EA Forums - Banner

Thinking of Nuking my Springfield

lowjeff783 wrote:
My town is a mess right now and looking to start all over.

How many of you have nuked your town?

If so, how long did you take to rebuild?

Any tips or notes or things I should be aware of to make the rebuild easier?

Mine took forever to rebuild. The longest part is having to scroll through all the items in storage until you come to the item you want.
But I regret nothing. I'm not crazy happy with my town now, but it is a continual process!

Replies

• emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm in agreement with Moxxee. I didn't nuke my town because I have only 10 days left on my corn. So I painstakingly put everything in storage... one by one. Took FOREVER, but I'm glad I still have my corn.

Now I'm in rebuilding mode. Yes, it's a LOT of work, and it DOES take forever to scroll through all those items. But I'm LOVING the new look! So I don't regret it, at all. I'm guessing another two weeks until completion? Probably less, at the rate I'm going. But if your town is a mess, and you want to make it look nice... especially if you've been playing a while and have accumulated some great stuff, then by all means... do it!!

As long as you keep this in mind, with no sugar coating...

It takes a LOT of time AND patience.

No problem, if you're the patient sort.

But MAJOR problem if you expect immediate results.

Just keep calm and have FUN with it!!!

:mrgreen:
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the advice. Yes I am really looking forward to the rebuild but of course thinking about all the items I already have in storage is delaying it right now lol.

Can't wait to pull the trigger and start all over though

• moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    lowjeff783 wrote:
    Thanks for the advice. Yes I am really looking forward to the rebuild but of course thinking about all the items I already have in storage is delaying it right now lol.

Can't wait to pull the trigger and start all over though

Do it!
    SqZlt1I.gif
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    ^^ :D
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    And I just pulled the trigger !!

:D

Wish me luck !!
  • denisewalks
    178 posts
    edited March 2015

[/quote]

Do it!
    SqZlt1I.gif[/quote]

Holy @&$; this is so epic! ^^. Made me actually lol.

On topic, I've been thinking about doing it too. I think I'll just bite the bullet and do it.
  • GrantDarov769
    51 posts
    edited March 2015
    i did it after the **** event and i took me 2-3 days of hard work, but since then there has been a lot of new stuff and since this event gave us soooo many buildings im thinking of doing it a second time. Just keep in mind that evan though i had a lot of suff the 1st time i still spent about1.5mil on new decorations and objects
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Do it! Throw all the buildings out real fast in a pile so you start earning your $$$ and then take your time and enjoy it..... Who cares how long it takes... Days, weeks, months? This game is always a rebuild.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I nuked Krustyland and am in the process of decorating it more now that I've been able to buy all of the land, but I don't think I'd ever pull the trigger on nuking Springfield since there is just so much very detailed decorating I've done there. I prefer to redesign one small area at a time, which over time can lead to essentially a nuked and redesigned town!
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Not me. It will take me countless hours to rebuild my Springfield if I ever nuke it. :lol: I tend to do sections at a time instead. Good luck!
  • drprimo
    259 posts
    edited March 2015
    Has anyone had issues with items disappearing lately?
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    drprimo wrote:

The only ones that disappeared when I put some into storage were the wrecked brown houses (unless it's somewhere else in my inventory box). :lol:
  • raymartin0766
    18 posts
    edited March 2015
    I nuked about 2 months ago. I had a basic idea on how I wanted it to look. I started the rebuild by first placing Homers pool in the center of the landing zone so I always knew where it was. Next was placing the buildings around town near where I wanted them. Put in a few roads. I started rebuilding from the outside in. That worked for me as the center of town is residential in nature and could be spread out or crammed together as needed (wound up be a little spread out). I also wanted the Simpson house to be in the middle of my landing zone. It took me about a month to rebuild and I have no regrets.
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    drprimo wrote:

It's been months since the last time I nuked my main town- lost the Faberge egg.... And it has not been recovered.
    My second town was a clone- so it was missing that already, nuked around xmas sometime- nothing has been noticed as missing...........
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited March 2015
    I nuked my town as soon as Xmas ended and I am still rebuilding it... I take a LOT of time on each section and I also have school in the way from my tapping... I am taking a break until after the event where I will make a awesome Superhero section (I have a great idea for it) and I will finish my housing area and make a huge park. I am not going to have room for all my buildings though so I am going to have to buy some more land.
  • delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited March 2015
    Just an idea; I think that all the Zenith phone booths would work great with Lisa's recycled fort.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!