phones, these people didn't help me at all. And I have 1 that still has the Fed siren that goes off when I visit.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Everyone has their own standard for this, but I think during an event like this, it's much easier to decide. I've now gotten rid of everyone who never started collecting carbon rods. I have a few who were apparently enthusiastic for issue 1, then something happened (got bored? vacation? in the hospital? who knows?) and they either didn't collect pies or stopped pretty early in the pie gathering. Some of those I've just hidden because they might be back, but I don't want to waste time going through their town every day looking for phones which aren't there.
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • amytobler894
    79 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    During an event if there are no more tappables I'll give them another day then if they haven't cleared tappables then their gone. Non events I'll wait a few weeks before dropping the hammer.
    It's to easy to fill neighbor list, but don't agonize over it. It's your world do what you want.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Anyone not playing the event should be removed
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I was removing people earlier in the event for not playing but stopped. I'm still collecting all the friend prizes, and since you get FPs from criminals rather than buildings, you're guaranteed to get the full amount every day until the event is over.

Sure, I might be losing about 10-15 ray guns per day, but you get more than that from one criminal in your own town every 5 minutes. And phones are laughable. Wouldn't be surprised if I wind up with 2000 or so that I can't use by the end!
  • defectdefect
    304 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    During non events I will give them up to a month because I can understand people wanting to take a break especially if they've finished everything and possibly even bought all the aspirationals and there's no incentive to play on a daily or even weekly basis.

Right now? Well, I'm fed up with neighbours not visiting me so I just deleted 20 people who haven't been to my town in over a week but are still active. I can see there freezeray count climbing but I don't care, I want to unlock everything and I need those freezerays and there's thousands of loyal people out there who will visit me. I visit every single person on my list every single day.

My list is full but I know that in a few days I'll be deleting more people cause it seems every few days people stop making the effort to play.
    But we already did it. It took seven hours, but we did it. It's done.
  • truenykitty
    73 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I have great neighbors. Unfortunatly, I have 1 who hasn't played this past event. I will keep a space for them because they were always a terrific neighbor. To each their own. If you need the $ or Rays/FS points, then drop them. No one here will judge. :)
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    foremanjrs wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:

Not rude at all. I just don't have the time or energy to go back through the posts from years ago :?
    Not years ago, just recent stuff.
  • SnarkTheCat
    138 posts
    edited March 2015
    I think most folks have a few general ways that they do this. Here is the way that works for me.

1. If it is an event and they have an uncleared town for 2 - 3 days, they are usually unfriended.

2. If it is not an event and they have not cleared their town for a week, they are gone.

3. If they are real life friends or good neighbors that have been around for a long time, then I check on the forum and give them extra time. Most of these folks (for me) are people that I see on the forum, on Faceplace or I talk to them in person.

I have neighbors that do take a break after events end. I have also taken time off here and there, especially if work or real life keep me away from the Inter-webz-tubes.

It is your game, play it in whatever way makes you happy and find friends that play like you do! There are tons of players, so finding others who play multiple times per day should be easy. I have unfriended people and I have been unfriended by others. I don't feel bad when I unfriend or when I am unfriended, it is part of the game. The important thing is to find people who play like you do!
  • Bluejays20091
    403 posts
    edited March 2015
    Nitsujdark wrote:
    I have several I am going to drop once this event is over. Some seem to stop clearing their town after they get everything you can get so waste of my time to visit them, and I'm tired of those kind of neighbors. Though the criminals spawn regardless, but when I was trying to get phones, these people didn't help me at all. And I have 1 that still has the Fed siren that goes off when I visit.
    did the joker do your make up? :lol:
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I generally wait 3 to 4 weeks before considering removing them. Any day 1 player, I would wait a little longer.
  • Dexterslab32
    83 posts
    edited March 2015
    I just recently booted quite a few friends who weren't playing. During an event if someone doesn't play for 2 days I generally boot them unless I know there's something going on. If I've been friends with them for longer I usually give some leniency. People picked up in the "finding friends" thread get two days during an event and up to a month or until I get frustrated trying to find something to tap during a non-event.

Edited to add: You can't remove facebook friends, but you can hide them.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I will NEVER Unfriend a forum regular. I am still friends with Ratman!
  • VinaBaker
    215 posts
    edited March 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:

Ah, this made me chuckle!
  • boldbhoy
    272 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    When an event is on I can be very unforgiving. Anyone who hadn't collected pies by the time we hit phase 3 is history as far as I'm concerned. Daily visits help to ensure good scores in an event. I visit my friends and I would expect them to visit me.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I generally give people 4 days.

If it's someone who's been very active in the past, who I've seen in my town, who has a nice town with some Premium items, who is a regular forum member, and/or who I know in real life, I tend to give them more time.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • 4junk3000
    5740 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Never!

You must never unfriend!

If you do the donut bakers association will boycott your town and you'll never see another pink sprinkly again!!!!!

Or,

Just do it whenever you feel being neighbors isn't beneficial to your game play.

Try not to over think it. :wink:

P.s. donuts aren't baked...
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    JimJ321 wrote:

Does he still visit his town?
  • VintageEyes8
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    During the current event, mine are getting the axe after two weeks of no log ins unless I know them in real life. I realize some people become more busy than usual or due to recent weather events may have service outages so I thought I was being a bit quick with deleting, but seeing others weigh in, it looks like I am somewhat lenient.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.