EA Forums - Banner

Ekstra money from friends glitch

Prev1
I have just confirmed this.

I tapped two buildings with cash registers. Waited for their rewards to clear...

Then tapped 3 spray cans immediately. They were all right next to each other. All three paid out.

Glitchy!

Replies

• thatdonald845
    1594 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Me too. First time I managed to get three spray cans as the buildings were close - but the second time I only had time to get two. I'll never get rich quick this way but it is worth doing when you see a group of spray cans sitting next to each other. :mrgreen:
  • thatdonald845
    1594 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    After further research I found that you only have until the first spray can you tap stops spraying, but this is long enough to tap another three.

:D
  • Annathewicked
    4716 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    This has been going on a looooooong time..... Never noticed it go away, but it might have. I've done this since I discovered it probably over a year ago when I can. Sometimes neighbors cans are too far apart.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • johncolombo
    11451 posts Senior Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Back it the day I could get 5 taps most of the time but I thought it was fixed? Will give it a test for fun but I don't need in game money.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • spreadpanic4
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Remember stacking boardwalk tiles (and corn)?

Those were the days
  • 4junk3000
    5361 posts Member
    edited March 2015

Those were the days

Yeah! - but then again I never used them all. Still have a bunch on hand. Nice to have the surplus though.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • jules210264
    14 posts
    edited March 2015

Those were the days

And TV programmes had the stack as well.
  • anna22478
    407 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I tried this out on my visits today & in 1 town managed to tap 6 buildings! (2 cash & 4 spray cans) really helped boost my banked cash :). Did worry as I got the small update halfway through my visits & thought it was to stop this glitch but it was still working after the update :) When I get some more land I will be redesigning so I will move my spraycan buildings closer together so my neighbours who know this can take advantage of it. Happy tapper today!
  • HappyGamer73
    2402 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Back it the day I could get 5 taps most of the time but I thought it was fixed? Will give it a test for fun but I don't need in game money.

I'm pretty sure it was fixed - I'd swear I've tried it before and had no luck, until now. Maybe it's because they had 6 taps for the event instead of 3?
  • johncolombo
    edited March 2015

I'm pretty sure it was fixed - I'd swear I've tried it before and had no luck, until now. Maybe it's because they had 6 taps for the event instead of 3?

sounds like a good theory to me
  • johncolombo
    edited March 2015

sounds like a good theory to me
  • blizzardfri
    76 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Me too. First time I managed to get three spray cans as the buildings were close - but the second time I only had time to get two. I'll never get rich quick this way but it is worth doing when you see a group of spray cans sitting next to each other. :mrgreen:

Well, that explains it! I hadn't seen you in a while and then you were all over the place :shock: Thought you had gained superpowers...
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    How did I never know this??
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • 4junk3000
    5361 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    This had proven to be pretty fun, not for the extra cash but just to try to get all four if I can. Visiting neighbors was a lot more fun this last round!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Smilee306
    278 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    This had proven to be pretty fun, not for the extra cash but just to try to get all four if I can. Visiting neighbors was a lot more fun this last round!
    I agree! I had no idea about this glitch until this thread, but that does make it a lot more fun!
  • anna22478
    407 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Smilee306 wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    I agree! I had no idea about this glitch until this thread, but that does make it a lot more fun!

I also agree, visits are taking longer searching for at least 2 spray and together but it's more fun. I'm just wondering..do our neighbours benefit from our 4,5 or 6 taps. Do they still only get 3 handshakes or do they get one for every tap we manage to squeeze in? It would be nice to know that our fun & extra cash is also benefiting them. Especially as those without hidden training walls might be loosing confirm o meter stars.
  • pollardfreek
    786 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    So, this is just for extra cash right; you don't get a chance for donuts from the extra visits? I just started doing this so I'll report here if I get anything.
  • anna22478
    407 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    So, this is just for extra cash right; you don't get a chance for donuts from the extra visits? I just started doing this so I'll report here if I get anything.

Yes this is just extra cash. If you are maxed out on FP then you still get your donut chances. So far im averaging 2 donuts a day from visits.
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm loving this trick. I just did a full pass through my entire friend list and got 54 EXTRA TAPS! Plus another 4 almost-taps that I barely missed. :D

Of course, it also took waaaaay longer to get through them all because of the need to constantly search out specific buildings, not to mention a few close together, so I clearly won't be doing that every time. But it's nice to know it's possible.
    :thumbup:
  • anna22478
    407 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    & just confirmed it benefits your neighbour too! Just had 4 taps from 1 neighbour. 1 on a cash building & 3 graffiti :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!