EA Forums - Banner

Mutant Seeds?

Prev1
Only visit neighbors with a spade/shovel count going, tap their mutant walking corn usually found on roads. Don't drop seeds in towns without a spade count. You get more seeds from tapping mutant corn in your own town, not very many though.

Replies

• matildawr
    49 posts
    edited April 2015
    Only visit neighbors with a spade/shovel count going, tap their mutant walking corn usually found on roads. Don't drop seeds in towns without a spade count. You get more seeds from tapping mutant corn in your own town, not very many though.

Alright, thanks! I couldn't figure out what to do in other people's towns because I dropped the seeds in one of the neighbors on the top of the leaderboard just ot be sure they're at that point in the event, but that actions stayed at 3/3.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me :) gonna go through my neighbors and look for mutant veggies! :D
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    check out the crazy event thread (I've posted a couple of useful neighbor things on page six)

basically the mutant seeds are like gremelian eggs (super rare, can be bought with donuts, I wouldn't, if you are someone whose bought a lot partner up with some other buyer) I do my best to recall who's been dropping and then reciprocate (although there's one neighbor who's been flooding my town and I feel guilty because they've bought seeds and I won't, I'm going to PM them and hope they cut back (seriously, I'm grateful but I'm never going to send back 30 seeds
  • matildawr
    49 posts
    edited April 2015
    casby wrote:
    check out the crazy event thread (I've posted a couple of useful neighbor things on page six)

basically the mutant seeds are like gremelian eggs (super rare, can be bought with donuts, I wouldn't, if you are someone whose bought a lot partner up with some other buyer) I do my best to recall who's been dropping and then reciprocate (although there's one neighbor who's been flooding my town and I feel guilty because they've bought seeds and I won't, I'm going to PM them and hope they cut back (seriously, I'm grateful but I'm never going to send back 30 seeds

That's a bummer that they make it so rare... I'm not a premium player so i wont be buying any. I have some donuts from neighbor collecting and myster box etc but i save those to spend on characters instead.
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    to clarify, I will do my best to drop seeds on this person's town (like 1 or 2 at a time) but Ive seen 5 creatures from them 3 or 4 times now and it makes me feel guilty.

I've sent the PM and I'll unfriend if it persists (I don't want this town wasting seeds on me or feeling angry that I can't fully reciprocate
  • AAASmuck
    124 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    casby wrote:
    to clarify, I will do my best to drop seeds on this person's town (like 1 or 2 at a time) but Ive seen 5 creatures from them 3 or 4 times now and it makes me feel guilty.

I've sent the PM and I'll unfriend if it persists (I don't want this town wasting seeds on me or feeling angry that I can't fully reciprocate

That's crazy talk. If the dude dropping seeds in your town doesn't mind, why do you? Let him make the choice on whether to continue.

I have a friend who faithfully visits my town everyday, event or no event. She gets things like seeds from me in every event, a reward of sorts for her loyalty. I'd be extremely disappointed if I logged in one day to see she had unfriended me, just because I was giving her too many things!
  • matildawr
    49 posts
    edited April 2015
    This is going to make me sound like a horrible person, but i rarely remember who dropped what in my town and i just go through them as i go. Might have to be nicer and pay more attention during this event and the blobs. The only neighbor i drop more in on purpose is my brothers town.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    casby wrote:

That's crazy talk. If the dude dropping seeds in your town doesn't mind, why do you? Let him make the choice on whether to continue.

I have a friend who faithfully visits my town everyday, event or no event. She gets things like seeds from me in every event, a reward of sorts for her loyalty. I'd be extremely disappointed if I logged in one day to see she had unfriended me, just because I was giving her too many things!

I agree with you, Smuckin. Casby should NOT feel guilty. Is your neighbor a premium player? I'm a premium player, and I enjoy the social aspects of this game. I buy a lot of items to drop in my neighbors towns - nerds, eggs, or in this case seeds. I have some longtime and/or loyal neighboreenos who I spam with items. I do it because I like to, not because I expect to get the same quantity in return.

So casby, I'd recommend going with the flow. Your neighbor is a premium player, they are probably having fun spamming you, likely knows your not a premium player, and likely doesn't expect you to reciprocate. Enjoy it, don't stress over it! :)
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    casby wrote:

I agree with you, Smuckin. Casby should NOT feel guilty. Is your neighbor a premium player? I'm a premium player, and I enjoy the social aspects of this game. I buy a lot of items to drop in my neighbors towns - nerds, eggs, or in this case seeds. I have some longtime and/or loyal neighboreenos who I spam with items. I do it because I like to, not because I expect to get the same quantity in return.

So casby, I'd recommend going with the flow. Your neighbor is a premium player, they are probably having fun spamming you, likely knows your not a premium player, and likely doesn't expect you to reciprocate. Enjoy it, don't stress over it! :)

but they are a brand new for this event neighbor (ie not someone who is rewarding past events)...I can tell they are premium, they've donut fowarded to around 6000 spades (if they were long standing, it would be different)..I don't like feeling like I'm taking advantage (seriously if you buy seeds partner up with others who do as well

I'd like to be able to spread out seeds to other people who have dropped one or two on me but then I'm like this new town has sent me 30-35 seeds and Ive only given back 5(I asked this town to hide me so they'll stop wasting seeds on me and I'll probably catch up to what they've dropped but it's stressful
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    also (this is just me) I tend to want to give seeds to towns that seem like they are struggling, ie lower level people, people who are making spade progress but who seem like they'll miss the goals (I tend to focus on giving to people who give to me but then I branch out)

does a person who has 6000spades really need the seeds over someone who's at 1000 spades?

again, if they weren't a brand new (added in the past three days) neighbor I'd probably let it pass...it's also possible they think I'm more premium then I am (I have Frink, the pet store, Itchy and Scratchy studios and the cracker factory all near Monsarno because it's my commercial- factory district, I do buy buildings/characters but don't buy things like seeds.

• XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    casby wrote:

but they are a brand new for this event neighbor (ie not someone who is rewarding past events)...I can tell they are premium, they've donut fowarded to around 6000 spades (if they were long standing, it would be different)..I don't like feeling like I'm taking advantage (seriously if you buy seeds partner up with others who do as well

I'd like to be able to spread out seeds to other people who have dropped one or two on me but then I'm like this new town has sent me 30-35 seeds and Ive only given back 5(I asked this town to hide me so they'll stop wasting seeds on me and I'll probably catch up to what they've dropped but it's stressful

I understand. You feel like you're taking advantage of your neighboreeno because they are dumping a lot of donut-bought seeds in your town and you will be unable to reciprocate. My point is your neighbor obviously wants to do it (maybe they think you're a good neighboreeno, or they like your town, or simply want to help you), they wouldn't be doing it if they didn't want to. PM them and mention you appreciate it but can't reciprocate. If they stop, then that's that. If they don't, then you know they want to do it :)

In my opinion, for those of us who spam some of our neighbors, pairing up kind of defeats the purpose. I spend donuts upgrading, I spend donuts on seeds. I don't need a lot of extra currency from a neighbor because I've already bought it. Knowing the rarity of seeds, I appreciate when a fremium neighbor drops one or two seeds in my town, but I don't expect them to reciprocate if I'm spamming them. If a neighbor wants to spam me, that's fine - it's their decision. But in the end, it's more fun (to me, at least) to help out good neighboreenos :)
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Not that I've noticed.....

And I'll add these buggers are rather hard to catch as opposed to some of our recent foes- they move fast and I'm constantly tapping other stuff!!

also like to thank Steve- I too had many a green blob to catch this morning... Thanks a ton neighbor!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Well Doh! It just occurred to me... If you're not sure you got them all, go to your neighborhood or Krustyland and back. If there's still any seedlings bouncing around you'll hear the splorch when you come back...
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Darn! It didn't work. Somebody dropped a seed in my town while I was IN Krustyland and I didn't get the splorch when I came back. (I got a pop-up notification while I was there.)

I wish they'd be consistent about these things. Maybe it only does the splorch when you're starting up? No, that can't be right. I've heard the splorch when going into neighbor's towns... And I think I've heard it when I just had the game open, too.
  • stevetdda0201
    57 posts
    edited April 2015
    You're both very welcome! :) I don't think there is a way to tell when you've got them all. However, you do get a notification when you get all the other 'walking weeds'.
  • rocketdog222
    78 posts
    edited April 2015
    On the other hand they may just have a hack that is giving them an abundance of seeds. 6000 seems like a lot of spades for a new player since they don't have many characters, or they just have the cash to spend. Either way you shouldn't feel guilty they can see how many seeds you have before they visit I don't think they are expecting anything. They are probably just getting a kick out of sharing the wealth with their less fortunate friends lol. Don't take away from their gesture by feeling guilty just be happy and accept it. It's like receiving a present from a rich relative or friend they are doing it because it makes them feel good not for something in return, enjoy your friend. Maybe make them a thank you note with their name or something if you still feel bad lol. Accept the gifts you are given with a gracious heart :D
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    On the other hand they may just have a hack that is giving them an abundance of seeds. 6000 seems like a lot of spades for a new player since they don't have many characters, or they just have the cash to spend. Either way you shouldn't feel guilty they can see how many seeds you have before they visit I don't think they are expecting anything. They are probably just getting a kick out of sharing the wealth with their less fortunate friends lol. Don't take away from their gesture by feeling guilty just be happy and accept it. It's like receiving a present from a rich relative or friend they are doing it because it makes them feel good not for something in return, enjoy your friend. Maybe make them a thank you note with their name or something if you still feel bad lol. Accept the gifts you are given with a gracious heart :D

They aren't a new player just a new to me neighbor I picked up off an add me thread,level 51 premium town, it could be a hack but they don't have multiples of premium items just it seems like they spent donuts to rush for the early prizes (which some people do, I don't judge) I'm at 3000 spades and didn't rush the initial build so 6000 isn't monsterously out of reach, it just feels like someone being very generous with seeds.

which would be fine if it didn't make me feel guilty. (I dislike neighbors who don't visit during events (when the event can tell me in a freemium manner like stonecutters) as they feel like freeloaders and I worry that this person will see me as a freeloader for not seed matching

note: the neighbor didn't say anything like "looking for a neighbor who buys seeds and gremaliens" or looking for a premium neighbor (I'd avoid such matches) shrug...we'll see if I get a PM response or a seed reduction (I was grateful but also guilty which isn't a good ace to be
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm glad to see this thread!

I'm one of those people who REALLY enjoys dropping useful things in my neighbors towns.

If we've never talked, I drop one. (Sometimes more, depending on my mood and my wallet.) But if we've had communication on the forum, I will drop more. It's not unusual for me to drop 10. And if we've communicated off the forum, I give 10.

I ENJOY this!!!

And I don't want ANY of my neighbors to feel like they have to reciprocate! The game doesn't give out many freebies, and if I feel like spending some of MY OWN money, it's because I WANT to!

And not because I feel like I have to.

I have neighbors who have been giving me bunches of those crazy little lima beans, and I'm VERY thankful. But I honestly think that, if I didn't have the money to reciprocate, they wouldn't be upset.

And that's because I feel that way, too.

Some people just like to do this!

I'm one of them!

So please!! Don't feel bad when your neighbor feels like spoiling you! You DON'T have to reciprocate!

But, if you really feel like you NEED to do something... just drop them a PM and say, "Thank you!"

That's the BEST kind of "reward" because your neighbor will know you appreciate them. That's really all you need to do'

(Personally, I don't even need that! Although, I have had neighbors who have thanked me. And that was awesome!!)
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    the person went from 6000 spades to 16000 spades in under 8 hours, (I'm around 3500)the town was lovely, I decided it was probably a hack (and if it wasn't I'm sorry but it made me feel weird), got another batch of 5 seeds from the town, dropped the three I collected and then unfriended.

I could understand donut buying your way to the prizes (if you were planning to be away for the whole of the phase) but I don't understand doing that and then buying seeds.

shrug, unfriending means less guilt on my part
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    Casby, I understand. Recently, I unfriended someone whose town made me nervous. I guess I was afraid of guilt by association? Anyway, this town had many duplicates of unique (one per town) buildings and decorations. I didn't care how they got all of it, or why, I just didn't want any part of it.

I buy donuts all the time, so I know how quickly they can speed up an event. But even a "Boatload" of donuts can only buy so much. And no amount of donuts should be able to buy doubles (triples, quadruples,) of certain items. (I'm talking MANY unique buildings.)

I've only come across one such (I guess "illegal") town since I've started playing, but that was one more than I was willing to accept.

I would never do anything to get anyone in trouble. I simply unfriended this person.

It just made me feel WAY TOO uncomfortable.
  • casby
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    they didn't have any duplicates (maybe two cop cars but that's legit). it was a combo of seeming like they were a building completist and the massive spades jump (& my lingering feeling of "getting seeds from you makes me feel guilty. (even if legit)"

idk if the jump was legit but I have 2 or 3 neighbors who spend donuts to rush the events but usually they don't drop event currency on me (aka they buy the items for the event and then don't play the event as dedicatedly) (& then I look at the iyems in their towns)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.