EA Forums - Banner

New building quest won't unlock

The same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago.

But trust me,save your money now. soon you will get like 5 new building requests right after eachother.

Replies

• Tortyreus
    108 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have over 200k right now and there are only 3 buildings I can build left on the list so it's cool ;)
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    Tortyreus wrote:
    I haven't had a new building quest for a week and a half now and it's getting quite annoying. My Apu has done his 7 day task a week after the Christmas update so it's not that it's locked because of him. I have a ton of side quests done since last week but I just can't get my next building, Channel 6 is the building not unlocking by the way.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I don't know if it's normal but since level 17 the building quests have been very slow to unlock, at level 23 I had 8 buildings waiting to be unlocked by quests...

People are progressing a lot quicker than they used to, thus they are reaching levels well before quests are unlocked. If you are at that stage, Quimby triggers Channel 6 to build.
  • Tortyreus
    108 posts
    edited December 2012
    So because I progressed quickly I have to wait longer? :S Oh well, not much that can be done about it I guess but just happy it's not a glitch
  • mrmil0
    113 posts
    edited December 2012
    Tortyreus wrote:
    I haven't had a new building quest for a week and a half now and it's getting quite annoying. My Apu has done his 7 day task a week after the Christmas update so it's not that it's locked because of him. I have a ton of side quests done since last week but I just can't get my next building, Channel 6 is the building not unlocking by the way.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I don't know if it's normal but since level 17 the building quests have been very slow to unlock, at level 23 I had 8 buildings waiting to be unlocked by quests...

People are progressing a lot quicker than they used to, thus they are reaching levels well before quests are unlocked. If you are at that stage, Quimby triggers Channel 6 to build.

I went a little tapped out crazy since I installed the game a couple of weeks ago. I am likely going to hit level 24 before I even have the Nuclear Power Plant built.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    Tortyreus wrote:
    So because I progressed quickly I have to wait longer? :S Oh well, not much that can be done about it I guess but just happy it's not a glitch

I'll give an example: People are getting to Level 24 and they still haven't built stuff from like Level 20-21 because everything has to be done in order. Just because you're at a certain level doesn't mean you get all the buildings.

Though it sounds like your situation is different, that you're at Level 24, waiting for Channel 6 as your next building and it's not coming. Am I right? I was just stating where a bunch of others are at. Keep leaving all your people open and hopefully something will trigger for you. Good luck.
  • Calerock
    312 posts
    edited December 2012
    The problem is, while we're trying to level up and get buildings, there's a Christmas event going on, that makes the other quests less important
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    Tortyreus wrote:
    I haven't had a new building quest for a week and a half now and it's getting quite annoying. I have a ton of side quests done since last week but I just can't get my next building, Channel 6 is the building not unlocking by the way.
    Are you certain those 'side quests' weren't the series of quests leading to the building of Channel 6? It takes about a week and a half from the completion of Krabapple's apartment until you get to build Channel 6.
  • Tortyreus
    108 posts
    edited December 2012
    Mrmil0:

Yes, but our situations are different, I've been at level 24 waiting for the level 23 building that's next on my list to unlock for a week now with no other buildings being build in that week.

Itsmedanshep:

Yes I know that, but Channel 6 is next on my list (and has been for a week) so it's not like I still have to build the Town Hall or something, it's really this building.

Calerock:

I have already completed all Christmas quests, already have all Funzos and Santa's Little Helper and all buildings decorated.

Dromtsul:

I'm pretty sure, but not 100% because right now I have Lisa Bart and Millhouse on a 12 hour sunday-school trip, a quest with some dialogue in it, so maybe after this? I've had the Krabapple's Apartment for a while now and have already done all her quests
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Tortyreus wrote:
    I'm pretty sure, but not 100% because right now I have Lisa Bart and Millhouse on a 12 hour sunday-school trip, a quest with some dialogue in it, so maybe after this? I've had the Krabapple's Apartment for a while now and have already done all her quests

The 12-hour Sunday School quest is part of the progression, but you still have a way to go. You still have a few days worth of 24 and 12-hour quests. For a complete lst, chck out this Walkthrough FAQ:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9043283.page

The tasks after the Krabappel Apartment are very long, indeed! You are on the right track.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.