EA Forums - Banner

Gmail Android app

No troubles here. Hope it gets sorted out tho!

Good luck!

Replies

• dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2015
    It's interesting, because the phones it seems to be affecting appear to be mainly Samsung phones and tablets, in particular, the Galaxy S series (mine is a Samsung Galaxy S3). I hope they do see there is a major problem, but after 3 days, obviously not. Hope they fix it because when i can't be at my computer, my phone is ultra important to recieve emails :(
  • eliansukke180
    18123 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Oh, right, that explains it. No Samsung stuff here.

Annoying as * tho! :evil:

I hate it when updates bring an app back to the stone-age.
  • 4junk3000
    5243 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I don't know what version you're unhappy with, but gmail tried to update for me, back before lollipop came out, and I hated the change so rolled it back and left it since.

I won't download updates that specify they are lollipop optimizations. I'm keeping KitKat 4.44.

Good luck fixing that.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I don't know what version you're unhappy with, but gmail tried to update for me, back before lollipop came out, and I hated the change so rolled it back and left it since.

I won't download updates that specify they are lollipop optimizations. I'm keeping KitKat 4.44.

Good luck fixing that.

The newest version of the app, there were issues with the previous version that stopped working on Sunday, and then the auto update happened without permission (i have all my apps set top ask permission to update). Now, the new Gmail just won't work on my phone. Luckily, my old ACER tablet version still works as that hasn't been updated for a while, but on my Samsung Galaxy, it's broke and it seems Google/Gmail is doing nothing to fix it at all. Only option i have is to reset the app by removing all updates, and yet, there is no guarantee this will work.
  • eliansukke180
    18123 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I really like the lollipop Gmail app. It's a big improvement to the older versions imo. Especially with the other e-mail addresses that can be added now ( non-gmail ).
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2015
    I really like the lollipop Gmail app. It's a big improvement to the older versions imo. Especially with the other e-mail addresses that can be added now ( non-gmail ).

I like the new look and feel to it as well, seems much better and cleaner and has tried to incorporate what my very old iPhone 3G has with its email function (where you can add multiple email accounts like Gmail and Hotmail/Outlook). It's just that it's not working at all which is the most frustrating thing about this.
  • eliansukke180
    18123 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    dave3490 wrote:

I like the new look and feel to it as well, seems much better and cleaner and has tried to incorporate what my very old iPhone 3G has with its email function (where you can add multiple email accounts like Gmail and Hotmail/Outlook). It's just that it's not working at all which is the most frustrating thing about this.

Yeah, i can imagine, mate.

Hope this get sorted out soon! :evil:
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2015
    dave3490 wrote:

I hope so, but Google are just impossible to contact, and letting them know of issues through the play store and app is about as useful as a rusty hole in the hull of a boat
  • eliansukke180
    18123 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    dave3490 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:

I hope so, but Google are just impossible to contact, and letting them know of issues through the play store and app is about as useful as a rusty hole in the hull of a boat

Yeah, even EA is easier to contact. :lol:
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2015
    I restored the Gmail app to it's factory setting, basically, deleted all the updates for Gmail, and surprise surprise, it's working again. Note to anyone who has Gmail on a Samsung device, DON'T update to the new version! Such a shame there's such a big problem with the new version because i really liked the look of it, and it felt smooth to use. Hopefully they will fix it and i can update to the new version in the future, but in the meantime, i'm not touching any updates for Gmail
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!