EA Forums - Banner

EA - Be a mensch and give us a nice schmaltzy Passover event!

Prev1
I do not celebrate Passover, but I think it is about time for our Jewish tappers to get something fun designed around their holidays. That being said it should not involve a prize wheel.

Replies

• doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    As interesting as that would be, we wouldn't be able to get it until next year at the latest, whatever has been planed was created months ago, these things take time.
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I may not be Jewish, but I like the idea! I would LOVE to see our Jewish friends honored in such a way. (Any religion, etc.) I think it's a thoughtful idea! We celebrate Christmas, which is primarily a Christan holiday. So why not?

I'm not religious, (I'm not Athiest or Agnostic, either, but I do consider myself very spiritual,) but I do believe that it's more than fair to consider other beliefs. What could it hurt? It's not like EA is trying to convert anyone.

Or are they... :shock:

Just kidding... :mrgreen:

Like doh1886 mentioned, it probably isn't feasible to expect an event anytime soon, since it does take time to create them, but why not put one in motion? I'm sure many people would welcome the idea of adding those Jewish characters to their game.

I know I would! :D
  • smohqy
    2103 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Absolutely! As long as it gives me yet another religion's statue or topiary to place at my Buddhist Temple, it isn't an exclusionary place.

And the splash screen could be Krusty running from the Sky Finger. :D
  • Zomboy716
    447 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    smohqy wrote:
    Absolutely! As long as it gives me yet another religion's statue or topiary to place at my Buddhist Temple, it isn't an exclusionary place.

And the splash screen could be Krusty running from the Sky Finger. :D

Wearing a yommachah!
  • MuskiePlunge
    88 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I wasn't playing yet when Wacking Day took place and was looking forward to it. Instead, TSTO came out with the Easter Event offering an entirely different series of prizes (unlike other annual events providing some repetition from past years). With precedent made where the northern hemisphere spring event shifts in context and content it seems like an ideal opportunity to have a lot of fun with your idea. Would love to see it.

Though, still wishing to earn a Wacking Stick some day :)
    When there was The [Broken] Wheel. The horror... The Horror!
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    For the record, I'm totally not expecting anything to happen for this year. Just planting a seed for next year. Also, I don't see any need for it to be a full-blown event. I would assume something more along the lines of Saint Patrick's or Valentine's Day this year.

Also, while I do happen to be Jewish, I'm not seeing it as a need for ME to be represented. Just like how Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism are already represented in the game, there are some very strong Jewish characters and places existing within the show. It would be fun to have them.

Just off the top of my head, the mini-event could include:

-Rabbi Krustofsky with Temple Beth Springfield
    -Various other buildings from the Jewish Neighborhood (walk of fame, "I can't believe it's not Trayfe," etc.)
    -A ready-made storyline with Krusty and his father.
    -A storyline of Lisa being nerdy about learning other cultures.
    -Moses with the Ten Commandments (several episodes)

If you start digging a bit there's tons more. There's even an Easter Episode from a long time ago where Lisa has a dream about the Exodus story, which maybe could lead to skins for various characters. Milhouse as Moses? Skinner as Pharaoh? Who wouldn't want that? :)

Lots of ways to go here.
  • truenykitty
    73 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Great idea. It would make a good story line. Mazel Tov!
  • ZennGlenn
    1716 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I wasn't playing yet when Wacking Day took place and was looking forward to it. Instead, TSTO came out with the Easter Event offering an entirely different series of prizes (unlike other annual events providing some repetition from past years). With precedent made where the northern hemisphere spring event shifts in context and content it seems like an ideal opportunity to have a lot of fun with your idea. Would love to see it.

Though, still wishing to earn a Wacking Stick some day :)

Ditto on Wacking... I'm actually fairly decent w/out the Passover thing though & would rather see many other events .
  • Distracty
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    moarku wrote:
    I just floated this idea over in the Easter Event thread and a few people liked it, so I'm starting an independent thread. The Simpsons has some great Jewish characters including the beloved Rabbi * Krustofsky and of course Krusty himself (sort of).

So what do you say? Shall we hondle a bit?

tlME8j0.gif

They'll probably "passover" adding him. Didn't the character recently die? :?
    Maybe Maude could have some ghost company...
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6246 posts Moderator
    edited March 2015
    I'm down for a Passover event as long as it brings a live version of Rabbi Krustofsky with Temple Beth Springfield.

NOT a ghost version.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3072 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Being as how I wanted Hanukkah included in the Christmas event, I am down with this! Bring it on.
  • Smilee306
    278 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    moarku wrote:
    I just floated this idea over in the Easter Event thread and a few people liked it, so I'm starting an independent thread. The Simpsons has some great Jewish characters including the beloved Rabbi * Krustofsky and of course Krusty himself (sort of).

tlME8j0.gif
    Besides loving the idea of adding the Rabbi, I was curious if Herschel got censored from your Initial post...testing....

Edited: ok, now I'm curious as to what was there.... :wink:
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Smilee306 wrote:
    moarku wrote:

tlME8j0.gif
    Besides loving the idea of adding the Rabbi, I was curious if Herschel got censored from your Initial post...testing....

His first name is actually Hy-man. But without the hyphen. It is a body part of sorts (though spelled slightly differently), and an actual medical term, but I guess they figure it's close enough. :)

I'm still more baffled that the abbreviation of the word "Saint" gets filtered out. Even the mods don't know why.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited March 2015
    I wouldn't mind a Passover event but beside the rabbi there is nothing to include in it. My guess is that they are going to have a Easter sale and he would be a cool edition to it either as a free tie in or as a premium.
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Aside from loving the idea, I was cracking up at the subject title and the poll selections lol. Well done. :D
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I'd love a Passover event. We got Easter already, so this won't hurt. Diversity is good, plus there are some pretty good characters that can be added.

Rabbi Krustofsky, and the Jewish old man come to mind! :)
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    MamaLuck wrote:
    Aside from loving the idea, I was cracking up at the subject title and the poll selections lol. Well done. :D

Agreed. Brilliant and funny post/poll options.

And yes, any excuse to add Rabbi Krustofsky is more than good with me!
  • zutroy69
    456 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    Is it not written in the Babylonian Talmud, and I quote, "an Easter event should be pushed aside with the left hand, and a Passover event drawn closer with the right?"

but actually, perhaps a joint Hanukkah/Christmas 2015. What with the gift giving and the lights, and dare we consider… spinning a dreidel?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Lottie089
    375 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I think it's a great idea. If nothing else it would mix things up a bit.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited March 2015
    moarku wrote:
    Smilee306 wrote:
    moarku wrote:

tlME8j0.gif

His first name is actually Hy-man. But without the hyphen. It is a body part of sorts (though spelled slightly differently), and an actual medical term, but I guess they figure it's close enough. :)

I'm still more baffled that the abbreviation of the word "Saint" gets filtered out. Even the mods don't know why.

Hmm, thanks for explaining that, I was wondering as well. It's crazy how some filters will not allow certain words to go by, and I have been puzzled by the Saint abbreviation for a long time as well.

But for the Rabbi's First name, I also thought it was a last name. Didn't Bart use it is an episode when he was calling Moe's tavern. Yes, he asked for Buster, Buster Hy-man?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!