EA Forums - Banner

No Female Superheroes

Prev134
This conversation actually was on another thread early on in the event. I think many came to the conclusion that there just haven't been that many female superheroes in the show.

To be honest, it hasn't bothered me at all.

Replies

  • NuclearPip
    85 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Seconded!
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
  • ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, this bothered me too. Instead, we get Lisa crushing on Fall Out Boy in the beginning and that's it. Come on, there is Clobber Girl, Brainy Baby, and Cocoa, and they could have even used the Entangler, Vampire Edna or the Jazzler - all three who appeared in the Simpsons Comics. Missed opportunity - Clobber Girl Lisa would have been awesome to have!
  • FreeWillUnit
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I know that this is a very Lisa Simpson complaint, but what can I say? I was hoping that chapter four would involve a female superhero, as I've had Archer Lisa and Fireball-Throwing Marge trainging for their moment to join the Avengers, er Justice League, er whatever. But it's an exclusive boys club apparently. Very disappointing for a show that has one of the best female characters in television history.

    I fully support you. In addition to these and other heroes listed in the thread, I had hopes for Sailor Moon Kumiko. Maybe even Hot Flash. There should be female supervillains too! Bring on Charcoal Briquette!

    How about some diversity, too? Bumblebee Man and Icelandic Carl, for example.

    Martin and Moe set the bar pretty low for inclusion (especially Moe), yet still there has been failure. This is a very male, white event. And no, it is not okay.
  • ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    How about some diversity, too? Bumblebee Man and Icelandic Carl, for example.

    Martin and Moe set the bar pretty low for inclusion (especially Moe), yet still there has been failure. This is a very male, white event. And no, it is not okay.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^ This. All of this! Again - I loved the event, the whole concept of it, the comic book genre, etc - BUT, it was beyond exclusionary to the point that the only time a female was involved is when she was in love with one of the superheroes or had to hang out with Milhouse - so basically, a total accessory, stuck in the background and eliminated from said story when she was needed any more. No diversity in characters either - Martin in a dress really doesn't count...
    My hope is that this series runs again next year and opens up a lot more - but then again, some of these characters should have been around this time, not stuck in as an appeasement the second time around. (too much coffee this morning, really riled up and suffering from lack of clicking..)
  • CLWggg
    182 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    This is a very male, white event. And no, it is not okay.

    White? Or yellow, maybe?
  • kitfisto2121
    92 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Is this thread satire? I hope so, because if not you PC police are getting ridiculous.
  • Cheffernan13549
    94 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Did you ever stop and think that thier could be another superhero event next year. I mean thier is still lots of content they cud release. For instance elastigirl,the diddler, poison Lenny. They cud defianatly make another event out of these and they cud release even more content
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited March 2015
    I have to agree with kitfiso. Annoyed by the constant suggestion to add obscure characters.

    Only Clobber Girl out of those named is really iconic. The others like Charcoal Briquette had seconds of screen time and it was probably easier for EA to figure out tasks for a dinosaur with gas pump arms. Wouldn't mind Sailor Moon Kumiko; but, EA may be scared away by copyright like for Frozen Castle.

    Don't know if EA was actually aware of many of these obscure character names you guys are throwing out, most of which you guys yourselves didn't even mention/remember nearer to the beginning of the event, so I'm not going to fault EA for overlooking them.
  • jankrohn
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    The same episode featured Xena. She would have been a nice addition to the collection.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I would have liked to have seen at least one of the female superheroes from the show, but I think if it were clobber girl then it would have caused the issue of a stretch dude skin not being released (the two characters go together, IMO), as Bart just had the Bartman skin released. They could have added Lucy Lawless, though, without it being an issue because of the Collector (in the episode she reminds the kids that she is not Xena, but Lucy Lawless). But then they would have to go through the process of getting the rights to use her image in the game, I believe... Which is probably way more of a hassle for them.
    Too bad, though. All of them would have fit in to the event very nicely! :D
  • awez1
    408 posts New member
    edited March 2015
    i agree, more female super heroes needed!!!! this is ridiculous, i mean spider pig got in but not a lisa skin????
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I have to agree with kitfiso. Annoyed by the constant suggestion to add obscure characters.

    Only Clobber Girl out of those named is really iconic. The others like Charcoal Briquette had seconds of screen time and it was probably easier for EA to figure out tasks for a dinosaur with gas pump arms. Wouldn't mind Sailor Moon Kumiko; but, EA may be scared away by copyright like for Frozen Castle.

    Don't know if EA was actually aware of many of these obscure character names you guys are throwing out, most of which you guys yourselves didn't even mention/remember nearer to the beginning of the event, so I'm not going to fault EA for overlooking them.


    How is Charcoal Briquette an obscure character when she's a member of the same Fossil Fuel Four that Petroleus Rex came from. They could have added Charcoal B as easily as the added P-Rex. Clobber girl went alone with Comic book guys issue as well. If you don't care why bother joining in the dialogue. It's not PC to want to know why they couldn't add any female superheros. This reminds me of two recent articles I read. The new female Thor comic is out selling the male Thor comic, even though they got a lot of negative feedback from males and why they felt a need to add an extra female character to the Hobbit movies. This backward thinking exclusionary mindset is out of date.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    This doesn't come to me as a surprise to be honest. For those of us who were around from the beginning, and went on the forum, you'd know how much complaining was done just to get the core female characters into the game.

    Ever since this game came out it had a heavy bias towards male characters. Even when female characters started coming out, more of them ended up being limited time, or premium. It was always extremely annoying and odd to even male players.

    The only thing I can hope for is that they release a super hero event part 2 with all female characters to even out the playing field.

    Overall though a feminist could have a field day with this game, easily calling it sexist. I suppose that wouldn't bother the creators too much, because it's not the worst thing the simpsons as a whole has done.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    This doesn't come to me as a surprise to be honest. For those of us who were around from the beginning, and went on the forum, you'd know how much complaining was done just to get the core female characters into the game.

    Ever since this game came out it had a heavy bias towards male characters. Even when female characters started coming out, more of them ended up being limited time, or premium. It was always extremely annoying and odd to even male players.

    The only thing I can hope for is that they release a super hero event part 2 with all female characters to even out the playing field.

    Overall though a feminist could have a field day with this game, easily calling it sexist. I suppose that wouldn't bother the creators too much, because it's not the worst thing the simpsons as a whole has done.

    I also remember people were just as defensive and coming up with excuses, and when all else failed, just flat out called people Feminst for wanting female characters added. To me that's RIDICULOUS!!!!! Why does someone have to be a feminist, to just want so of our favorites added to the game that just happen to be women.
  • SirCraigius
    526 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I was expecting Clobber Girl Lisa when I first heard about this update. But I was also expecting Stretch Dude Bart as well...
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Igcognita wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    This doesn't come to me as a surprise to be honest. For those of us who were around from the beginning, and went on the forum, you'd know how much complaining was done just to get the core female characters into the game.

    Ever since this game came out it had a heavy bias towards male characters. Even when female characters started coming out, more of them ended up being limited time, or premium. It was always extremely annoying and odd to even male players.

    The only thing I can hope for is that they release a super hero event part 2 with all female characters to even out the playing field.

    Overall though a feminist could have a field day with this game, easily calling it sexist. I suppose that wouldn't bother the creators too much, because it's not the worst thing the simpsons as a whole has done.

    I also remember people were just as defensive and coming up with excuses, and when all else failed, just flat out called people Feminst for wanting female characters added. To me that's RIDICULOUS!!!!! Why does someone have to be a feminist, to just want so of our favorites added to the game that just happen to be women.
    I personally made fun of the game for almost exclusively adding males. I called the game a virtual c0ckfest. :lol:

    Things have changed since then which is nice. Sadly old habits die hard with these developers. :roll:

    Actually I find it extremely odd that they'd exclude female characters in main events, simply because of the demographic. This game has a ton of female players. You'd think they'd want to cater to them too.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    AJtheboss1 wrote:

    I personally made fun of the game for almost exclusively adding males. I called the game a virtual c0ckfest. :lol:

    Things have changed since then which is nice. Sadly old habits die hard with these developers. :roll:

    Actually I find it extremely odd that they'd exclude female characters in main events, simply because of the demographic. This game has a ton of female players. You'd think they'd want to cater to them too.

    How did that pass the censors. I agree, but the great thing is we finally got about 80% of the main female and child characters, it only took almost 3 years. I don't have an issue with the game having more males characters than female because that comes from the show, but why do some have an issue with requesting female characters.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited March 2015
    Igcognita wrote:
    How is Charcoal Briquette an obscure character when she's a member of the same Fossil Fuel Four that Petroleus Rex came from.
    The entire Fossil 4 are obscure characters.
    If you don't care why bother joining in the dialogue... This backward thinking exclusionary mindset is out of date.
    These type of remarks are why people are joining the dialogue.

    The tone is accusatory because some individuals may not agree EA intentionally omitted female superheros due to an "exclusionary mindset" versus there not just being many great ones to add. Also, these threads contain mildly offensive and vulgar remarks like c***fest, sausage fest, old boys club, etc. that makes others uncomfortable. They may be common around woman's rights activists; but they are not necessarily positively perceived elsewhere akin to how the n-word is used by African Americans.

    You don't have to agree with my stance nor I yours. But it should be acknowledged/understood that this is a politically sensitive issue that will evoke a response from the other side.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LisaSimpsonOH
    459 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Is this thread satire? I hope so, because if not you PC police are getting ridiculous.

    No, it is not. What's wrong with wanting a miniscule of representation. I'm not even asking for 50/50 here!

    Think of the history of this sort of thing for women. It's the 1960s or 70s. 50 kids are invited to a party, 25 girls and 25 boys, and they are asked to dress up as their favorite superhero. Sure, you'll have a few Batmans and Supermans and Spider-Mans, but there will be some Hulks and Aquamans and Robins and Iron Mans and Thors and such. And 25 Girls drsssed as Wonder Woman. Forty years later, and we can't even get one represented on this game.

    And yes, some color would have been nice too.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Igcognita wrote:
    How is Charcoal Briquette an obscure character when she's a member of the same Fossil Fuel Four that Petroleus Rex came from.
    The entire Fossil 4 are obscure characters.
    If you don't care why bother joining in the dialogue... This backward thinking exclusionary mindset is out of date.
    See, this rhetoric is why people are joining the dialogue and labeling you guys "feminists". Your tone is accusatory and there isn't necessarily proof that EA intentionally omitted female superheros due to an "exclusionary mindset" versus there not just being many great ones to add.

    It also doesn't help that you guys are throwing out obscure names for the sake of inclusion rather than merit. As far as I'm concerned, TSTO is based on the Simpsons so fans would want the most prominently featured characters added from the show first.

    I agree Clobber Girl could have been added; but, I'm not sure what EA's plans are. They may be saving her. EA has been saving bigger characters for a while (like Helen Lovejoy, Lunch Lady Doris, Cookie Kwan, etc.) because we're running out of good ones. I think she's definitely on EA's radar, though. Xena/Lucy Lawless and Sailor Moon Kumiko would be great as well if EA could actually get them.

    Then most of this event is classified as obscure because the storylines and characters only appeared once on the show, I don't get your point on this one.

    Secondly I wasn't referring to EA when I mentioned exclusionary mindset, but to the people who responded with, I don't care and those characters are obscure and to any one who has a problem with people being disappointed that females weren't added to this event.

    Lastly. I have only requested two characters from the begining of this event up until now, one being Charcoal B and the other was Clobber girl.
    Edit typos created by crazy spell check.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.