EA Forums - Banner

EA your Scale Sizing is terrible!

Well, apartment buildings and stores come in all different sizes, so I don't think that's really an issue. The Times does look like it should be bigger though.

Replies

• 4junk3000
    4933 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I was just considering this.

I will probably get one more handcuffs before the crafting part ends. So one more z store or one more z lofts. I have one store now. It's across from the Skips Diner and internet cafe. It's huge compared to those two. Why would I want another?

Then i thought, none of this stuff belongs in SF anyway. It says some other city right in the name. Why am I working so hard to collect this junk at all?

Then I thought, why do anything when nothing matters anyway?

I play this game to escape the frustrations of our measly existence. The least they could do is have some consistency of scale.

So yes, I think I understand your point.
  • Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Meh. I wouldn't say way too big. I tend to put comparable sized things together if building a strip mall.
    For instance, you could put the arcade, Black Box, & gym together. Then put smaller things, ie Skip's, comic shop, Jake's together, etc.

Really, nothing is to scale in this game. The characters would not be able to fit in the buildings, cars, etc. The cars themselves are also a lot bigger than the parking spaces. If we could put cars on the roads, the roads would all have to be single-lane one-way streets. :? Of course, if it were all to scale, could you imagine the "need more land" threads? Everything would be HUGE. :shock:

The Times building, on the other hand, is way to SMALL. Ther's already a bunch of threads about that, though... :P
  • barszap785
    454 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    They all look fine in my town.
  • smohqy
    2086 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    barszap785 wrote:
    They all look fine in my town.

Everything looks fine in your town. 8)
  • Jasonwalker23
    35 posts
    edited March 2015
    most buildings don't really bother me but the zenith times really does.. won't fit in downtown with the other skyscrapers, but can't really picture it with the other small buildings..
  • miraclemet
    422 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I thought the Zenith store looks fine next to the little black box and a few other similar sized shoebox buildings.

The Zenith Apartments, which seem to be widely loved, arent to a great scale either...right now mine are next to, and dwarfing, the Retirement Home, which at minimal is the same size (two stories) but looks about 2/3 the size of the Zenith Apartments.

its all about placement.
  • audiomixdon
    289 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    It Blows is huge too. It should be same size as Helter Shelter. But it's way bigger than Z tennis court.

And park Homers car next to Krustyburger, and it's bigger.

Etc etc
  • chajuishuh
    228 posts
    edited March 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Then i thought, none of this stuff belongs in SF anyway. It says some other city right in the name.

I'm actually using the Zenith buildings to build a Zenith City addition to my Springfield. But I have been able to craft 5 apartment buildings, 3 stores, and 1 lofts besides the Times building. And I'll have enough to craft one more apts. and one more lofts or store by tonight. So it should be filled out pretty nice with those, Super Squad HQ, the prison, and death mountain. May even add the Ziff building to ZC as well.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    most buildings don't really bother me but the zenith times really does.. won't fit in downtown with the other skyscrapers, but can't really picture it with the other small buildings..

I put mine next to the TV and Radio stations to make a sort of "media district" and I think it looks fine, though I still need to do a real design for the area.

6Zkyf8H.png

(edited to add image)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • empathy77
    4088 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    It Blows is huge too. It should be same size as Helter Shelter. But it's way bigger than Z tennis court.

And park Homers car next to Krustyburger, and it's bigger.

Etc etc

^this, It Blows should be the size of Skips Diner or Androids Dungeon
  • eliansukke180
    18084 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    The Zenith store looks fine in my inventory.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I don't understand why this is so big of a deal. Changing the sizing of buildings after the fact is annoying, but this is based on a cartoon and not reality. I say lighten up and enjoy it. :) If it was all to scale, you'd have no room and the characters would be too small to see.
  • AJtheboss1
    3838 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    It's been a problem ever since this game came out. I wish they used a baseline size and adjusted things accordingly to make things look like they somewhat fit together, but sadly when it came to this EAs quality control flew right out the window.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!