EA Forums - Banner

Triffids

Prev1
I too am getting a good random mix of tasks after the Christmas update. I've received the task to collect from 10 restaurants/businesses only once, but I am getting a good range of 45 second to 24 hour tasks.

Replies

• Thecure668
    252 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm getting them too. I don't mind them to be honest.i'm maxed out level 24, so got no more quests. So they don't get in the way at the moment.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Thecure668 wrote:
    I'm getting them too. I don't mind them to be honest.i'm maxed out level 24, so got no more quests. So they don't get in the way at the moment.

* the system! Don't grow triffids, grow tomacco. You have the power, you only have to reach inside yourself and grab it!

• Bentwookie56
    26 posts
    edited December 2012
    It's Moonshine or nothing!
  • dougschoemer
    54 posts
    edited December 2012
    Ten days ago, maxed out on XP and in little need of the meager cash offered by crops, I went for corn. 80 days to go and I am now regretting it mightily. I now expect the next new update will involve growing something as a quest and I will have to shell out $100 bucks for the donuts to rush the corn. D'oh.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited December 2012
    Ten days ago, maxed out on XP and in little need of the meager cash offered by crops, I went for corn. 80 days to go and I am now regretting it mightily. I now expect the next new update will involve growing something as a quest and I will have to shell out $100 bucks for the donuts to rush the corn. D'oh.

Or you can store the farm, thereby canceling the corn. Then replace the farm and your back to normal.
  • dougschoemer
    54 posts
    edited December 2012
    ThomasK323 wrote:

Or you can store the farm, thereby canceling the corn. Then replace the farm and your back to normal.

I did not know that. The things I learn here continue to sustain me through the long winter days and nights. Thanks ThomasK323.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    ThomasK323 wrote:

You can't just put your farm into the inventory to stop growing your corn. You plant corn, you make a commitment and that commitment lasts 90 days and not one day less. Shame on you.
  • dougschoemer
    54 posts
    edited December 2012
    peruhomer wrote:
    ThomasK323 wrote:

You can't just put your farm into the inventory to stop growing your corn. You plant corn, you make a commitment and that commitment lasts 90 days and not one day less. Shame on you.

Rats. Hopes dashed. Commitment is rarely a good thing - I should have known better.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    peruhomer wrote:
    Thecure668 wrote:

* the system! Don't grow triffids, grow tomacco. You have the power, you only have to reach inside yourself and grab it!

My obsession with this game wouldn't allow me to just let the triffids sit in the task bar haha. If I get 8-hour tasks in the early evening, I hold off on them until I go to bed, or wait until 7 or 8 at night to set 12-hour tasks, but that's as far as I can go lol.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited December 2012
    peruhomer wrote:
    ThomasK323 wrote:

Rats. Hopes dashed. Commitment is rarely a good thing - I should have known better.

By can't, you cannot cancel corn and join the 'I grew corn' club.

I lie a lot in these forums but in this case I'm being honest.
  • dougsbeard
    286 posts
    edited December 2012
    It's Moonshine or nothing!

i agree. plus christmas quests are over and even though im maxed out on XP (like everyone else) random quests here and there for my springfieldians gives them something to do...makes them feel useful and in control of their own lives.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited December 2012
    peruhomer wrote:
    Thecure668 wrote:

My obsession with this game wouldn't allow me to just let the triffids sit in the task bar haha. If I get 8-hour tasks in the early evening, I hold off on them until I go to bed, or wait until 7 or 8 at night to set 12-hour tasks, but that's as far as I can go lol.

I'm the same way. Losing some cash is better than having a job in the task bar.

Heck, I got the Bart and Millhouse sleepover quest. So what I lose several hundred dollars by making two characters go on a 24 hour job, if TSTO tells me to do something I must comply.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    peruhomer wrote:
    Thecure668 wrote:

Of course you can't, you're an upstanding citizen and that is why you chose a policeman as your avatar.
  • Phinbart
    128 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've only had two Crop Share/Good Eats/Taxman Cometh quests since the beginning of the Halloween update. And by that I mean that I've had one Crop Share quest and another one I can't remember.
  • shabu922
    174 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Here's a suggestion - close the taskbook so you don't see the quest, and grow whatever you want. Except wacky tobaccky, we ain't got that yet....
  • Pchorsedoc
    320 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Have got lots of random tasks in th last week but I refuse to grow triffids one day before a potential update! My tasks also include sending Homer on his monkey marathon. I hate leaving tasks undone but this is ridiculous ;)
  • rrpj007
    41 posts
    edited January 2013
    I started corn a few days ago. The day after I started it, I got a "Grow Tomacco" quest.

So I'll be having that little icon taunting me for the next three months.

Dammit.
  • Pchorsedoc
    320 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    rrpj007 wrote:
    I started corn a few days ago. The day after I started it, I got a "Grow Tomacco" quest.

So I'll be having that little icon taunting me for the next three months.

Dammit.

Hahahaha!
  • childeharr
    235 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I got that triffids request about two weeks ago. It's funny how beautiful a picture of triffids can get when it's been sitting in your task book for roughly two weeks. Task book open...task book closed!
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited January 2013
    I was tasked with this the other day. I hate leaving tasks open so I did it.

Now I was also tasked with Lisa's 8 hr task. I was doing real good at avoiding it until tonight when I accidentally sent her to do it. D'oh!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!