EA Forums - Banner

update 2.3.0 ???

Prev134
The description says: "additional behind-the-scenes adjustments to improve overall gameplay". I'm guessing that's EA-speak for minor bug fixes.

Replies

• jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited September 2012
    Maybe it'll help the continual disconnects.
  • ShAdOwXPR
    42 posts
    edited September 2012
    I want disconnected fix, lost progress fix and adding more friends fix...
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited September 2012
    I install it and now I can see Bart in a big picture and told me that cannot connect...blah, blah. This sucks.
  • ShAdOwXPR
    42 posts
    edited September 2012
    WOW just updated and no free donuts after all the problems hhmmmmm....
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited September 2012
    too many people are playing,dont you wish you were one of them...damn I hate this error
  • ShAdOwXPR
    42 posts
    edited September 2012
    QCOuTLaWz wrote:
    too many people are playing,dont you wish you were one of them...damn I hate this error

getting the damn server error...
  • ShAdOwXPR
    42 posts
    edited September 2012
    After an update they lose the servers again, so disappointing...

servers finally up by the way
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited September 2012
    I resolved, I restore my ipad for the ver 2.2 of the game and now is working. I'm not going to upgrade until I hear that this is fixed.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited September 2012
    albert2k wrote:
    I resolved, I restore my ipad for the ver 2.2 of the game and now is working. I'm not going to upgrade until I hear that this is fixed.

I'm a little dubious that reverting to the previous version had anything to do with correcting your connection difficulties. I've been running under the new version since late this morning with no noticeable problems. No better, no worse than before.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited September 2012
    My update works fine. I think it was more of a coincidence it wasn't working.
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited September 2012
    albert2k wrote:

I'm a little dubious that reverting to the previous version had anything to do with correcting your connection difficulties. I've been running under the new version since late this morning with no noticeable problems. No better, no worse than before.

Maybe is a coincidence, but, I will wait a little bit before upgrade again. This is working fine and I don't want to go back again.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6381 posts Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I was really hoping for an actual content update with new characters, buildings, decorations & levels. Man how long are they gonna keep us waiting
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited September 2012
    I was really hoping for an actual content update with new characters, buildings, decorations & levels. Man how long are they gonna keep us waiting

The re-release is barely a month old. To expect anything substantive in the way of an update at this early point is a little unrealistic, isn't it? Or am I missing something?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6381 posts Moderator
    edited September 2012

The re-release is barely a month old. To expect anything substantive in the way of an update at this early point is a little unrealistic, isn't it? Or am I missing something?

A lot of us have had the game since March, including myself
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited September 2012

A lot of us have had the game since March, including myself

I can completely sympathize with your point of view, Deadshot. But when since that initial release would they have had time to work on an update with substantial new content? I presume that between April and August the programmers were primarily fixing the major problems that led to the app being pulled from the Apple Store. Plus, they're supposedly still working on a release for Android. This is just a WAG, but I wouldn't expect a major update until sometime in 2013 (assuming we ever see one). But maybe I'm being too pessimistic.
  • ShAdOwXPR
    42 posts
    edited September 2012
    Ea needs more programmers and servers for this game, they have the money $$$ and the game is popular...
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited September 2012
    ShAdOwXPR wrote:
    Ea needs more programmers and servers for this game, they have the money $$$ and the game is popular...

More servers sounds nice. I dunno about more programmers. For big software projects isn't there usually some "sweet spot" beyond which adding additional programmers yields diminishing returns?

I was just looking at a CNET interview dated this past August with one of EA's VPs in which he held out the hope of a major update "later this year," so, who knows, maybe my earlier estimate of a 2013 release date for such an update *was* too pessimistic.
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited September 2012
    game is running fine under 2.3.0 I was just hoping on content drop ;( lol but yeah,I would expect one before the end of the year..
  • edited September 2012
    Nightmare!!!!! Can't even get on my game now?!?! Run update, re-started app.... Won't let me log-in.... 20 mins of trying.... I GIVE UP.....Grrrrrrr :o(
  • beckiswannell
    1 posts
    edited September 2012
    Really not happy!!!

Did the update, then lost my springfield and am back to level 1!!!!

Whats going on??????????
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.