EA Forums - Banner

Help With Kamikaze Bird

Yep- he could kill himself doing that.
Easiest deterents involve- close the blinds of the window- you might like looking out but it will make it a barrier not see through for the bird---- hanging things in the window can work too--- flashy objects, prisms etc people like in front of windows- makes the bird see it differently..soaping or using press and seal to make it opaque is good - only need to do it a few weeks usaully after their mating seasons you can go back to your normal life too......
But if your really worried- that should help

Edit- I guess what I'm saying is make the window less of a window

Replies

• emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    It's a dormer window, WAY up high, so no blinds. I can't even reach the darned thing. :cry:

But... Hanging things... hmmm...

Maybe a balloon? Might that work? Or several balloons? I can't reach the window, but maybe I can float a balloon up to it.

I don't want it to die! :shock:

• Annathewicked
    4714 posts Member
    edited April 2015
    It's a dormer window, WAY up high, so no blinds. I can't even reach the darned thing. :cry:

Maybe a balloon? Might that work? Or several balloons? I can't reach the window, but maybe I can float a balloon up to it.

Hmmmm bummer high window.
    But yes, balloons or if you have plants you could hang from the ceiling there.............lots of options- just less window. Less mirror.... He sees his reflection as another bird and since it looks like a place he can fly through at it - he tries......... So we gotta fool him into noticing it's not a through point
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • emymarek721
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2015

Hmmmm bummer high window.
    But yes, balloons or if you have plants you could hang from the ceiling there.............lots of options- just less window. Less mirror.... He sees his reflection as another bird and since it looks like a place he can fly through at it - he tries......... So we gotta fool him into noticing it's not a through point

Thank you, Anna. When I go out tomorrow, I'll buy a few Mylar balloons and put them in the window. Maybe I can find one that looks like a cat! :mrgreen:

I'll let you know how it goes.

I don't want that beautiful, CRAZY bird to die! But he is sooooooo determined...! :roll:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.