EA Forums - Banner

Brandine and the Saint Patrick's Day Quest aka Brandinegate [spoilers]

Replies

  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Cletus's task menu is even more screwed up since this morning - probably because they closed the Saint Patrick's Day store items. I need it fixed soon.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    EArep: Yes I know we are getting many issues related to this.
    EArep: What I can do for you is add 15 donuts to your account for the inconvenience caused.
    me: So EA will not be providing any sort of fix?
    me: Thanks I guess.
    EArep: Yeah as the developers team will be fixing this issue as soon as possible.
    me: Imagine this scenario: I store her, complete the * Patrick's Day quest, re-start her 90 day quest, and then 2 months from now, you guys force people her use her for another task. We'd be right back at the same place - having to store or rush, etc.
    me: That is why I am hoping eventually our voices are heard about this matter.
    you: Ok
    me: Yes I understand that I assure you this issue will be foxed as soon as possible.
    me: Ok, thank you.
    EArep: Your welcome.


    Don't put words in my mouth.
    Sackable offence.

    :wink:

    Edit: safety wink
  • johncolombo
    11596 posts Senior Moderator
    edited March 2015
    petehd14 wrote:
    Cletus's task menu is even more screwed up since this morning - probably because they closed the Saint Patrick's Day store items. I need it fixed soon.

    Could you explain this a bit. I've already finished the tasks and I'm curious what the issue is with Cletus.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Brandine and Cletus are required for the task, so until both are completed, Cletus's part will always come first in his task menu. Normally if you select an 60-minute task for a character, the next character selected will have its 60-minute task listed first, until you get to Cletus. Then you might accidentally select his limited time 4-hour task, and the next character selected will have their 4-hour task listed first. It's really easy to get these messed up if you are dealing with 30-50 characters.
  • johncolombo
    11596 posts Senior Moderator
    edited March 2015
    petehd14 wrote:
    Brandine and Cletus are required for the task, so until both are completed, Cletus's part will always come first in his task menu. Normally if you select an 60-minute task for a character, the next character selected will have its 60-minute task listed first, until you get to Cletus. Then you might accidentally select his limited time 4-hour task, and the next character selected will have their 4-hour task listed first. It's really easy to get these messed up if you are dealing with 30-50 characters.

    Gotcha. Been there. I usually give up till that task expires.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    petehd14 wrote:
    B Normally if you select an 60-minute task for a character, the next character selected will have its 60-minute task listed first, until you get to Cletus. Then you might accidentally select his limited time 4-hour task, and the next character selected will have their 4-hour task listed first. It's really easy to get these messed up if you are dealing with 30-50 characters.

    This is exactly why I've started just keeping Smithers on his 24 hour task like Stampy. His 60m task is tied to Burns, but Burns always comes up first in the list, so you'd need to make a point of skipping him. PITA.

    (plus if he's got a premium skin then you'd be losing money on the dual task anyway)
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Well I'm glad the issue will be foxed soon... :hunf:
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • johncolombo
    11596 posts Senior Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Well I'm glad the issue will be foxed soon... :hunf:

    :roll:
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Really?! This many pages from people that complained they missed Brandine. EA brought her back for you, yet you're not happy they didn't plan for the 2nd chancers. Reset or speed up and be thankful she was brought back and hope EA doesn't notice this thread and think twice before bringing back any old items/characters.
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    GeminiTina wrote:
    Really?! This many pages from people that complained they missed Brandine. EA brought her back for you, yet you're not happy they didn't plan for the 2nd chancers. Reset or speed up and be thankful she was brought back and hope EA doesn't notice this thread and think twice before bringing back any old items/characters.


    I'm loving how so many people that this doesn't effect in any way are quick to jump on here and pass judgment at how other people are feeling and then also tell them what to do. That's been awesome. :roll:

    And, I think most of you missed the points many of the frustrated "complainers" we're trying to make. Valid points.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Wait, are you suggesting that dozens of people (each representing many more non-posters) having exactly the same issue might mean there's some validity to the complaint? Shocking.
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    i can't wait til this task just goes away from my task list lol
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • chud3
    143 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    someone from ea posted in the thread mentioned earlier and said the devs were aware of the issue and working on it.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    there's been 2 updates after this started so yea
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Does the stack of beer have any multipliers? If not, then I probably won't worry.
  • stinkbugger
    1984 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    mattruns84 wrote:
    Does the stack of beer have any multipliers? If not, then I probably won't worry.

    0.75%

    google wiki tapped out beer stack
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    GeminiTina wrote:
    Really?! This many pages from people that complained they missed Brandine. EA brought her back for you, yet you're not happy they didn't plan for the 2nd chancers. Reset or speed up and be thankful she was brought back and hope EA doesn't notice this thread and think twice before bringing back any old items/characters.
    Well first of all, I never complained that I missed Brandine because I always assumed they'd bring her back on Valentine's Day. Second of all, yes I am unhappy they didn't plan ahead. Why shouldn't I expect that of a well established gaming company? Third of all, bringing back old characters/items means more money for EA, so yeah I think they'll still do it no matter how much we complain...
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • niahunt
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    GeminiTina wrote:
    Really?! This many pages from people that complained they missed Brandine. EA brought her back for you, yet you're not happy they didn't plan for the 2nd chancers. Reset or speed up and be thankful she was brought back and hope EA doesn't notice this thread and think twice before bringing back any old items/characters.

    Let's just have a look how things transpired & why players are unhappy. It could have been any premium character re-released & let's assume it's one you don't already have:

    Promotion - Premium character on sale for donuts.
    Player - Buys premium character.

    Promp - Send Premium character on 90 day task
    Player - Follows the prompt.

    30 days later......

    Premium character required for an event.
    No option to quick finish without using donuts.
    No option to complete the event without losing 30 days on the original task.

    If this scenario had happened to you & left you with a smile on your face,I'm happy for you. For those of us who purchased this character & had the above happen I'm afraid it left us with a bad taste in our mouths.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • stinkbugger
    1984 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    fwiw, a "Community Manager" posted two days ago on that answers.ea thread:

    "Thank you all for reporting this issue.

    We have informed the development team and they are looking into it.

    As soon as more information is available, we'll let you know."

    I know that's not really much, but it is an indication that someone other than clueless phone/chat reps have pushed info upstream.

    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Brandine-and-the-Saint-Patricks-Day-questline/m-p/4434359#M99155
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    moarku wrote:
    petehd14 wrote:
    B Normally if you select an 60-minute task for a character, the next character selected will have its 60-minute task listed first, until you get to Cletus. Then you might accidentally select his limited time 4-hour task, and the next character selected will have their 4-hour task listed first. It's really easy to get these messed up if you are dealing with 30-50 characters.

    This is exactly why I've started just keeping Smithers on his 24 hour task like Stampy. His 60m task is tied to Burns, but Burns always comes up first in the list, so you'd need to make a point of skipping him. PITA.

    (plus if he's got a premium skin then you'd be losing money on the dual task anyway)

    I get this problem too, and although it's not a perfect solution by any means. If we take the example above, by storing Burns, then immediately put him back down, Burns comes up last, and Smithers before him. Does that make any sense?
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.