15678911Next

Replies

• shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    moarku wrote:
    petehd14 wrote:
    B Normally if you select an 60-minute task for a character, the next character selected will have its 60-minute task listed first, until you get to Cletus. Then you might accidentally select his limited time 4-hour task, and the next character selected will have their 4-hour task listed first. It's really easy to get these messed up if you are dealing with 30-50 characters.

This is exactly why I've started just keeping Smithers on his 24 hour task like Stampy. His 60m task is tied to Burns, but Burns always comes up first in the list, so you'd need to make a point of skipping him. PITA.

(plus if he's got a premium skin then you'd be losing money on the dual task anyway)

I get this problem too, and although it's not a perfect solution by any means. If we take the example above, by storing Burns, then immediately put him back down, Burns comes up last, and Smithers before him. Does that make any sense?

Then store smithers.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    That won't work, because then Smithers is still after Burns. We want him before Burns.
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • chajuishuh
    228 posts
    edited March 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    That won't work, because then Smithers is still after Burns. We want him before Burns.

Then store burns. That's what I did to get smithers in front of him. But smithers is always in stonecutters garb in my Springfield now anyways.
  • Athewhofan2
    30 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm aware that Brandine has a part in the Saint Patrick's Day questline. It only crops up if you have her, but like many others I imagine, I took the opportunity to add her when she was made available again recently.

Now, my question is this:
    - Brandine is currently pregnant, and not due to give birth for another ~70 days!
    - This is probably the same as anyone else who bought her during the Valentine's "event".
    - So - when her part in the Saint Patrick's quest comes up, is it required to complete that part of the quest? Does it auto-rush the pregnancy?! Or will I have to store her, and lose 20 days of a pregnancy that is timed to finish at the same time as my Corn?!?[/quote
    It not worth spending donuts to rush her through not worth the prize even though it premium for 35donuts as I got the prize in my other account i been playing for several months on bluestacks. But in my main account I been playing for over 2 years as I too only got Brandine recently so I not get the prize at the end unless it still there after 58 days.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm aware that Brandine has a part in the Saint Patrick's Day questline. It only crops up if you have her, but like many others I imagine, I took the opportunity to add her when she was made available again recently.

Now, my question is this:
    - Brandine is currently pregnant, and not due to give birth for another ~70 days!
    - This is probably the same as anyone else who bought her during the Valentine's "event".
    - So - when her part in the Saint Patrick's quest comes up, is it required to complete that part of the quest? Does it auto-rush the pregnancy?! Or will I have to store her, and lose 20 days of a pregnancy that is timed to finish at the same time as my Corn?!?[/quote
    It not worth spending donuts to rush her through not worth the prize even though it premium for 35donuts as I got the prize in my other account i been playing for several months on bluestacks. But in my main account I been playing for over 2 years as I too only got Brandine recently so I not get the prize at the end unless it still there after 58 days.

What does bluestacks mean?
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    fwiw, a "Community Manager" posted two days ago on that answers.ea thread:

"Thank you all for reporting this issue.

We have informed the development team and they are looking into it.

As soon as more information is available, we'll let you know."

I know that's not really much, but it is an indication that someone other than clueless phone/chat reps have pushed info upstream.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Brandine-and-the-Saint-Patricks-Day-questline/m-p/4434359#M99155

I guess I should have checked that board for updates, because I got fed up earlier tonight and stored Brandine.

Honestly, I wish I'd never bought her at all.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    chajuishuh wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

Then store burns. That's what I did to get smithers in front of him. But smithers is always in stonecutters garb in my Springfield now anyways.

Yep!! That works too! I've had to do that with a few people now!! It's when you wanna do four hour jobs and everybody wants Homer that the problems come, as Homer would always be first anyway, and who do you send him on a job with?!
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    chajuishuh wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

Yep!! That works too! I've had to do that with a few people now!! It's when you wanna do four hour jobs and everybody wants Homer that the problems come, as Homer would always be first anyway, and who do you send him on a job with?!

My trick for that is to always tap through Homer first, then start assigning tasks. Since he's at the start of the list, you won't get caught up in tapping and accidentally set him.

That said, I still usually forget and just set him first. :mrgreen:
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    chajuishuh wrote:
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

My trick for that is to always tap through Homer first, then start assigning tasks. Since he's at the start of the list, you won't get caught up in tapping and accidentally set him.

That said, I still usually forget and just set him first. :mrgreen:

Lol! Exactly my problem! I'll think "Okay, I'm gonna give everyone four hour tasks, that I skip past Ho-Dang it I just gave him a task!!!" :x
  • Annathewicked
    4727 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Not to bring this back up again..... Especially since I didn't have the problem- I just understood it very well.

But as I worked to find "easter eggs" this morning I thought of this issue and the argument started by a rep that we all got 20d instead of 5-10 for a mini event to fix the brandine issue..... and how some had said ok, maybe and others said no, no way.

Well this is a mini event- we got 20donuts.......... No need to fix anything........... It raised questions on this again for me is all.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    they fixed this problem in the april 1st updates
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited April 2015
    they fixed this problem in the april 1st updates

I concur! I'm glad I held out. Between this, all the free donuts, and the glorious bounty of the Burns Mystery Boxes (I think I got at least one of every premium item), EA are currently in my good books. Let them bask in their glory!

[Edit] And of course my Corn Baby is still intact.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.